Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Who should get the leather boot?

Women:
Tinya 2
Frake 1
Lydda 1

Men:
Superboy 2
Rond 1
Star Boy 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Lydda, babe, I hate to say it but I'm just not feelin' it. And, Star Boy my man, you are just not hardcore enough to pull off that look, dawg. Sorry but y'all are getting voted off the island this round.

I really loved Leung and the Cap'n this round. And, Superboy cracked me up. I was a tad disappointed in Color Kid's performance-- the pants were just a little much but I like his consistency and potential.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Now for the judges. What is up with my girl Imra? I luv Lester, but he's just not her type.

She hasn't seemed the same since she got into Winema's and Sarya's minds. I'm not sure she's seen the same either, hmm. Observation is in order.

And where is Tizzles?

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Vote out Superboy and Vi.

Color Kid's pants make me laugh! Poor Imra - should she read Why Smart Women Make Foolish Choices - or is there just no accounting for true love?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you are having far too much fun drawing Jungle King.

As for the votes, oooh. Lydda, you're out in my book - everyone else used their fur/leather combo to dynamic effect. Seemed like you were playing it too safe, not using the guideless as well as you could have.

As for the guys... that's a bit harder. I'm going to have to go with Superboy too, if only because, well, he really doesn't have the style to pull that look off.

Ha! I love that Invisible Kid's so shocked his hair turned (partially) white. Awesome.

DRAMA IN 'BITS.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Girl was so striking last time, but the fur pieces are just too big for this smokin' minidress. I vote her off.

For the guys, it came down between Superboy and Star Boy. He's showing more personality (and skin), but I have to vote out Star Boy because leather pants are just too easy, and I've always thought guys in big fur coats like that look silly.

For Jungle King, keep doing what you're doing, Dean, and I'll have an impossible time voting for final winner between him and Color Kid. He just keeps getting hotter, though he needs to stop waxing.

If we were voting for winners this round, though, I'd have to be a rebel and vote for Tenzil. Wowsers! He's been working out!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Leung: Aww, pensive into-fur-snuggling. She’s totally sweet again, and has such pretty eyes.

Thom: Heh. He comes across as trying a bit too hard here. At least black and silver really suit him.

Tinya: Oh God, she reminds me of one of those fancily shaved poodles, only in fishnets (sorry, sorry.)

Colour Kid: Continues to rock the “wild” theme. And it’s probably not easy to project such attitude in pants as fluffy as these. Respect.

Frake: Aaah, perfect. Glamorously, perfectly perfect.

Clark: My vision is filled with HAT and COLLAR. Apart from that… somehow he doesn’t leave a lasting impression.

Lydda: The dress is either too short or too long, but somehow it ends at an awkward place on her legs. Doesn’t matter much, though, since she can easily distract from that with her enormous presence, beautiful face and hair.

Rond: Just like last time, it doesn’t actually seem to matter much what he’s wearing. He has such a charismatic face that your eyes keep being drawn to it. I foresee a great future for him advertising shaving utensils, should he ever need to fall back on something like that.

Vi: Wow, is she ever cool. She’s so intense; she practically vibrates with pent-up energy. The make-up and those little purple highlights in her hair are really perfect.

Jungle King: *snicker* He sure doesn’t suffer from excessive modesty. Thank you, Sir, that will do. Go and find at least a loincloth now. [Smile]

Out: Tinya and Clark.

What does the future have in store for Imra and Lester? Let’s just hope that poor Jaques' nerves can take it!

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I have three favourites in this round: Frake, Rond and Vi. Rond's coat is (comparatively) simple, but he comes through as a very likeable person. Vi's make-up rocks. And Captain Frake looks just fabulous in that attire. I actually liked Superboy and Star Boy a lot this time around, they certainly are pushing the boundaries. At least THEIR boundaries. Didn't care much for Superboy's hat, though. Leung is OK, if a tad uninteresting (I couldn't tell at first that the longer bits on her right side were actually her own hair). Color Kid and Tinya...not so great. But I want to keep them on based on past performances.

Reject Jungle King and Night Girl. I agree with Insomniac Girl, Lydda's dress just ends in a funny place. As for Jungle King... no. I understand that he is also pushing boundaries, but... no.

