Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: Children of the Legion Collection (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: Children of the Legion Collection
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the daughter of Tasmia and Jo, as created by Set and now, envisioned by me (and whoever the original artist is.)
Her name is Joy Arisea Mallor and her codename is Shadow Wing:

-
This very beautiful work was orginally posted by irenkesabo, who is probably not the artist.

This is just a little tiny bit over the 150 mark, so I think it'll be okay.
k?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I worked on this photo awhile ago, deepening sweater and background colors.
The poster part I just did.

This seems like an appropriate time for the boys since their mom is looking for them in the new Legion book by Levitz and Cinar.

-
original photo posted by Zman4386

[ May 21, 2010, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's their mom when she was just slightly older:

- original photo posted by deirdre2

Also worked in 'fresco', like the boys.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Beauty's an hereditary trait, isn't it?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yes.
Although it DOES depend on how the genes break apart into the egg and sperm and then, how they combine in the fertalization process.

Sometimes the Brad/Angelina magic combines spectacularly and sometimes the kid gets Voight's looks mixed with great aunt Pittal.
[shrug]

There's always surgery and make-up, too!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah but stand under a light for too long and you start to look like cheesecake.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Jigsaw – Fiona Belkin
Daughter of Floyd Belkin of Lallor (Arm-Fall-Off Boy / Splitter) and Konk of Xanthu.
Has the ability to split off her arms, legs, and head from her torso. Also personal levitation.

Hex, the Six-Headed Hero – Ffolkes & Aadam Retzun
The son of Dyvud (or possibly Frenk) Retzun of Janus (Double-Header) and the Batch SW6 Lluornu Durgo of Carggg (Triad).
A double-headed teen with the ability to split into three: with a total of six separate personalities.

And presenting the 3rd Generation:
The son of Fiona and Ffolkes (or possibly Aadam):

the Weirdo Legionnaire
(Belkin Retzun)
Three torsos, six heads, six arms, six legs, able to mix and match in any arrangement.
Thousands of possible combinations! Head growing out of a wall! His arm growing out of your shoulder!

He wears a costume similar to the one originally created by Proty in the battle against Computo, although he has arms instead of tentacles, and wrap-around sunglasses instead of a mask.

I'll say it for you. Wow. The return of the Weirdo Legionnaire.

[ May 29, 2010, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Klar Ken T5477 ]

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

LASH is gonna love those, Klar!
Very inventive.

Let's see.

1. Drura (Infectious Lass) and Pete (Porcupine Pete)
have a son: Rubert - codename - Blow Gun.
Powers - poisoned darts (various organics) that he shoots at extremely high volocity from his mouth and/or fingernails. He also can inject antidotes introveniously using certain hairs on his ears which are connected by extendable veins to the mutated lymph glands in his neck.

2. Rupert marries Ednal, daughter of Eyeful Ethyl and Matter Eater Lad.
Her codename is Seater.
Powers - she can eat anything she sees, and she sees EVERYTHING!

3. They have a daughter: Risa Ann, codename - Marksmaid.
Powers - like her father and grandmother, she creates diseases and poisons, with their cures, as needed. Her body creates small arrows upon mental command which she picks and shoots from either of her hands, which have webbing between the fingers that can be pulled back and anchored on bones spurs on either elbow, then released.
The speed is aided by a limited telekinesis and the arrows can travel like rifle shot, for miles.
Her mother's ability to see everything is translated in Risa as the ability to ALWAYS hit her target, still or moving at any speed.

4. Fourth generation -
Marksmaid and the Weirdo Legionnaire have a son and daughter and son and daughter and son and daughter.
Their names are Aadam, Bea, Cohen, Dyvuda, Eden and Fiona.
Codenamed - Legion.
Powers - they are actually one person with each of the two sexes splitting into 3 bodies, like their Carggite grandmother.
They would have normally been twins with Lu's powers but their father's stange genes somehow resulted in the twins being combined into one person with six bodies and six personalities.
They cannot remain apart for more than 6 hours and while the multiples are definitely male or female, the primary is androgenous, having NO male or female characteristics.
Again, all of the personalities are active in the one but only a combined personality is able to control the body and speak.
Otherwise, the primary acts and looks 'normally'.

His/her bite is poisonous/infectious or can be a cure/antidote.
When split apart, the girl's hair is darts and fireable like Porcupine Pete's quills and the boy's fingers shoot sharp fingernails.
Both forms carry contagin or poison at high speed and total accuracy.

That was fun!
And hard!
But FUN!

Do some more?

