Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: Children of the Legion Collection (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: Children of the Legion Collection
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
Matrix (Justyn Ranzz) & Virus (Sharyl Ranzz)

These two are very cool, and a totally outside-the-box pairing, Mekt and Salu? Rock on!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Well I didn't think like a cat and dog combined, like a child who's predominately feline with canine features or canine with feline features.

I know, I know!
Someone to drive Cannus crazy!
lol

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
I am trying to do the same thing with the New Wanderers (Legion of Earth-247) that I did with the 5YL Legion…

01 FalconFire
Parents: Rokk Krinn (Cosmic Boy) and Imra Ardeen (Saturn Girl)
Telepathy and telekinesis. Originally calling herself Tele-Girl, Mari was on a solo exploration mission when her ship collided with an infant Sun-Eater.
Both severely injured, they merged their physical beings and consciousnesses.
Mari now is able to call upon the vast power of the Sun-Eater that resides within her to augment her psionic abilities and produce various solar energy effects.

02 the Iron Giant
Parents: Andrew Nolan (Ferro) and Salu Digby (LeViathan)
Has the ability to transform himself into a normal-sized, flesh-and-blood human.

03 Shadow Wolf
Parents: Brin Londo (Wolfpack) and Tasmia Mallor (Shadow Lass)
Another Shadow Champion.

04 Nexus
Parents: Gear (I.Z.O.R) and Nura Schappin Nal (Dreamer)
Has the ability to manifest, at will, electric sheep.

05 Pandora
Parents: Querl Dox (Brainiac 5.1) and Jasmine Cullen (Kid Quantum 2)
Alz has inherited her mothers' power to alter quantum constants, but only a tenth-level intelligence. This is more than enough to make her quite a force to be reckoned with.
She is cheerful and well-liked among her teammates. The name "Pandora" means "all gifts".

06 Star Girl
Parents: Thom Kallor (Star Boy) and Ayla Ranzz (Spark)
Full Daxamite power set. Ice vision. Flame breath. Lightning vision. Gravitational manipulation.

07 ThunderBolt
Parents: Lar Gand (M'Onel) and CeCe Beck (Thunder)
When CeCe Beck said her magic word in the 91st century, she finds herself transported to the past, among her friends in the Earth-247 Legion in the New Earth universe. With no way back to the future (and stuck in her Thunder form) she develops a romance with M'Onel, and the two are married within a couple of years.
Ramael Gand is the result. Daxamite-class strength, speed, flight, and invulnerability. Powered up even under a red sun, and the crushing gravity of planets like Daxam and Kormo.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/World%27s_Finest_Vol_1_92
Invulnerable to both lead and magic.

Note: FireFalcon, Star Girl, and Thunderbolt are the "heavy hitters" of the team.

08 Ultra Lad
Parents: Jo Nah (Ultra Boy) and Phantom Girl (Apparition / Phase)
From his mother, he has inherited full Bgztlr and Cargggan abilities. From his father, invulnerability, penetra-vision and levitation. In addition, he possesses a unique power all his own: he has the ability to alter his apparent physiological age, from infant to old man, or anywhere in between.

09 Phase Nine
Parents: Garth Ranzz (Lightning Lad) and Lluornu Durgo (Triad)
Note: although Garth has regained his natural appearance and powers, he is still genetically Tromman.
Aaron has the ability to manifest as eight separate elemental phases: stone, plant, fire, air and wind, water and ice, a "beast" elemental, a "lightning energy" elemental (similar to Jonni Thunder), and a "dark energy" elemental (similar to Negative Man)
Aaron can either change his own form into one of these elemental manifestations, or manifest any or all of them separately from himself.

10 Jabberwocky
Parents: Reep Daggle (Chameleon) and Jeka Wynzorr (Sensor)
She has the ability to alter or disguise any object or individual, without changing its mass. Her powers appear superficially similar to Chameleon Chief, but are magical in origin.
While Daina's own natural form is a horrific blending of Durlan and Hypertaxized Orandan physiology, she was able to permanently restore her mother to normal Orandan serpent-form, to her great relief.
Technically a princess, her "kingdom" no longer exists.

11 Ryu
Parents: Val Armorr (Karate Kid) and Jenni Ognats (XS)
He has no connection to the Speed Force. He apparently has not super-abilities at all. Overweight, lazy, and edacious, he is a great disappointment to his father. He shows no interest in the martial arts, neither the physical nor the spiritual side. The New New Wanderers do keep him around as a kind of mascot, however, due to his natural cheerful temperament and careless hedonism.

12 Imago
Parents: Ti'Julk Mr'Asz (Gates)and Shikari Lonestar
Mostly humanoid in appearance, grey-skinned and green-haired, with a spiky tail/abdomen, her odd Kwai-Vrygan physiology allows her to reach into the virtual world of quantum probability, and create Imago-Replicants of both inanimate objects and living individuals.
These Imago-Replicants are more powerful, intelligent, and generally morally superior than the originals. In fact, in comparison with the Imago-Replicant the original looks like a Bizarro-Duplicate.
Limitations: (1) The existence of the Imago-Replicants is temporary, only a few hous. (2) Only one Imago-Replicant can be created at one time. (3) She has no control over the behavior or decisions of her living creations.

