Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay.... gut reactions.
a. LOVE IT!!
b. Wow, are those the only character designs I posted? I did like, a jillion of them, but it looks like I only posted a few.
c. My screen is kinda old. It's a square shape intead of widescreen, so I have to scroll around to see the whole page. I wonder if it would be bad to have a reduced size available for those with dinosaur computers like me?

Notes to self...
1. Include page numbers! I'm annoyed when the comics I read don't include them. Why didn't I inlcude them?
2. If this format is used again, it looks like it would be best to do this...
* first window-
left side blank, with kewl starfield

right side actual cover image - with large logo, credits, blurb. The current "cover" image is actually a preliminary character study. Really close to the final designs, but some definite tweaking has happened since.

*second window -
left side, inside cover to include title, credits, info about us, LW, etc. Maybe even a "previously..." section. I'd be open to input on what could go on this page.

right side, story begins. Either a splash page or not, depending on the story, the script, the final format, etc.

next windows-
all about story. I must remember that they will be looked at side-by-side, so I have to keep that in mind as I create the visuals, to avoid confusion. As stated above, I have to remember to include page numbers.

final window -
left side, last page of story

right side, back cover - promote other projects by Lash and/or Dean, the next issue, etc.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Um, I don't know if this type of site will be used again, for future stories, but I sure do love what Nighty did for now!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Does this mean the site can use them with your permission? [Smile]

Umm, hecks YEAH!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I can shrink them down. Maybe make them pop up as the mouse goes over them.

I'm forced to scroll as well, but I didn't want to mess with the pages.

I could even create a main portal linking to each of your issues in a separate web page, if you guys want. I just decided to throw everything I could find in there for now. I've been wanting to use that script to make a virtual comic for awhile, but haven't found anything worth doing it for until now.

And, Dean send me your other designs and if you have a proper cover for this story, I'll replace it. I used that image cause I needed a cover to make it all work.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:

I've been wanting to use that script to make a virtual comic for awhile, but haven't found anything worth doing it for until now.

This bodes ill for Uncanny Excellents! [Wink]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:

And, Dean send me your other designs and if you have a proper cover for this story, I'll replace it. I used that image cause I needed a cover to make it all work.

Yeah, I haven't seen these designs either!

I personally like the current cover image but I understand, Dean changed the looks of Krys and K'zle afterwards. Still makes an awesome pin-uppy image though!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:

I've been wanting to use that script to make a virtual comic for awhile, but haven't found anything worth doing it for until now.

This bodes ill for Uncanny Excellents! [Wink]
Actually, I did consider building the pages from your panels and making a virtual book, but it seemed like more work than this did. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[Smile] [Smile] I'm SO proud of Dean and Starsearchers I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Although I really do plan to continue the Excellents, Doomed Gay Romance, Girl Zombie and Trash Lass here! And if EDE ever wants to, I'm all about continuing our Matter-eater Lad & The LSH as well as Groovy Teen Titans.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Strangely enough, it wouldn't surprise me if I'm in the mood for some Groovy Teen Titans writing before long!

Oh, and I'm digging Starsearchers!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
My Starsearchers Tribute Site.

Is this link going to be somewhere else so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle or something?

[ February 09, 2010, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

It's in my signature!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there ya go, problem solved!
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I just posted the Starsearchers on Dean's Facebook Page

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff sofar guys, love the story and the character designs.

Would it be ok with you if I tried a 3D render of some of the characters?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Uh, TOTALLY!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.