Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
There can no longer be doubt that we need an all-shirtless Tenzil thread, if said doubt ever truly existed in the first place, which I really cannot fathom! Leapin' Jeebus!

Gearin' up for the event here....

I predict early exits for Superbore and Cosmic Cad unless Dean really makes them shine. I'll have to drive the fantastc brown-haired image of Jungle King Dean drew a while back out of my mind (see the LSH board) to get used to this raven-haired King, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Chickwise, I'm looking forward to what Dean's "lens" can make of Frake and Tinya. We already know Jazmin is going to work it.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you're here, Lash!

I'm very nearly done with the first challenge! Whew! There sure are a lot of characters in this thing...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, the Black and White Ball is underway! Please name the male and the female who should be REJECTED from this competition!

Thank you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to vote out KQ2-- the head thing just doesn't suit her-- and... Star Boy, who reminds me of John Stewart just a bit too much. His style ought to be his own.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Cosmic Boy (he looks good, I just don't like him much lately) and *aarrgghh!!* Jazmin. She was really unique, but I want to see the others continue more. I would really have preferred to reject two guys and keep all the ladies!

Jungle King GGRRRREAT!!

Loved the way the judges had similar looks! Maybe they're competing with one another? The TOP MODEL judges' interaction is as exciting as the models themselves.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So excellent. Dean, This bunch is great.

Well let's do them in order.

Tinya is looking very hip and sophisticated. Although I wonder if she borrowed this dress from Duo Damsel.

Superboy- who doesn't look good in a tux? Can't help thinking that Clark is looking a little awkward and uncomfortable though.

Captain Frake - She is looking a little stiff here. That could be nerves from her first shot at the glamerous life of a top model. Still her outfit is stunning and fitting.

Isn't Thom the hip cool suave dude that all the ladies like?

Lyddia looks like a fabulous debutante. I can see her out on the dance floor in no time doing the Electric Slide and still looking good.

My name is Krinn, Rokk Krinn. I'd like my martini stirred, not shaken, thank you. Psst Kal-el, see how being comfortable in the clothes you are wearing really makes you look so much better.

Vi - Can she look any more butcher? Very crisp and clean with a military feel. It takes the negative of her scar and makes it a positive.

Jungle King - Phew! is it hot in here or is it just me? I can see why you went for just the vest.

KQ, Are you going out on the town or out to clean up an old nuclear reactor?

Color Kid, Work your bad boy self. Can I get you anything?

Leung, Another debutante dress. Very nice.

Rond, Ah going for the period piece to show your time travel prowess. Nice. If you can get Captain Frake to loosen up a bit, you two would make a nice couple.

Oh now to reject. Superboy. He just looks too awkward in his tux. So let's get him out of here so he can slip back into his overalls.

Kid Quantum. Maybe she can help Brainiac 5 out in his lab. She looks dressed for that.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

(Edited to include Quis' vote...)

Fun! Immediate response!

Thanks for the comments. The way I was thinking... there was a new hair stylist on staff for the judges, and they didn't even think about how the ladies might feel if they all looked alike. Got away with it, though!

I guess Jazmin's "different" look that pleased the judges isn't helping her much in the vote!

Who should be REJECTED? So far....

Ladies:
Kid Quantum 3 votes

Gentlemen:
Star Boy 1 vote
Cosmic Boy 1 vote
Superboy 1 vote

[ December 01, 2006, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
For this challenge, it feels like the shatshots taken of celebrities as they walk down the red carpet onto an event. It's all in the variety of postures and expressions, I suspect.

Hmm. Reject Superboy, who was just so *tense* under the spotlight, and Jazmin, whose outfit was interesting, well-done, and unique... and so painful-looking I had to wince in sympathy.

Tinya looks a bit nervous, but I guess it's to be expected, since her mom is judging. Cos has sort of a Krinn, *Rokk* Krinn thing going on there... but his expression is just too *earnest*. And Rond is lucky he's got such pretty eyes to distract us from his somewhat uncertain pose.

Everyone else seems to be having much fun with the challenge. Leung especially, who I think looks great. Lydda looks so natural, like you've caught her momentarily distracted by a new arrival, and Vi's got a michevious glint in her eyes to offset her militaristic look. Jungle King is so confident! so shirtless! so... *defined*. And Colour Kid doesn't look scruffy, he looks like a J-pop star.