[ May 23, 2010, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Klar Ken T5477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Validus
Garridan Ranzz
Son of Garth Ranzz (Lightning Lad) and Imra Ardeen (Saturn Girl)
Mostly human (Amartan) appearance. Enhanced strength and toughness. Each time he uses his devastating mental lightning bolts, a metabolic change is triggered which leaves him slightly stronger, slightly taller, slightly tougher, slightly more massive, and reduces his IQ by a fraction of a point, bringing him that much closer to the day when he will become a fearsome monster. In his mid-twenties, his receding hairline and somewhat sunken eyes are the beginning evidences of the ultimate transformation that awaits him.

Star Sapphire
Lauren Gand
Daughter of Rond Vidar and Laurel Gand
Possibly the greatest Star Sapphire ever recruited by the Zamorans, she also has half-Daxamite powers.

3rd Generation:
Lady Lavendar
Loretta Gand
Daughter of Garridan Ranzz and Lauren Gand
Violet-haired and violet-eyed humanoid.
Full Daxamite power set. Invulnerable to lead. Telepathy. Telekinesis. Psychic blast. Lightning control. Special hypnotic / telepathic ability allows her to broadcast a psychic field which causes everyone to love her.
She is ultimately destined to become one of the Galaxy’s most successful tyrants, with an empire of dozens of worlds, including Daxam, within her thrall. Ultimately a woman of almost inconceivable power and influence, the two Emerald Empresses of her generation, as well as her aged, now-monstrous father, and the resurrected Pulsar Stargrave, are counted among her happy, adoring and willing servants.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Random other child of Chuck and Lu;

Trinity - has only one body, unlike a full-blooded Carggite, but can cause her mass to triple, gaining three times the strength, toughness *and* intelligence of a woman of her size and build. She's normally tall for her her age, taller than either of her parents, actually, and powerfully built, but when she triples her mass, she shoots up to well over seven feet tall, and, when mature, will top out just shy of nine feet tall. She doesn't become bulkier and slower, despite this mass increase, but actually becomes even faster and more graceful, to the surprise of foes who expect her to slow down.

Combined with her size, strength and speed, her tripled mental abilities make her a surprisingly effective superhero, and not merely in combat situations.

If she has a drawback, it's that her triplicate nature has made her more independent than her siblings, and she is prone to stand aloof from others. When others work together to accomplish a task, she has grown perhaps too accustomed to being able to just make herself strong enough, or smart enough, to handle a task on her own, and she's not terribly comfortable asking for help, or admitting that she can't 'do it all.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
And how about potential children of Subs, Lallorians, Amazers, Wanderers and / or Academy recruits?

The daughter of Evolvo Lad and Life Lass, of the Heroes of Lallor, is a one-woman 'flight ring' for her team, as she can 'evolve' others, granting them limited telepathic and telekinetic abilities (allowing them communications and self-flight). She can also devolve allies (or enemies), turning humanoids into physically powerful but mentally suggestible ape-like brutes, that she finds easy to manipulate with her own mental talents.

Beast Boy and Gas Girls son is an albino, and while he lacks the range of ability to transform into any sort of gaseous compound or animal form, only having a single gaseous form and a few animal forms, he also can cause similar animal forms to coalesce from ambient gases, creating 'wolves' and 'bats' to send at his enemies, that dissipate into harmless smoke when he dismisses them. He could be mistaken for some sort of mythological vampire, due to his combination of powers from his mother and father, and his albinism, but there's nothing supernatural about his traits.

The daughter of Psyche and Ornitho, of the Wanderers can form a psionic field in the shape of a large bright green and dark blue bird (somewhat resembling a south american Quetzal bird, with different colors) that affords her some degree of telekinetic protection and strength. Additionally, she can unleash psychic blasts that also resemble avian forms, and even remain active, harrying and barraging her targets, attacking again and again with disruptive psionic assaults as they 'fly around' the target. Her avian manifestation completly surrounds her body, and can increase to sufficient size and potency to allow her to carry people aloft in it's energy talons.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

These are so good, guys!
I love them all!

K

Codename: Zeus
Graym Ranzz, son of Garth Ranzz and Imra Ardeen.
His powers include lightning and psychic bolts that he hurles from his head and hands.
These bolts degree of power is controled by Graym mentally and emotionally, which means that they're not always under complete control.
But when they ARE under control they can be as gentle as the flow of electrical light through a computer or as beautiful as lightning bugs in a forest at night.
He can knock out a crowd with his psionic bolts or lightly lull a baby to sleep.

He's very beautiful, blonde like his mother, but all robust, cantankerous male, like his father.
This is a blessing and a curse.

Women love him but he's hard to control, as he has a short fuse and too much power to back it.

