Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Notes about the ADV309 challenge....

Some of you were part Titanian! I was, indeed going to push the envelope as far as I could with Jungle King during that round; I was going to do a not-so-tasteful nude picture of him, but still covered up. Instead, I went the other way and did the face shot. Got him rejected. I wonder what would have happened if I'd done the other? We'll never know.

For Vi, I could have continued her tough act, but chose instead to show her softer side. Got her rejected. I guess it doesn't work to change them up halfway through the competition!

I love Color Kid's pinup! I tried several different shoes and socks on him and settled on the penny loafers. I wouldn't change a thing about his picture! I love it and I think it fits right in with the others of him in this competition.

I think Leung looks cute but kind of dull. However, the living money does add the charm and her styling makes it very 30th century, maybe even 31st century. I ended up liking this more after it was posted than before!

Star Boy and the Borlat just happened. I don't even think I was in control of the process. I love that and I like the results. I was thinking "circus of the stars" as I drew it.

I thought Frake was the perfect candidate to handle the Comet-Jewels! I agree with the person who said that the picture worked because of all the elements going on, but I think she looked really pretty while wearing that thing on her ear! I mean, many other models would have lost it!

Yes, Rond took on the shirtless role... I liked his picture and the colors, but when I ramped up the exposure, I liked it even more.

I wasn't sure how to style Lydda for her shot, except that I wanted more of her hair down. I just did the pants and boots with crop top. Then, I needed a color scheme that would work with the earthen rocky cave. I was fairly happy, but became more happy when I added the shadows falling over half of her.

I agreed that Vi should go, but I thought Star Boy would go in that round. I guess his Borlat scene saved him!

As for the judges, I'm pleased to wrap up the Empress controlling Saturn Girl's feelings for Lester sub-plot. I agree that the judges should probably *judge* more. Hence, Imra's statement.

[ December 08, 2006, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Some of you were part Titanian! I was, indeed going to push the envelope as far as I could with Jungle King during that round; I was going to do a not-so-tasteful nude picture of him, but still covered up. Instead, I went the other way and did the face shot. Got him rejected. I wonder what would have happened if I'd done the other? We'll never know.

There's nothing saying you can't draw the picture anyway for all us new JK fans. [Wink]

By the time I was able to see the pics and vote, it was too late to save him, and I liked all the girls, so I abstained.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, time to name the male rockstar and the female rockstar you want to REJECT! That means the remaining two from each group moves on to the finale!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but my favourite this round was Color Kid. Magnificent. Frake, Star Boy and Leung are also very good. Night Girl is easy to reject, she is really not doing it for me. And I guess I have to vote for Rond, although I really don't want to. But CK and Star Boy are just better.

So, reject Rond and Lydda

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
LOVE Captain Frake!

I'd pick Star Boy and Night Girl to go. They just didn't do as much for me as the others.

Great job Sketch Lad!

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. I'm honestly a bit traumatized by Color Kid. I hate to say it but this time my vote falls to him. The girl to go this time is going another that I usually love-- Leung. I just didn't feel it from her.

I have to give mad props for the Hendrix vibe from Thom and the Elvis vibe from Rond. Spot on, Dean. What an awesome challenge. I love it!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and another thing...what's with the Saturn medallions on everyone? What's Imra up to?

And why is Kono in every audience? My twitching nose smells a mystery...

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah hah, I knew it.

Is Imra trying to get everyone tossed?

Or does Lydda need to organize some search parties for those caves?

Either way...SOMEONE DIES!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I think my vote is influenced more by the musical era they represent than anything else, but I'm voting out Frake and Color Kid.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
...but until someone does, here's my holo commentary.

KINGS/QUEENS LADS/LASSES GIRLS/BOYS OF ROCK.

Rond. He finally gets some feedback from the judges. The dancing I do not get, but the lasses seem to like it. Rond gives good face, as usual. Okay, but all his others have been stronger.

Thom. Some weird proportions going on here, but I guess that's okay if you're getting Jimi-fied. Thom likes that pose, doesn't he? It's pretty much the same as last time. I like the spotlight effect. Say, doesn't that front Dominator dude have a Beavis & Butthead thing going on?

Captain Frake. When I saw this I thought oh, there's Tinya. Oops. Can a person sing and do that with her tongue?

Leung. Okay, I'm torn because her audience is clearly having the best time (and of COURSE the Sklarans luv Madonna). But I HATE the color combination. (Does Kono's shirt say Like a Virgin ?)

Lydda. Well, I like the lighting and ghostly effect of her dress. I think I would have preferred a grunge Lydda too.

Ulu. By now we know the Color Kid's gonna show us something different. Eeeeeven in showing us a certain costume we all know and remember (whether we want to or not). The Durlans are super-cute.

*Is Kono visible in every shot (except one) to hint that everyone's been partaking of fermented juice?

OUT:

THOM

and

LEUNG

PS. If he'd been a contestant, Tenz would have won.

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's time for Rond to go, and take Lydda with him.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for all the votes!

Who should go?

Sopranos:
Lydda 3 votes
Leung 2
Frake 1

Tenors:
Rond 2
Star Boy 2
Color Kid 2

Polls remain open....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Everyone's playing "Where's Kono?" right? She IS in every pinup. That was just a little something that happened spontaneously.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Star Boy and Lydda.

That Color Kid! Dare to be different. And Nura looks fantastic in black. Imra unhinged? Is she the new crazy Brainy? Or is this another medallion plot?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh Rond, the time traveller takes on the timeless. How I must despise thee.

Star Boy, that outfit does nothing for you. Sorry man.

Captain Frake as Cher, and she even picked an appropriate song! Perfect! Well, mostly perfect, the tongue action is a bit disconcerting… Is she channeling a little Gene Simmons there? (Oh, Star Boy as Space Ace Frehley of KISS, how perfect would that be?)

Leung is too cute, although she looks a little more Cyndi Lauper than early Madonna in attitude, which is even cuter!

Love how the judges hairstyles reflect the times / artist in question, with the Leung-critique done by three different generations of Madonna’s hair.

Mmm, Night Girl, I have no idea what song you are singing. Looks Celine Dion-ish, from the outfit, which explains my lack of insight. Very torch-singer-y, less ‘90s and more roaring ‘20s. Which works for me, ‘cause of the hair.

Color Kid is a riot, in Cosmic Boy’s costume no less. Sometimes he hits, sometimes he misses, but this time, for me anyway, it’s a hit! Heh, the Empress thinks he’s a girl…

I’d love to pick two guys to kick out, but if I must, I’ll ditch Night Girl (I love her, but I liked Leung and Captain Frakes even more this round) and, um, flip a coin, Star Boy, I guess.

And I agree with whomever said that Matter-Eater Lad would have been the winner if he was participating with his Jim Morrison / Doors look.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.