And I loved the judges, as always. Looking forward to see how this plays out [Wink]

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I was thinking the same thing about Rokk, Pizza Delivery Girl. Taken from The Legion--

-

It was only a matter of time. [Wink]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Kid Quantum 4 votes for rejection

Superboy 2
Cosmic Boy 1
Star Boy 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

AlenaCal
Lazy Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlenaCal   Email AlenaCal         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, fabulous drawings! Love the matching hairdos on the judges, but like someone else, it's a good thing they didn't notice. [Wink] I've noticed this in other challenges, I really like how Saturn Girl seems to keep cycling through her various looks (even the animated version).

Nice tan lines on Jungle King! Reeow! I actually think Kid Quantum looks quite sophisticated in her outfit. My votes for rejection will have to go to Leung (not a fan of the hair), and Star Boy.

Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh Tinya, very smooth lines, and the black and white contrast for a woman who stands between two worlds, very interesting! No, wait! Boring!! Off with her kneecaps! (And I disagree with mom, the straight hair totally works.)

Superboy. Meh. He's no Mon-El, that's for sure.

Captain Frake looks mighty uncomfortable in that outfit, but I love it!

Star Boy is looking, um, I’m not sure, is ‘swank’ the appropriate term? Either way, he’s got a Miami Vice bad-boy vibe that works here.

Lydda is smashing. Very retro, just like her big hair. Love it.

Cosmic Boy looks like he’s about to get married, and has no clue what he’s walking into. Poor kid.

Vi’s outfit is very Navy of Space. I like it. Ramrod posture there, too.

If that’s what Jungle King wears to a fancy formal dress party, I’m not sure I want to see what he wears (or, more to the point, what he doesn’t wear) while lounging around the house, or at a wilder sort of party. Oy vey, indeed.

Wow, Kid Quantum has borrowed Kid Psycho’s turban. Interesting look. I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or not, but it’s definitely fresh.

Color Kid takes it away. It’s formal enough, but has personality.

Leung looks like she can’t stop laughing to sit still for her picture. I find that charming. (Although I liked her darker complexion and straighter hair in the last picture better.)

Rond Vidar cleans up nice. We should have more cravattes.

Honorable mention to ME-Lad, who could give Jungle King lessons on how to show some skin without looking cheap.

So who to vote out? Can I pretend Superboy is a girl and vote out him and Jungle King? No? Oh well.

Vote out Jungle King and Kid Quantum.

[ December 01, 2006, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I hate to do it because I so like the idea of him being included, but I vote to reject Star Boy. Neither picture of him did much for me, and he's got a bit of a lazy-eye thing going on that, while it sounds oh, so shallow, just won't do for a Top Model.

The women? I don't want to get rid of any of them. If you pinned me down, though, I'll reluctantly choose Jazmin. She gets extra points for actually covering her rear end, but unfortunately, someone has to go. Like Fat Cramer, I just want to see the others more.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved Frake's outfit, very appropriate for her. Vi's, Tinya's and Rond's also, I really like the way these outfits correspond to the wearer's personalities. That's not quite the case with Color Kid (at least not that I know of), but somehow he really pulled it off. I think he is my favourite male contestant. Jungle King and Leung are OK, but I've seen them look better. I have the same problem with Superboy, Star Boy and Cos that I had during the introductory round: they look booring! Cos is a bit better, but Supes and Star Boy look very stiff and uninteresting. As for Night Girl... meh. I also join the camp of those who really didn't like Jazmin this time around (she looks too intergalactic for my taste), but I won't vote for her, because I'd like for her to stick around, I think she really has great potential. Unfortunately, that means I gotta vote for Leung, the only other female that has got any chance whatsoever of getting the boot...(yeah, right...)

Allright, I vote to reject Leung and Star Boy

[ December 01, 2006, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you all for the comments as well as the votes. I find it all very interesting....

The current standings on who should go:

Ladies:
Kid Quantum II 6 votes
Leung 2 votes

Gentlemen:
Star Boy 4 votes
Superboy 2 votes
Cosmic Boy 1 vote
Jungle King 1 vote

Polls remain WAY open.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.