Codename: Shadow Wing
Joy Arisa Mallor, Daughter ot Tasmia Mallor and Jo Nah.
She is her mother's Shadow Champion heir and Shadow Realm nexus, with her ancestress' (Lyddea Darkstar) Coluan Tyrants given shadow enegy powers.
These manifest as (written by Set on page 3):
Shady / Jo - daughter can call upon greenish energy force that is so dark as to be almost black in color, in the form of a massive dragon around herself, either in part (as a clawed 'gauntlet' to tear open a door) or in whole (as a larger-than-human figure that surrounds her like a battlesuit, or the 'psionic exoskeleton' of a character like Unuscione). In this form, attacks must blast through the force field to damage her, and the energy construct has great strength, and wings allowing it to fly. It is susceptible to being disrupted by certain frequencies of light, however, and is not indestructible to heat.
Having the 'dragon shadow' be some sort of symbiotic creature, less like Raven's 'soul-self' and more like an embryonic entity from deep within the planet that can only gestate within a human(ish) host, could be neat. As she develops in power, the dragon within her continues to grow as well, becoming stronger, and more mature, until it finally bursts from her as it's own living entity. At this point, she no longer contains it, but is linked to it, and retains some fraction of it's power, as a leftover remnant of having served as it's 'cradle' for such a long time.

Her Shadow Dragon's name is Black Jade.

Codename: Lord Twilight
Joy and Graym form an alliance and have a son named Grevedan.
Grev is absolute ruler of the Shadow Realm, nexus of that dimension, he also has total control of all light and gravitational fluctuations (inherited from his great aunt, Ayla.)

Grev has a humanoid form but easily flows into a dragon form, as well, which he really prefers.
He has the psychic abilities of his grandmother Imra, which manifests in many forms, most strikingly as bolts of emotion.

He and Lady Lavendar form the reigning monarchy of their galactic empires.

[ May 28, 2010, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Set, I love how so many of your characters form animal type avatars.
They remind me a lot of Andre Norton books/characters.
Her's were usually naturally occuring animals who formed alliances with animals either through mutant/psychic powers or through magic!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Klar Ken T5477

Unless I am mistaken, the 5YL continuity no longer exists in the 52verse.
Nevertheless, here is the Legion of 3015, twenty years after Five Years Later.

1. Validus
Garridan Ranzz
Human in appearance. Great strength, toughness. When he uses his devastating mental lightning bolts, he triggers a metabolic reaction in his body making him grow somewhat larget, somewhat stronger, somewhat tougher, and loses a fraction of an IQ point, and one step closer to becoming a mindless monstrosity.

2. Veritas
Graym Ranzz (?)
When Graym contracted Sigelian Brain Fever, Brainiac 5 replaced his brain with an electronic simalcrum, and placed the organic brain in suspended animation, awaiting a cure. Possessing a 10th-level intelligence and computer-like computational skills, Graym served for two years as an active Legionnaire, until a cure was found and his original organic brain was restored to his body. The electronic brain, still impressed with Graym's personality and memories, was transferred to a blue-skinned, "probe" clone body. This is the entity still known as Veritas, who is completely at ease with the existential questions raised by the existence of another "Graym" mind. The original Graym is an ordinary Amartan, now the Chief Operating Officer of Lightning Ring Farms. He doesn't like to think about existentialism. It makes his head hurt.

3. Star Sapphire
Lauren Gand
Daughter of Rond Vidar and Laurel Gand
A half-Daxamite with Star Sapphire powers, her uniform is more violet than magenta.

4. Gemini
Dacey and Dorrit Ranzz
Daughters of Garth Ranzz (Lightning Lad) and Imra Ardeen (Saturn Girl)
Individually fairly weak telepaths, their combined abilities increase exponentially to exceed even their mother's, making them the greatest telepaths of their generation. Their powers include psychic link, mind-reading, thought-casting, telekinesis, psychic blast.

5. Magnet Boy
Pol Krinn II
Son of Rokk Krinn (Cosmic Boy) and Lydda Jath (Night Girl)
His magnetic powers are less than his father's at their peak, but still impressive. He also (incidentally) shares with the mother the native Kathoonian ability of seeing in pitch darkness. He wisely eschews his grandfather's super-serum, and its unpredictable effects.

6. Ivy
of Rimbor
Ultra Boy's ward of mysterious origins, she has the ability to telepathically communicate with plants.

7. Chip
Parthenogenic offspring of Blok, "hatching" from his corpse on Shanghalla. A rock-like humanoid in appearance, Chip stand just one meter tall (but is still growing), and exhibits prodigious strength, invulnerability, rock telepathy (and resistance to organic telepathy) and the ability to increase his inertial mass at will. He can also absorb and metabolize most forms of energy directly, ultimately adding to his size and mass. He also retains certain hazy remnants of Blok's memories, and has a similar personality.

