Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
BLACK & WHITE BALL, Y'ALL

Tinya. Tinya's not one of my favorites and this dress doesn't really appeal to me. No huge flaw but not a standout either.

Clark. From the neck up, fine. Kinda cute, even. Neck down? Standing in the window at the tuxedo shop in the mall. Eeek!

Captain Frake. Game face on. Bitchen skirt. Excellent use of accessory/weapon. Quite a lot going on style-wise, but that's true to Frake.

Thom. Miami-opolis Vice, B&W style. A bit too casual for a ball; you're cute, Thom, but you should have worn something else.

LYDDA. Pitch-perfect. Love the dress -- and way to work in your symbol. The hair is v. cute, a nod to your famous 'do but with a different flair. Setting sun color accent? Expression, pose...another Sub Supermodel in the making?

Rokk. Eh. Standing in the window of the other tux shop in the mall?

Vi. I don't care for her jacket, but it is her. Stand tall, shoulders straight, chin up, that's Vi too.

Jungle King. Straight-up cheeseball of space.

Jaz. I didn't care for this outfit either, ESPECIALLY the painful-looking waist. Too bad, because Jaz seems comfortable in front of the camera.

Ulu. Yes! I like the movement in the holo. Love the shoes. An "alterna" outfit that, to be honest, we've all seen before, but no one looks like Ulu. Another fine Sub showing.

Leung. Witness the power of the right dress on the right fem. She looks like she's having a great time! I'm not wild about the hair, but if she likes it that's the important thing. (Note to Leung: I've loved your two holos so far, but it would be good to show your eyes next time.)

Rond. He can show up at my door looking like that any time. (Well, any time I'm 15 or older.)

Where is Tizzles? Does JK know?

Best line goes to Marte. You know which one I'm talkin' about.

OUT:

TINYA

ROKK

[ December 01, 2006, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
"Most-successful-image" for Round 1 goes to Night Girl.

Continuing with the ladies: Leung is quite charming; Tinya & Vi: unspectacular, but decent; Captain Frake: she looks awfully stiff, but I like the outfit ... I hate to vote against KQ2, as I consider her quite attractive, but that outfit Just Doesn't Work.

As for the guys:

GAH!! White jacket with black lapels! >shudder< [Shudder]
(I don't dislike the pose, but >sheesh< [Roll Eyes] )
Star Boy: bland outfit, good pose.
Jungle King, Color Kid: strectching the boundaries of the challenge with those outfits, perhaps, but the images just work.
Rond Vidar: he does look like he's hunched forward a bit; something about the turned-up collar, I think. Other than that, I like the outfit.
Rokk: bland outfit, bland pose; ordinarily, this would be the loser, but ...

Voting Off: Kid Quantum 2, Superboy

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Caliente -- I *know* I've seen that icon before. This is going to bug me.

*guesses semi-randomly* Do you have a secret identity on livejournal?

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW, what fun!

I've got to vote out Cosmic Boy because he bores me but if he continues, an entry of him getting slapped by someone might be fun.

Chickwise: Not super-impressed with Vi or Jazmin, but I'm curious as to what the future might hold for them.

Therefore, I'm voting out Leung.

Random comment: Looks like I might have an all-new all-now favorite Jungle King drawing. [Drool]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting KQ2 and Rokk.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Lots of activity! I'll give my comments on each piece after the rejection.

The update on who will be out...

Ladies:
KQ2 8
Leung 3
Tinya 1

Gents:
Star Boy 4
Cos 4
Supes 3
Jungle King 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Captain Frake

Cos

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
*cracks knuckles*

Tinya: Cool, composed and classy. I like the dress, it’s simple, but very stylish, and the bracelet compliments it nicely.

Clark: Not much of a regular Tux wearer, is he? He looks stiff and doesn’t seem to know what to do with his hands.

Frake: First thing that came to my mind was Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook. (Sorry. It must be the hair.) The suit is a bit too much on every front – too ruffly, too stripey, too in-your-face. The space pirate profession isn’t much about being tasteful and understated, though, and with her attitude she actually works that outfit.

Thom: Smooth, but not all that memorable.

Lydda: Totally gorgeous! That dress is really nice, and I also like her hair style – there’s still shades of the beehive in there, but altogether it’s a new, flattering look for her.

