Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: Children of the Legion Collection (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: Children of the Legion Collection
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
This is Rose Red (after a fairytale character,) baby daughter of Mystelor and Chlorophyll Kid. She displays plant telepathy and extreme plant growth powers at a VERY early age -

-
posted by irenkesabo

[ April 06, 2010, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Astral (Jema Nal of Naltor)

Powers - Hexes and curses that quite often seem to have gravitational effects (causing attacks to fall short, foes to fall over, etc.). Precognition, which usually must be focused through astrological / mystical methods of divination.

History;
The daughter of Thom Kallor of Xanthu and Nura Nal of Naltor, Jema Nal followed in the steps of her aunt Mysa, training first on Sorcerer’s World, and later on Orando (when relations with the Sorcerer’s World grew chilly). She returned to Earth in time to see the Legion Headquarters, and her estranged parents, vanish for all time, and then sat cross-legged in the plaza until Brainiac 5 arrived, at which point, she had arranged a medical team to be standing by, as she had foreseen his return.

She aided Brainiac Six and Electrode in gathering together the arriving children of the lost Legionnaires, assisted by her previous friendship with Shen Voxv, and engaging Lamn Mallor in persuasive philosophical arguments about the importance of maintaining their parent’s legacy.

Jema spent years in training on Sorcerer’s World, and some note that her training seems to have taken longer than she has been alive, as if the wizards of that world warped time itself, to force more training into their recruits! On Orando, her training was far more physical, with the Seers of Orando sending her into the wild, to discover the secret magics of wind and herb, of blood and soil, a far cry from the more esoteric dream-like education in the mystic arts she had received under her aunt’s supervision. It was Mysa who came to Naltor when her sister’s child began to exhibit unusual talents, and Nura was persuaded that only on the Sorcerer’s Word could she be trained to unlock these gifts, without bringing harm to herself or those around her, as gravitational forces warped in her presence, and those who upset her found themselves falling to the ground, while items that barred her path were occasionally crushed beneath a seemingly unending force…

True enough, on Sorcerer’s World, and later, on Orando, she learned to refine her gifts, in the practice of magic. She manipulates gravity, like her father, but learned to do so through the mechanism of spells and incantations, only through years of rote and practice developing the ability to manipulate mass with a simple thought. They had to un-teach her how to unconsciously inflict her whims on the world around her, before they could re-teach her how to just as effortlessly bend these colossal forces to her deliberate will.

The study of sorcery has greatly modified her expression of power, such that she is able to create warping fields of gravity around someone, to afflict them over a time, in some cases, over days! She can create different fields that ward away incoming attacks, shielding her, or those she ‘blesses,’ from hostile action! And in the ways of true sorcery, she has learned some rituals to empower herself and others with some basic wards against ill fortune, which her allies don’t really notice, due to their subtlety, but are effective nonetheless.

Jema is a stunningly beautiful young woman, surprisingly young of body, and yet old of soul, and alternately is unnaturally mature and insightful, and at times as whimsical as a dancing wind. She tends to dress in all-concealing robes of grey, with a hood pulled over her magnificent mane of silvery hair, and her sparkling blue eyes similarly concealed in shadows. The robe is cut strangely, in overlapping angles of cloth, and is designed for economy of motion, and the obscuring of action. Within these robes, she can make gestures unseen by others, and yet leap as nimbly as a woman in a skin-tight bodysuit. Underneath her all-concealing robes, she wears an armored bodysuit, an insistence of her Orandan trainers, who drilled into her head that ‘fortune favors the prepared’ and that ‘a blade through the heart silences all spells.’ Indoors, she will let her hood down, and she has been known to weave fantastic stories, and spin men around her little finger, and then leave them hanging, eternally amused by how ‘boys will be boys.’

It is only recently that she has found a ‘boy’ to her liking, an infinitely complex young man whose future is a bewildering swirl of possibilities that alternately captivates and somewhat frightens her. Still, she keeps secrets close and prizes the mysteries in life more than anything else, and so few, if any, of her team-mates have any knowledge of her newest secret.

While Jema is quite aware of the gravitational underpinnings of her abilities, she prefers to dress them up in terms like ‘curses’ and ‘blessings’ and ‘wards,’ as a result of her training. She is particularly fascinated with the concept of the astrological signs and their affects on the living world, as her powers do indeed come from the stars, and she is indeed able to make ‘their will’ manifest upon those who displease her. Unlike her whimsical mother, Jema can be painfully studious, and spends an hour in meditation each day, exploring future possibilities as related to the use of her powers.

