Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...

Well with the women it is pretty easy. Leung to win. Captain Frake looks like she is about to be diced. Frake needed a better shadow if she wanted to win.

For the guys. Going into this I really wanted punk Color Kid to win. But Rond's entry in this round is stunning. Ah what the hay. Color Kid to win. (Rond does have his patents to support him in his old age)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Polls are closed!!! Thank you all for participating. Stay tuned for the announcement of the WINNERS!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

...and they've been posted!

This has been so much fun! I gotta take a break now. I have a lot to do for Christmas, so this ended right on time.

I'll be working on contributions to Dave Cockrum tributes, so watch out for that. (All you other artists and writers are preparing something for the January Museum exhibit, right?)

I DO plan on organizing another Pinup Model competition, just after the holidays.... it should be an interesting one!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay Leung and Vidar!

I'm in awe of the enourmous amount of work you've put into those contests. Thanks so much for all that splendid entertainment. This has been like Christmas in advance. [Smile]

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't you know Cos would manage to slip in one of his yabbering moment there! (Although how in the UP he was restrained during the judging I can't figure.)
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

So check this out:

First Supermodel (women only) competition): Drura, a Substitute
Second Supermodel (guys only) competition: Ral, a Substitute
Gold & Platinum: Mekt & Blaze, two LSVers
Autumn Auburns: Lu & Garth, two Legionnaires
Ravens: Leung & Rond, two non-powered brainy (but not Brainy) types
FEMS: Theena, a lowercase legionnaire
and XGF: the groovy Iresa

The Subs have done rather well for themselves. Drura and Ral won, Ulu got to the finals and made quite an impression even as the runner-up, Lydda made a strong showing. True, Staq was knocked out in the first Auburns round, but just getting to the competition is something. Oh, and the leafy hoody's just the icing on the space-cake.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The Subs have done rather well for themselves.
Everybody loves the underdog. And they deserve it, lovable mutts that they are!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Wouldn't you know Cos would manage to slip in one of his yabbering moment there! (Although how in the UP he was restrained during the judging I can't figure.)

My intention was for each of the judges to NOT act in the typical manner I'd assigned to them, in that final round. So, Rokk gave a one word response to the pinup, Elwinda didn't use the word, "pretty"... etc. I suppose the Empress was close to her characterization by raving over Rond's green eyes, but still, she wasn't irrational. The one character that I couldn't "control" was Dr. Mayavale. He just HAD to blurt out some past life experience ("I used to be a SAMARAI!")

I'm currently going through Pinup Model withdrawals, but don't worry, I have plenty of other stuff to do!

Insomniac Girl, thank you for your above comment, in particular. Very nice!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Teeds, I love your assessment of the Subs in these contests! They are a truly beloved part of Legion history and this proves it! Stone Boy never made it into a competition, but he was the one who would have been made an actual Legionnaire!

Here's another angle....*obscure characters* have found another place to shine. I mean, Iresa and Leung are about as obscure as they get and they both won. Pretty much all of the Ex-Girlfriends were obscure. Beauty Blaze, though a member of a major villain group, has only been in a handful of panels within Legion history. Azura is dang obscure. Ji Daggle! Jungle King!

I think it's great fun to make these minor characters into major players!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

It might almost be unfair to let Dag into a Supermodel competition. Posing is his power!

If there's a special cases competition for those with unusual "hair" (or some other where he meets the requirement) I'm going to push for P-Pete. He's quirky-cute, and I like that.

(Even the Subs Auxiliary has gotten into the act: Double-Header presented the final two in the Top Hat competition. Excellent holo, too.)

I'm beginning to think the Subs funded themselves with modeling jobs and such.

I won't be surprised to see Pinup Models Inc. and Ulu Vakk working together again.

[ December 17, 2006, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I mean, Iresa and Leung are about as obscure as they get and they both won.
I'll admit to thinking that Leung was a bit too pale and caucasian looking, being a bit more golden-skinned in the comic, but you knocked the Iresa pictures out of the park. Her winning shot looked great, and that's not always easy with what you had to work with. She's a big girl and yet confident and glamorous at the same time.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the compliment on the Iresa pictures. I have to confess that I only looked at Steve Lightle's pictures of Leung once or twice, and I didn't do any research into how to depict her ethnicity. I suppose I should have. How was I to know such an obscure character would WIN? I think it's great.

I'd love to get comments at the Fabulous Fortes thread!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.