Rokk: I honestly have no idea what to make of his expression here. Did he have one cocktail too many? He seems to be happily off in his own world. With the way his arm is positioned, I expect a towel to hang over it, and Rokk making suggestions as to which wine to order with which course. Waiter, check please!

Vi: Wow, she must suffer from back pain if she’s always standing that ramrod-straight. Also reminds me of an action figure missing some points of articulation. Snazzy uniform, though.

Jungle King: The original hunky heartthrob. Looks gorgeous, but a bit underdressed when compared to the others.

Jazmin: Well, she looks …unique, and the butt floss is gone, which is nice. Her internal organs must be squished to mush, though, and that Victorian-dress-biohazard-suit-condom-outfit is just… erm…no.

Colour Kid: A much better kind of unique! He doesn’t seem to go with the stylish-and-classy theme most of the others sport, as well, but he looks so cool that you can’t say anything against that. What a pose! Somehow my eyes keep being glued to the shoes, and is that black nailpolish?

Leung: Ahsocute! Love the hair, the dress, and her sunny smile.

Rond: A bit too much Count Akwardposture, but he has really hypnotic, pretty eyes.

Reject (argh, it pains me to do that, I thought she'd just breeze through the contest) Jazmin and Clark.

Love the backgrounds to the contestants, and the matching outfits on the judges!

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The update on who will be out...

Ladies:
KQ2 9
Leung 3
Tinya 1
Frake 1

Gents:

Cos 5
Star Boy 4
Supes 4
Jungle King 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Alright, Jaz was the clear reject in the women's race, and the boys were much closer, but Cos is out.

There was tremendous turn out for voting, and the comments are icing on the cake. I love it! Thank you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, now that the rejection is done, I can give some behind the scenes info....

First of all, the judges. It seems the bar has been raised! The judges demand a new look every time they are shown! The funny thing was, they were each so concerned about how they looked, they didn't notice that they all looked alike. Then, when it seemed like they might realize it, they were given different looks! I think the hair stylists and make-up artists are just playing a game.

(Hey ya'll...it's ME, Sketch Lad. I'm preventing myself from dying of boredom when I draw and color the judges!)

I really appreciate the comments about the judges because that's my writing, my fanfic. To be honest, I feel like I'm hardly doing any writing. The characters seem to write themselves!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The guys...

Color Kid and Rond were each given do-overs, meaning they each had a different sketch done first, which was rejected and re-done. According to the voting, it seems like that was a good thing.

We don't really know the current Star Boy all that well, really, but I've decided that he's a very casual kind of guy. I bet he's not wearing socks.

I'm having fun drawing the resident himbo, Jungle King. He's totally different than the rest!

Supes and Cos... I feel bad that the guys who went all out and wore tuxes got the most votes for rejection. I feel like it was my lack of skill as an artist that made them look "stiff" or uncomfortable. I wonder what would have happened if I'd drawn ALL the guys in the same tux, and let their faces be what made or broke them...

[ December 03, 2006, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The girls....

Night Girl seemed to get the Best of Show award. I guess she benefitted from getting a re-do also!

I'd expected Vi to do worse! Not that I dislike how she was presented, I do like her military look.

I like Frake and Tinya's ensembles for totally opposite reasons, Tinya's because it's so simple, Frake's because it's so busy! heh! I've wanted to draw Frake like that for a LONG time...

I resisted the urge to draw Leung in a traditional Asian get-up. I'm glad I did. I wanted to depict her like a girl going to her high school prom, hair all curly in an up-do with hangy stuff.... I think she's adorably sweet, too.

I LOVE the way Jazmin looks! I know that waist-piece looks uncomfortable, but it's being exaggerated for the "camera." I just *couldn't* put her in a gown.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

If I was voting, I'd have rejected Vi and Rond!

I'm way off!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Guess what! The next challenge and judging is already pencilled and the dialogue is written! I knew Jaz was out, so I could draw all the girls. I went ahead and guessed that Cos would be out, but if more votes would have changed things, I would have adjusted.

Hints.....
The next challenge is similar but different.

Nope.... I won't even hint at what goes on with the judges!
Stay tuned....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.