Definition: IMAGO: (1) the final stage of metamorphosis of an insect (2) in psychology, an idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.

13 She Came From Planet Claire
I know she came from there. She drove a Plymouth Satellite faster than the speed of light. Planet Claire has pink hair, and all the trees are red. No one ever dies there; no one has a head. Some say she's from Mars, or one of the seven stars that shine after 3:30 in the morning. Well she isn't.

Graphically-challenged as I am, I tried to put together a few Hero Machines of these characters here.

[ June 19, 2010, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Klar Ken T5477 ]

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Those Hero Machine pictures are funny. Everyone looks like they should be holding a gun!

I have tried on occasion to use the City of Heroes or Champions Online character builders, but they never quite look 'right' enough and I just get frustrated. You must be way more patient than I am!

Phase Nine and Imago are very interesting. (Phase Nine almost seems to be connected to the Exorian twins idea...) FalconFire as a Phoenix / Jean Grey homage is fun.

Mixing Vi and Andy to get an Iron Giant, 'though? Inspired!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of interesting and wierd characters in this bunch!
I enjoyed the pictures, too.

My favorites are:

1. Jabberwocky, who looks like Jabba the Hut, kind of.

2. She Came from Planet Claire, very strange and unrelated to the New Wanderers in origin, I guess. Where's Konk when we need her. She could be the opposite of Double Header.
[Smile]

3. Imago, very strange. I was hoping for someone more beautiful from that union, which could be said, by me, of Jabberwocky, too.

4. Pandora, any Dox combo is fun, imo.

5. Cub, I love Cub.

Question, why does Star Girl have Daxamite powers?

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Garth and Imra's daughter, Candis Ranzz (Impulse as a tentative codename, but I can't think of anything better?)
Candis is virtually mindblind; she can receive telepathy, but her sending is so feeble that only the best telepaths can sense it.

Candis isn't just mindblind- she is mind-silent! If only the best telepaths can sense her thoughts, this would make her essentially mentally-invisible to most telepaths.

Not such a big deal in our world, but pretty useful in a universe full of mind-readers!

--------------------

Klar Ken T5477

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Lots of interesting and weird characters in this bunch!

Question, why does Star Girl have Daxamite powers?

Daxamite-like powers: like her father's original comet-granted super-powers, which at first put him on a level with Superboy.

She Came From Planet Claire

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477:
Daxamite-like powers: like her father's original comet-granted super-powers, which at first put him on a level with Superboy.

She Came From Planet Claire

Ahhh!
And I don't wonder that I hadn't heard of Planet Claire before!
lol
I'm a Josh Grobin and Keith Green fan.
[Smile] !

Very interesting, though, rather like the character you invented!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Candis is a great character!
I was thinking shince she affects nerves, something like 'Synapes' might work.

Yes, Synapse works better. [Smile]

quote:

Matrix and Virus are fun, too!
The car idea is so, guyish!
He should race, too, even if he IS a Legionnaire.
I've always felt that the Legion's members should have more balanced lives.
I remember how surprising it was when we saw Tasmia playing a violin.
(She made shadow sculptures postboot.)

Maybe he could do exibition runs or vid/utube entertainment racing?

*nods-nods* Seeing the Legionnaires do exhibitions for charity would be cool!

The racing thing came a bit from the postboot depiction of Winath, from when Ayla was telling her origin story to the kids touring Legion HQ? It looked more like a 1950's sock-hop during the dancing panel, than the "clothing optional" lifestyle the world had before the timeline got revamped.
So what would a rebel kid be doing in the 1950's? Hot rod racing! [Smile]

quote:

Polymath 2 is a great name.
Do you even watch 'NUMB3RS'?
Wouldn't it be kind of neat if Kamil was interested in the same kind of math used to solve crimes?
Sort of like a Data Holmes or something.

I'd seen the show a few times, but not for ages. Course if you had a 12th-level intellect dedicated to detective work, who'd stand a chance?
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
Matrix (Justyn Ranzz) & Virus (Sharyl Ranzz)

These two are very cool, and a totally outside-the-box pairing, Mekt and Salu? Rock on!
Well I figured that something new could work?
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

quote:
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477:
quote:
Garth and Imra's daughter, Candis Ranzz (Impulse as a tentative codename, but I can't think of anything better?)
Candis is virtually mindblind; she can receive telepathy, but her sending is so feeble that only the best telepaths can sense it.

Candis isn't just mindblind- she is mind-silent! If only the best telepaths can sense her thoughts, this would make her essentially mentally-invisible to most telepaths.

Not such a big deal in our world, but pretty useful in a universe full of mind-readers!

That wasn't quite what I had in mind? I meant that she didn't really have any power to send back to a telepath. Like she could only whisper, so unless the other person's hearing is really good they'll miss it?

