Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Vi and Starboy, though at this point i think there's a consensus behind the eliminees to be.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Update!

Women:
Vi 10 votes
Lydda 3
Leung 2
Frake 1

Men:
Jungle King 10 votes
Star Boy 4
Color Kid 2

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Even if I wait for Cobie's new vote, I don't think the results will change.

Polls closed!

Thank you all for voting. I will post some Art Director's Notes soon...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Believe it or not, I was able to do almost all of the pencilling and writing for the next challenge!

I thought I'd catch up on my AD's notes....

Fur and Leather Challenge.
First of all, I had intended on the challenge being a "leather straps and bits of fur" challenge. I did a sketch of Tinya dressed that way, then Jungle King. Those were fine, hot even. Then, I did the sketch of Star Boy as it appears and I liked the full coat. Hmm.... Leung in straps and bits. Can't do it. Put her in a collar and jacket. Superboy in straps and bits. Okay, NO! This idea is over! That's when things turned out the way they did.

I would have rejected Frake. I loved the way Vi looked, even with the whimsical fur on her shoulders. I actually wish I would have put Tinya in the giant furry hat and gloves in a leather bikini! I wonder if that would have been better or worse? I thought Lydda looked really pretty.

Jungle King was clearly being Jungle King. I got a kick out of my own idea for Color Kid. I was going for "handsome" if conservative for Rond.

I had a very good time doing the fur and leather challenge.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Note about the ADV309 Challenge later.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I actually wish I would have put Tinya in the giant furry hat and gloves in a leather bikini! I wonder if that would have been better or worse?

I was thinking the right bikini might work with the hat too, even though I thought her dress needed more fabric. It's the balance of skin and adornment, I suppose, where wild proportions can be excellent if they hit right. It's subjective, though.

Speaking of subjective: either way, it's probably a good thing Winema wasn't there for the judging.

Also, let me state for the space-record that I never ever want to see Superboy in anything remotely resembling "straps and bits".

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Isn't it nice to know that I can be merciful after all?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Also, let me state for the space-record that I never ever want to see Superboy in anything remotely resembling "straps and bits".
He's so cornfed and wholesome, it would be major cognitive dissonance to see him all S&M'd up.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops, don't worry Dean, next time I will vote the right way!

And Superboy in straps and bits? *tee hee*

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and wait'll Lash sees this!

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
 -

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Sometimes I'm not as merciful!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Funny you should mention that.

Sentients, look at Saturn Girl in her new statement. The hair, the outfit: serious early Adventure going on there. You know what that means.

And you'll note what Tenz is wearing in the very next holo.

[ December 07, 2006, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
SOUNDTRACK - Ooooh for the Rockstar challenge you should tell us what song should be playing in the background of each photo!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Girl's hair makes her look very much like Saturn Queen... I like it, gives her a sinister air.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
But if Tenzil is...

What is *Jungle King* wearing!? Loser leaves the loincloth?

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.