Jema with her hood down and weaving some of those stories -

-
posted by irenkesabo

[ April 06, 2010, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
THE DREAM CHILDREN
In a possibly controversial move, Nura Nal, High Seer of Naltor, enabled herself to become pregneant by the men of her choosing. She foresaw having five children, all with different fathers.
Third born, Mora Morgna, daughter of Dirk Morgna. Mora is a stunning looking girl with long curly strawberry blonde hair with platinum highlights. She is (unsurprisingly) extremely precocious. Mora is able to radiate heat from within her body, but not able to blast it out in a flare like her father. She is able to foresee the actions of sentients near her, but has so far not shown any other more general precognative skills. However, what she can do helps her a lot, because she gets a lot of attention from other sentients, especially boys! She calls herself Flare. Mora is actually a very sweet girl, but always on the lookout for something fun and exciting to do. Her parents lavish unreasonable amounts of affection and material goods upon her. She splits her time between Naltor and Earth.

I love this look for Mora:

http://gi105.photobucket.com/groups/m228/CV1ARFWWH1/wwwtvnhu_399149a8677d812d7fb058c-1.gif
posted by irenkesabo

[ April 06, 2010, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
THE DREAM CHILDREN

In a possibly controversial move, Nura Nal, High Seer of Naltor, enabled herself to become pregneant by the men of her choosing. She foresaw having five children, all with different fathers.

. . .
Fourth born, Londa Londo, daughter of Brin Londo. Londa inherited the perfect combination of her parents' powers. She's able to predict the actions of her adversaries, and is able to physically react, with meta-acrobatic skill. Londa's hair is dark and straight, like her father's, but she has one twirling platinum strand right on the top of her head. Londa rarely sees her father, and longs for time with him. Her mother seems to try to compensate by being a tad overprotective.

Here's a version of a young Londa that I found and changed just a little with the white lock of hair.

-
posted by gizellalapu, but didn't have any animation

[ April 20, 2010, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
THE DREAM CHILDREN

Fifth born, Tia Stewart, daughter of Troy Stewart. Tia has not shown any precognative ability, but has shown the "Tyroc" skill of her father's culture on Marzal. However, Nura has insisted that Tia culitvate her skills into more beautiful melodies. Hence, Tia is able to sing out and create amazing affects. She calls herself "Siren." Tia looks exactly like her mother, except she has caramel toned skin and golden brown hair. Her eyes are an amazing amber color. Nura sadly relented to Troy and allowed Tia to live with him full time. Tia loves Marzal so much that she was sad whenever she was on Naltor. However, she loves her mother and sends her holo-recordings of herself singing. Nura now uses those songs to send her to sleep, and her aides note that Nura is able to sleep more deeply and dream more productively with her young daughter's aid.

Here's one imagining of Tia.
The skin is caramel, the eyes are golden and the hair is brown (NOT golden brown, though).
She's definitely beautiful, I think.

-
Laura of ANTM, by Tyra

[ April 07, 2010, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
ShadyCandle! Thank you for casting those roles! Beautiful! I kinda forgot about my legion of Dream Kids.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I love the idea of children in an enlarged family setting.
I've thought about Tasmia in a similar way since she has the champion line to continue.
I stopped because the reboot got to a point where the ancestors told her that she was the last of the line.

Now that we're in the retroboot, I may just renew the idea.

Anyway, I had a couple of different Tias and then decided that they weren't close enough to your description.
I'll keep looking.
[Smile]

I want to do the boys, too, but you wouldn't believe how rare they are!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Star Boy:
[Smile]
I give you... MULTIBALL!!!
 -

Here's a Multiball II:

-
photo posted by PrayciousAnjel

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Somewhere, there's a reality where Queen Jeckie and Prince Consort Val Armorr have a little Princess, perhaps named Valinen.
A beautiful child who sleeps and dreams dreams of magic. And her dreams become reality and watch over her nights.

Valinen's illustions become real, while she sleeps.
So, she is watched over by her father and her mother and all who have power in that realm, also, just in case, the nightmares come.

-
posted by skipper_521

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is a fun idea.
I can see the two on Medicus One with her mom, Kent Shakespeare and Ivy.

-
original photo posted by karenelf

[ May 16, 2010, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
quote:
Originally posted by Star Boy:
[Smile]
I give you... MULTIBALL!!!
 -

Here's a Multiball II:

-
photo posted by PrayciousAnjel

Multiball! Multiball! MULTIBALLLLLLL!

Futurama joke.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Random other Legion children, based off of otherworldly pairings;

Imra / Jo - a son able to channel his psychic energies into either physical / telekinetic manifestations (appearing as flight, great strength and resistance to injury) or telepathic abilities. Vaguely reminiscent of the latest incarnation of Emma Frost, in that he can be a powerhouse *or* a telepath, as the circumstances demand.

Ayla / Dirk - able to transform matter into energetic plasma, and has a limited ability to shape / control it, allowing her to form a blazing explosive sheath of plasma around herself to fly, by transmuting the air around her body into a fiery aura. Needs matter to transform, and the denser the matter, the more powerful the energy discharges, so she carries inertron 'marbles' that she can throw and remotely transform / detonate.