8. the Wolf Princess
Princess Lycan of Orando
Daughter of Queen Projectra of Orando and Brin Londo (Timber Wolf)
When Val Armorr left his stake in the Voxv holdings to Brin Londo, it created positive legal ramifications for Orando, as there was a legal stakeholder of the extra-dimensional planet still within the U.P. However, it became necessary to create an heir who would have complete control over the royal holdings. Raised on Orando during Brin's "Furball" phase, well-trained, dedicated to the Monarchy, and accepting of her future duties and responsibilities, she sees the Legion as one more step in her schooling. She is a magical at-will werewolf herself (strength, invunlnerability, weakness to silver). She also has the ability to summon (materialize) and command her "pets" - the Wolfguard of Orando, her own specially trained wolves, each standing a meter-and-a-half at the shoulder. She has been known to ride one into battle.

9. Atom Girl
Violet Ranzz
Daughter in vitro of Salu Digby (Shrinking Violet) and Ayla Ranzz (Lightning Lass)
Like the 21st-century Atom, she has the ability to decrease her size and mass independantly, and is an olympic-class gymnast.

10. Power Boy
Umbrial An'Nan
Son of Kent Shakespeare and Brita An'Nan
Has the ability to absorb hyper-bio-energy and transmit it to another individual. Effectively, he can cause naturally super-powered individuals to exchange powers. As he is the "link" through which these powers flow, he must be in the near vicinity for the "exchange" to function.

11. Mind Boy
Tenzil Kem, Junior
When Saturn Queen (Eve Aries) traveled back in time with Lightning Lord and Cosmic King for the express purpose of humiliating Superman, he defeated the "Legion of Super-Villains" by exposing Eve to radioactive material from Saturn's rings, which suppresses psychosis in Titanians.
When she returned to the 30th century, she discovered that she was pregnant with Lex Luthors child. Originally called Lex Aries, he was adopted by Tenzil (Matter-Eater Lad) Kem after their marriage, and re-christened Tenzil Kem, Junior.
Mind Boy exhibits mutant super-intelligence, limited telepathic ability, and impressive telekinetic powers.

12. Lgxqzryp (Lig-ex-quizzer-yip)
Son of a Zrfffn (Zir-fif-if-an) imp [Ms. Qznkpykl] and a male human Tharnian [the Indigo Warlock]
Being only half-Zrfffn, Lgxqzryp has very limited magical abilities. When he says his name backwards, he can transform any object into any other object. His transmutations are only temporary, and depend on the size of the object(s). For example, when the changed the 1,000-story Empire Asteroid Building into a stack of newspapers, the transformation lasted less than one hour. When he changed every building and living being in New New Chicago into transparent Plasteel (except Rogarth), he was only able to maintain the transformation as long as he concentrated. In no case do his transformations last more than ninety days.

13. Improbability Lass (Honorary Member / Legion Reserve)
Norja Kem
Daughter of Tenzil Kem (Matter-Eater Lad) and Eve Aries (Saturn Queen)
Apparently due to the influence of the (still) residual Miracle Machine radiation, combined with Titanian psychic abilities, Norja has the ability to alter reality in her immediate vicinity. However, the limitation of that power is that she apparently cannot create any effect unless it is (a) humourous, and (b) effectively useless in the long run.

14. the Cheshire Cat
May Norg
Daughter of the Batch SW6 Lyle Norg (Invisible Kid) and April Dumakas (Catspaw) she has a cat-like appearance, enhanced agility, strength and toughness, invisibility, and teleportation through what she thinks of as the "Wonderland Dimension", that bizarre realm discovered by Jacques Foccart where stray thoughts become reality- or at least, convincing illusion. At least a decade younger than the rest of this Legion, she is the newest and youngest member of the Legion. She does not get along at all well with the Wolf Princess.

[ June 15, 2010, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Klar Ken T5477 ]

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Set, I love how so many of your characters form animal type avatars.

I do have a weakness for that. Either forming energy animals, summoning actual creatures, unleashing animal-shaped soul-selves. It's a theme, and it would get really old if I could make all of them.

One would be neat, though, like the idea of a Tinya/Brin child that could summon 'ghost-wolves' from within herself and send them out as her phantom 'wolf-pack' to engage foes.

Multiple such characters would be uncreative, 'though, and picking just one would be painful!

quote:
They remind me a lot of Andre Norton books/characters.
I was always a fan of her Witch World stuff. I particularly liked how the magic of her world was sort of a mix of psychic stuff and spells.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.