Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Jungle King and ... Leung, NO! Vi. Wait! Leung. No Vi!Shit.

Star Boy and Captai Frake.
Final Answer.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Vote out Lydda and. Damn. I've gotta pick one of the guys too. Be right back, after I... stare at them. For a little longer...

...Fine. Vote out Colour Kid, 'cause if he was *really* working the nerd vibe, his pants would be higher.

*crosses arms* Why d'you have to make this so difficult for me!

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Vote out Vi for the girls. I liked her in the last two challenges, but this one didn't play well with her militaristic bearing, cut, physique, etc. She should have been kicking that things polyocular backside all over space.

For the boys, Jungle King has found a way to wear even less than in previous challenges, I suspect, but at least we didn't have to see it. He's run out of clothing to take off, and this is a *fashion* show, not a 'how hot I look nekkid' show... Later man, don't let the space-door hit you in the space-caboose on the way out.

As for the rest, Rond looks surprisingly good like this, Leung looks spunky and full of life and innocence, even surrounded by cash-that-walks, Star Boy wins much respect for that retro star-on-chest outfit, Captain Frake is sultry and aloof and quite lovely once again, despite the impending cometary impact on cheekbone endangering her foundation, Color Kid needs to put some darn pants on (if I didn't dislike Jungle Jim and his sartorial lack-of-spendor so much, you'd be out Kid!) and Night Girl, as always, has great hair, and I even like the dangly owl-head wrist-charm!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry to say it, because he is a fine, fine man, but Jungle King is too much the same. Not enough unique.

And, Vi babe you bring variety, but this shot just isn't working with your hard arsed attitude. You're out, my friend.

On notice-- Star Boy, yet again. I just can't get into his look for whatever reason. And Color Kid-- I know you can do better, boy!!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Aw man, this is some of your best stuff yet. I love Rond's dazed, adorable expression (hey, if gold and platinums got to pose naked in the flowers, he could too!), and Captain Frake is once again, stunning.

But unfortunately, Jungle King's picture failed to dazzle me - the challenge wasn't a close-up, and though he had a lot of potential to take over this round (being a big player in ADV309), a profile mugshot doesn't cover it.

As for the girl... I'm going to vote Leung over Vi, because that badnass-but-sweet woman with an eye injury reminds me too much of Y: the Last Man, and I'm a sucker for BKV.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Jungle King was resting on his well-deserved laurels. He still looked good, but maybe the Chippendales of Space could use him now. Bye, King!
Rond is the new heart throb.

I'll vote out Vi, although I admire her perfectly relaxed stance next the beastie. Lydda just had the edge stepping into that dark cave and the other ladies were even more stunning. Comet earrings!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Rond and Frake are again quite amazing. And Star Boy, I really like the colouring effect on this picture, the glowing star, etc. Leung is nice, too, and very different from the way we've seen her before. Color Kid...meh. I don't know, I don't think I buy his nerdyness. Vi and Night Girl: not so great. But Vi has been so strong in past competitions that I'd really like to keep her. Jungle King...well, the picture isn't bad, but it just doesn't say much...

As for who gets eliminated, Night Girl for sure. As for the men... Jungle King (because Color Kid has been amazing in the past)

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting out Star Boy and Vi.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlenaCal
Lazy Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlenaCal   Email AlenaCal         Edit/Delete Post     
Some amazing pics! Rond is a hot-tay in his pic... love Star Boy's Wonder Pants! Captain Frake has been incredible throughout this whole competition... can I have her hair? Vi's pic has a bit of a Jim Mooney look to it, with the big eyes, but it doesn't really seem to fit with her theme in the competition so far. Night Girl is stunning! Color Kid's pic cracked me up, but that is just a hideous outfit! Eeurgh! Leung hasn't been my favorite in this competition, but this picture was very sweet. Jungle King got a little complacent for this one, didn't he?

OUT: Vi and Jungle King

[ December 06, 2006, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: AlenaCal ]

Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Jungle King: He has a nice mischievous smirk going on there, but I agree with Set: JK's probably buck-naked, good that we're spared from seeing it, where's the clothes-modelling-aspect, go away, JK.

Vi: A kinder, gentler Vi? If it's done like this, I'm all for it. She looks really sweet when she's letting her guard down for once.

Rond: This is a really great picture. His eyes are striking again, and he looks so innocently surprised and nicely tousled.

Leung: No matter what she does, I just love her. Dig that retro-space-uniform-chic, the jewellery and the fancy braids. Keep cheering up everyone with your sunny personality, please!

Thom: He's really shiny. Hope this isn't the reason large predators are attracted to him. If I may be a bit sadistic; for that "Lookee here! Aren't I great" pose he's striking he might just deserve a bit of Borlat mauling. (Or does he know that thing's behind him and is all "Lookit my Borlat and what I taught it to do!"? That would redeem the pose. [Smile] )

Frake: Very dynamic picture. Love the background and the colouring. Frake once again looks very commanding, seductive and cool. (I have to agree that the comet jewel looks a bit as if it's hitting her on the cheek, though.)

Colour Kid: Fun! The nerd couture outfit isn't conventionally fashionable, yes, but his entry really made me smile, especially because he looks so grim and scary (probably can't help himself with those eyes) while doing and wearing something rather unthreathening. Or do those equations drive you insane? Someone take that pencil away from CK before he stabs somebody with it.

Lydda: Her hair is overwhelming her head a bit this time. The bracelet is nice, but there's just something missing here.

Reject Jungle King (hmm... did he sic that Borlat on Star Boy? If he's been trying to sabotage competitors he doubly deserves to be voted out) and Lydda.

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
OK Dean, I'm finally here! I apologize for my limited involvement up until now, but I've spent all morning getting caught up! [Smile] . As always, I'm blown away by your talents, and you've really outdone yourself. The Tinya on page 2 was simply amazing.

As for the current contestants: vote out Jungle King and Star Boy!

My surprise faves are turning out to be Captain Frake and Color Kid, although I have a serious soft-spot for a Sketch Lad depicted Night Girl!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Again, excellent drawings by Dean.

I don't have time for a detailed analysis today. So stright to my rejects.

Jungle King - because it looked like just another headshot. Where is his background.

Shrinking Violet - Again, just a headshot. (And I never liked the scar.

I really liked Night Girl & Captain Frake. And Leung with the living money was great. Didn't like the nerdy Color Kid, but like the headshot Jungle King less.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Whew! What fun!

Okay, the current standings on who should go....

Women:
Vi 8 votes
Lydda 3
Leung 2
Frake 1

Men:
Jungle King 9 votes
Star Boy 3
Color Kid 2

Attention Cobie,
I'm really glad you're here, but I did not count your votes because I need 1 male and 1 female. You may re-cast your vote, of course. The polls remain open for a while longer. (Though it's looking kinda clear who'll be out.) I have a few other things to do before the next challenge, so we'll wait and see how it goes....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting, it's the sentients with the L* flight rings that are the ones getting their walking papers.
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Going with the consensus, here: nothing out-and-out bad, JK and Vi are the least interesting this round, vote off Jungle King and Vi.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.