Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Any confusion is my fault-- should have made it clearer that the interstellar transmatter/dohicky was bouncing the group from planet to planet... and Overthink eventually got 'em back to the ship.

It seems obvious to me because I'm the one writing the story, and knows what is going on from the get-go-- it needs to be made clear to the readers!! Good call, Shady, and advice I will be sure to remember!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
I missed 'Cobalta' [Frown]

She's on page 4, panel 4 - the one with 3 breasts. [Smile]

quote:
And I wish that you'd do a link to the Resourse site since I can't seem to find it. [Frown]
(I'm tired.)

I don't know what you mean. Did you click on the thumbnails to see the full size images? Do you mean the host site? I can try putting a link to that to see what happens. I've never done it before.

quote:
The whole preview was fascinating and delicious.

Thanks for the wonderful way that you kept the innate charm of MLLASH's characters while adding your own brilliance, Sketch.

Loved the Adventure style cover, it was a wonderful way to introduce the story line-up.
Awwww, K'zle!
And the little butterfly gal was so cute, too!

I consider page 1 to be more of a splash page than a cover, but it's all good, and thank you!

quote:
It's a given, really, after all of Dean's various projects, that the characters would be beautiful.
The action, something that we don't see a huge amount of from Sketch, is pretty good, too.

Especially kind statement. I could go ahead and give a self-critique, but my goal will always be to keep trying and move forward.

quote:
I got a little confused when the flowers turned to people, who then disappeared and glop bats showed up, but that might just me, rather than the story.

The hardest part of this medium, imo, is story flow.
I think that's true for any storyteller(s), but especially where visuals are concerned.
It's important from panel to panel AND from page to page.
I think you both had varying success with that idea, but over all, were successful.

Thank you for the compliment. My interpretation of the script was that the cast was moved abruptly from place to place and that it was all confusing and disorienting. Sounds like it worked on you, Shady! But I wonder, in order to address any confusion, if we could have explained what the transmatter/porter device did before Overthink tested it. Also, I wonder if I should have placed that aqua colored glow on the team as they shifted locations.

quote:
I'm certainly in awe of you both and am really looking forward to any future works that you do together and separately!
Thank you SO much, and I'm really looking forward to the next script I get from Lash.

This will be set up sort of web-comic style rather than traditional comic *book* pages. Also, we will pad each update with fun stuff, as only Lash and I can! (No presh, Lash!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I meant the CBR Artists and Writers site - I can't seem to find CBR, for some reason I never seem to get there.
Not your worry though, I was tired and a little frustrated when I wrote that.
sorry

The agua aura would have been exactly right and not intrusive in the story but at the same time, it would have given me a clue that a change was coming, especially if it was a follow through from the first time that they jumped, which it was, if I remember correctly.

That's the kind of creative thinking that helps the writer create the flow need for story cohesion.
Proud of ya.
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If you mean the Artist and Writer Showcase, it's here.

It looks good, guys! I wish I had that kind of drive.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for your input Shady Candle!

Arachne, thank you for your comment, too! I'd LOVE to see sequentials from you -- and Starsearchers fan art!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe someday. I'm not sure I'd be any good at sequentials.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Faboo!!
I love the eyePOPPING colors. I wish some of the background surfaces had a little more texture instead of being solid colors.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yay! A faboo!! from rhino! Thank you!

Well, based on the sneak peek Lash gave me, there will be LOTS of interesting settings in the upcoming storylines which will need to be clearly defined, so details will definitely increase.

If I may, I found myself getting more and more comfortable with doing sequentials as I worked on them. In fact, I began to enjoy investigating ways to make the sequences be even more interesting than my first instinct. This, I hope will only continue and improve with more time/effort.

I'm SO glad this is happening!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
My Starsearchers Tribute Site.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*speechless*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

That freakin' RULES.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OhmiGAWD-- I didn't originally scroll down far enough. I just spotted the character designs at the bottom. Kick ASS, I love it!!!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Does this mean the site can use them with your permission? [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Nightcrawler, what a wonderful thing to do!
They, Dean and Michael, certainly deserve it and you did a truly amazing tribute!
Wow!
[Proty]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I was thrilled when I saw this the other night, and pm'd Nighty instead of posting here, so that people might see someone else's name besides mine.

I thanked him profusely!

Lash (and everyone else), we can link to that site, so we should start the campaign of promotion however, wherever we can. Please tell everyone you know about this series! Lash and I want to become famous! (heh!)

Such fun!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.