Great to see Jacques in the jury. At first I was wondering why he didn't have his white stripe, but obviously that became clear later on. Hm, what on Earth is going on with Saturn Girl? Is this going to be an ongoing subplot?

[ December 04, 2006, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlenaCal
Lazy Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlenaCal   Email AlenaCal         Edit/Delete Post     
Out: Tinya and Clark. I'll be back with comments later, but I just have to say that I enjoyed this round much more than I thought I would! The feathering texture is beautiful!
Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Goodbye Leung and Superboy.

I think Vi has been my favorite so far amongst the girls and I think Starboy's been great for the guys.

Lester Spiffany speechless??? What?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting Star Boy and Leung.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Leung looks ok, but it looks like she stole Matter-Eater Lad's outfit.

Star Boy is going for the sex/rock god look. And he makes it work.

Is Tinya going for the Russian slut look?

Color Kid is still in his bad boy look. Normally I don't like the fur pants, but he is so hot looking I can overlook them. Or maybe just require him to take them off.

Captain Frake is going glamerous. Very stunning.

Superboy is very hot looking. And borrowing EDE's nelly cap.

Night Girl is sexy glam.

Rond looks nice and toasty in him coat

Vi still going for the butch look. She seems very threatening here though.

And Jungle King. Less is definitely more.
Rejecting: I'd like to reject two of the women and none of the guys this round. I don't like Vi or Tinya. But it can only be one, so good bye Tinya.

As for the guys, they all looked good. I'll have to pick Rond and the least stunning of the group.

[ December 04, 2006, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Leung, nice use of the posture, but this picture doesn’t stand out much. Still perhaps a bit too Caucasian looking for my tastes.

Star Boy goes for the glam. You’re the star, bay-be! Might want to pull it back, Thom, you're skating on the edge of too far, and any further and you'd need to have a pole and back-up dancers.

Phantom Girl in fishnets. Wowza. Girls got some nice muscle tone working on those arms, too! Definitely a ‘less is more’ kinda moment.

Color Kid, oh my. There are no words. Last round he also took a risk and it panned out. This time, not so much.

Captain Frake looks *awesome* here. She’s totally in command, and has an appropriately haughty, yet serene, expression. The Empress herself would likely have been impressed with her poise, here.

Superboy’s definitely attempting to project some attitude. Go Clark, with your not-very-bad-self, but at least you’re trying.

Oh Night Girl, elegant and, as always, loving the hair. Nice profile, and you manage to work even more with less than Phantom Girl. Great work!

Rond Vidar looks comfy and snug and happy. Go Rond.

Vi has some serious muscle going on, and that posture is pure restrained aggression, with a hint of a smile suggesting that she’d *like* that. Bring it, Vi! Teach that camera-man a lesson for telling you where to stand!

Jungle King, uh, yeah, I think a squirrel died to provide the leather and fur for your outfit. In fact, there might have been leather and fur left over… Still, if you’ve got it, flaunt it, I guess, and it’s not like anyone picked him for his fashion sense.

Voting out Leung is hard, because she's my favorite in theory, but she hasn't a prayer against the other femmes in this round, who all carried off their looks. (Although Tinya was a close second, since Lydda managed to trump her look).

As for the guys, it's a toss up between Color Kid and Superboy. Color Kid's outfit this round was a total miss for me, but Superboy's attempt at attitude made me wonder if Red Kryptonite was involved, since Clark just doesn't have whatever it takes to carry that off. Gonna have to vote Superboy off, because Color Kid at least has a chance of impressing me next round.

So bye-bye to Superboy and Leung.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Wow! Voter turn-out is amazing! Thanks, everyone!!

Current standings on who should go...

Women:
Tinya 6
Lydda 4
Leung 3 votes
Frake and Vi 1 each

Men:
Superboy 8
Star Boy 4
Rond 2
Jungle King 1

Polls remain open...

[ December 04, 2006, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

It seems like the race is practically over, but I'm not closing polls just yet... one never knows.

However, I have completed pencils and dialogue for the next challenge! Basically, there's really only one pinup I'd have to change if the voting goes differently than I thought.

The next challenge turned out to be very different than I'd planned, which I love when that happens...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.