But your idea's better? [Cool]

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Brek Burroughs
Relatives: Drake Burroughs (father), Dori Aandraison (mother); Ral, Staq, Peter (younger brothers), Dawnstar (step-mother), Nura (step-sister), Brek Banin (godfather)

Origin: He was the oldest of the four, created when his parents were stranded on a "primitive planet". Dori's powers were out of control, and Drake used his powers in an attempt to help her.
Brek hatched from an egg of energy, a normal looking child albeit with a violet aura. Due to parents constant travelling, he grew to love adventure.

Brek was excited when he got to meet the Legion for the first time. However, it was the beginning of the end. His father refound his love for Dawnstar and his mother wanted to return to Xolnar.

Powers: Direct connection to the violet (love) part of the emotional light specturm. Ability to create force fields, hard light constructs, flight.

Name: Ral Burroughs
Relatives: Drake Burroughs (father), Dori Aandraison (mother); Brek (older brother), Staq, and Peter (younger brothers), Dawnstar (step-mother), Nura (step-sister), Ral Benem (god-father)

Origin: Ral was hatched in a city on a "primitive planet". He is the most outgoing child of Drake and Dori. Ral's yellow aura intrigued the entire city, including the king who wanted to kidnap the child and make him the heir. Ral did not understand his parents desire to go home.

When they returned to the Legion, Ral adapted the best. He helped his younger brothers get through his parents' divorce. He accepted Dawnstar and Nura as family, an act Brek resents.

Powers: Direct Connection to the yellow (fear) part of the emotional color spectrum. Ability to create force fields, hard light constructs, flight.

Name: Staq Burroughs
Relatives: Drake Burroughs (father), Dori Aandraison (mother); Brek and Ral(older brothers),Peter (younger brothers),Dawnstar(step-mother), Nura (step-sister),Staq Mavlen (god-father)

Origin: Hatched in the Legion Headquarters, the child was subjected to extensive by Brainiac 5 before being released to it's parents. At times the child has a red aura, and other times it has a blue aura.

He is too young to even train for the Legion, but he is caught up in his brother's conflicts. He hates their schemes of manipulation, and prefers to hang out with other children than his own siblings.

Powers: Red/Blue Auras depending on his mood. The ability to empower Green Lanterns and weaken Ral when he is in a good mood. It has been speculated by Saturn Girl that unless he is converted to one color he will become psychotic.

Name: Peter Burroughs
Relatives: Drake Burroughs (father), Dori Aandraison (mother); Brek and Ral,Staq(older brothers),Dawnstar (step-mother), Nura (step-sister),Staq Mavlen (god-father)

Origin: He was hatched on Xolnar during his parent's initial seperation. He doesn't have the resentment issues that his siblings have, because for some odd reason he is Drake's favorite.

He has no desire to join the Legion (too young anyway), but wants to help in other ways. Peter has displayed a selfish streak but Dori say's its just a phase. He plays his brothers against eachother to get what he wants.

Powers: Direct connection to orange spectrum (greed). An orange aura...when the little boy kills bugs they reappear as orange constructs.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

These are great, Red Arrow!
I feel that they should be on the Museum's Legion of Light thread, too.

I have a couple of questions -
1) who is the stepsister Nura?
2) I'm not very familiar with the non-codenames for some of the adult characters that you used, like Dori and the god-fathers (sorry).
Could you make a short list of who they are so I know who you're talking about?

4 boys!
Drake must be estatic!
Brek is my favorite but they're all cool.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:

quote:

Polymath 2 is a great name.
Do you even watch 'NUMB3RS'?
Wouldn't it be kind of neat if Kamil was interested in the same kind of math used to solve crimes?
Sort of like a Data Holmes or something.

I'd seen the show a few times, but not for ages. Course if you had a 12th-level intellect dedicated to detective work, who'd stand a chance?
Yes, but the Brainy's are always hard to beat, as was Data and Sherlock!
That's the fun, not that others can stand against them, but how they work and plot and figure things out!

And thanks for sharing how you came up with the race car bit! I love seeing how the creative process works!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I feel that they should be on the Museum's Legion of Light thread, too.

What is that? Where is it?

quote:
I have a couple of questions -
1) who is the stepsister Nura?

She is the adopted daughter of Dawnstar. Divorce is common nowadays and I doubt it will change in the 31st century.
quote:
2) I'm not very familiar with the non-codenames for some of the adult characters that you used, like Dori and the god-fathers (sorry).
Could you make a short list of who they are so I know who you're talking about?

Dori Aandraison- Rainbow Girl, I made her the mother so that the children are possible because Anti-Matter and Light are both types of energy.
Brek Brannin- Polar Boy
Ral Benam- Chlorophyll Kid
Staq Mavlen- Fire Lad
Peter Dursin- Porcupine Pete (typo in last bio)

quote:
4 boys!
Drake must be estatic!
Brek is my favorite but they're all cool.

Yes, I see Brek and Ral competing for the Legion membership. Staq wants to live a normal life. When Peter gets older he will want to be a mercenary like Deadpool, but ends up taking over the Substitutes instead.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.