Shady / Jo - daughter can call upon greenish energy force that is so dark as to be almost black in color, in the form of a massive dragon around herself, either in part (as a clawed 'gauntlet' to tear open a door) or in whole (as a larger-than-human figure that surrounds her like a battlesuit, or the 'psionic exoskeleton' of a character like Unuscione). In this form, attacks must blast through the force field to damage her, and the energy construct has great strength, and wings allowing it to fly. It is susceptible to being disrupted by certain frequencies of light, however, and is not indestructible to heat.

Brin / Projectra - superior martial artist, but mostly skilled in the use of medieval style weaponry (usually augmented by concealed high tech equipment, such as a huntsman's spear that can conduct an electrical blast). Slightly stronger, faster, tougher, etc. than human, but true super-power is the ability to call forth a pack of 'hunting hounds' that are part illusion, part real, composed of psychic energy that can inflict real harm, although the majority of their effect fades after a time, being psychic trauma and not actual physical injury. Finishes off foes dragged down by the spectral 'hounds' with the shock-spear or other medieval looking high-tech items.

Brin / Tinya - skilled combatant with a ghostly soul-self that can part from her body in the form of a larger-than-normal white wolf. The wolf's attacks tear through any armor (and the wolf itself can phase), and it is superhumanly powerful. She is also superhumanly strong, and, contrary to what foes might suspect, grows stronger when the wolf is out, as her own strength is required to contain the 'savage soul.'

Gim / Violet - able to shift own density and mass, but not height or size, becoming as tough as inertron, or almost massless and intangible. Not nearly as visually exciting as the powers of either parent, this character functions more like Marvel's Vision, becoming super-tough or ghostly, as the circumstances warrant.

Ayla / Violet - twins, one positively charged, one negatively charged, each with electromagnetic powers, but able to join hands and release an incredibly destructive blast (like something Wildfire would do!) that leaves both unharmed, but temporarily drained of power. Both have limited shrinking powers as well, but only to the size of dolls or small birds, not to microscopic sizes.

Kal / Trips - not-quite kryptonian power when in combined form, can split into three. Red has super-speed, Gold has super-strength and invulnerability, Blue can fly, has super-senses and heat vision. All have keener than human senses (although blue has the X-Ray / Telescopic / etc. stuff), faster than human reaction speeds (although red has the flash-like speed) and are stronger and tougher than normal (although gold is the one with *super* strength and invulnerability). Each of the three is better at their respective powers than the combined form, meaning that Gold is stronger than they are combined, Red is faster, etc.

Blok / Mysa - earth-manipulating powers, like Elysion. As Mysa's appearance is normally human (well, Naltorian), her child might also appear human, with little visual hint of a half-Dryad nature.

Condo / Lyle - able to generate chemical compounds within own body, and sweat them out (or spit them out, or bleed them out, or exhale them into the air). Most complicated compound is the invisibility serum, but can also produce endless varieties of adhesives, corrosives, medicines, stimulants, drugs, poisons, liquid explosives, sedatives, antitoxins, incendiaries, etc., etc.

Due to the many variations, and Jo, Brin and Violet having multiple options, I'd go with Shady / Jo over Imra / Jo, Projectra / Brin over Tinya / Brin and Ayla / Violet over the other Violet options.

[ May 15, 2010, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

My favorites are Kal/Trips, Shady/Jo and Ayla/Dirk.

They're all fun ideas, though.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Shady / Jo - daughter can call upon greenish energy force that is so dark as to be almost black in color, in the form of a massive dragon around herself, either in part (as a clawed 'gauntlet' to tear open a door) or in whole (as a larger-than-human figure that surrounds her like a battlesuit, or the 'psionic exoskeleton' of a character like Unuscione). In this form, attacks must blast through the force field to damage her, and the energy construct has great strength, and wings allowing it to fly. It is susceptible to being disrupted by certain frequencies of light, however, and is not indestructible to heat.

There's a story, at least a trilogy, somewhat like this.
The firest book is called Dragon Shadow, I think, and it's by Diane Duane, I think.

The shadow eventually becomes it's own real dragon. It's quite the set of stories.

So, I REALLY love your idea here.
The exoskelton part isn't in the books and is a great idea on it's own.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
The shadow eventually becomes it's own real dragon. It's quite the set of stories.

So, I REALLY love your idea here.
The exoskelton part isn't in the books and is a great idea on it's own.

Diane Duane rocks, love her Star Trek novels (which, yes, are mind-candy, but hey, I grew up reading Westerns, so I'm good with mind-candy).

Having the 'dragon shadow' be some sort of symbiotic creature, less like Raven's 'soul-self' and more like an embryonic entity from deep within the planet that can only gestate within a human(ish) host, could be neat. As she develops in power, the dragon within her continues to grow as well, becoming stronger, and more mature, until it finally bursts from her as it's own living entity. At this point, she no longer contains it, but is linked to it, and retains some fraction of it's power, as a leftover remnant of having served as it's 'cradle' for such a long time.

Neato!

Upon re-reading Ayla/Dirk, she's a funny sort of combination of Cannonball and Boomboom...

That was totally unintentional.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.