Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to be a big tease, but I just posted the finished cover to #1. The rest of the first part needs just a *bit* more work....

How'd you guys like the cover?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Somehow, I missed that it was a try-out cover as a sketch when it's so obvious in the finished one!

I love it as I love K'zle!

I wish this was easier on you Dean and someone else could do the coloring for you.
sigh

Beautiful fun!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dean, it is beautiful!

Like Shady, I worry about you handling the pencils, lettering and coloring... that's a LOT to do! Then I see INKS too... Dean, you're going to kill yourself!! I love the pencils to colors look of the preview. Isn't that easier?

On the other hand, this series is Dean's visually... he makes the calls (with my sometimes-input which normally amounts to: That's Awesome!!) and I've thought they are all excellent ones.

I'm thrilled he is into this!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey everyone! I've posted the cover, the inside cover and pages 1-5 of issue #1! I hope you like it!

Don't worry about me. I'll figure out a good way of working on this project and maintaining the rest of my RL! I'm hoping for actual regular updates, but I'm currently not quite yet that regimented.

Please let me know your thoughts on the new pages!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Very clever, you two!
The space ship looks a little like a TV Dinner with a cover and he's thinking about food.
heheh

I'll go look up the characters again in . . . fandango, they're wonderful.
I don't remember purple manga guy or SSSSSSS.

SSSSSSS is particularly impressive!

The idea that a 'bug' planet would have multiple species of sentients is especially kewl.
Insects just have SO many possibilities.
I love it.

The format is wonderful, too.
I really appreciate being able to enlarge everything for easier reading.

The purple thought thingys are easy to read, again, something I like.

The coloring is beautiful and distinctive.
Very satisfying on so many levels.

Thank-you both!

[ February 22, 2010, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DEAN, I LOVE IT!!!

I know we had some concern about the talking-heads opening pages, but I think you made them so beautiful, like a calm before the storm, I don't find it a concern at all...

Colors are amazing, lettering is amazing... YOU are amazing. Thanks for making my script look perfect!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Candle, Lash,
Thank you for the very kind compliments. I really enjoyed working on those pages.

I went ahead and did rough layouts for the rest of issue #1!

Let me tell you, pages 1 -5 ARE the calm before the storm. The action is coming!

Lash's script is fantastic, very well crafted.

The way it will work is, I will post the next 5 pages, then the next 5, then the next 6, for a total of 21 story pages, plus there will be a inside back cover and a back cover. Right now I don't want to commit to an actual deadline schedule, but I do want to get ahead, artwise, so there won't be a lag.

It was really fun sketching out all the characters and all the action. I'm sure I'll post sneak peek previews at some point.

Don't forget that the comic is on drunkduck.com as well. We have some pretty decent stats as far as I know and some nice comments. It's cuz it's a labor of love!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Is SSSSSSSS Mharva?!
WOW!
And I found The Elder.
Very nice creative crossover on him.
I LOVE the blue eyes on him.

Ronal is still a darlin', and I like Drey, too!

Poor Hoppa, it must be so hard being an insect in a mammal universe.
sigh
In MIB, the insects were automatically the bad guys of the universe!
I hope she's up to the challenge!

So, everyone's fighting the Empire.
Last time I went for something like that I met Han Solo!
WoooHoooo!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Michael, Dean...I split up the site to accommodate the new material.

Can either/both of you guys give me any introductory text to describe each section?

Thanks!

(I'm still working on a way to display the book and magnify the pages at the same time.)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Wow, Nighty! Thank you SO much, the site looks awesome!

Hmmm... how 'bout something like this:

THE PREVIEW

When Dean expressed interest in drawing STARSEARCHERS, he requested a short 5 or so page story. When I asked him what he wanted to draw, he said weird exotic locales and creatures. This was my challenge as a writer, so I came up with Overthink's little invention, which is a big deal because teleportation doesn't yet exist in the Starsearchers universe. This sequence will be worked into the series at some point. I think it turned out excellent and was particularly impressed by how Dean's mastery of coloring bypassed the need fot the pencils to need inks, as well as his usage of panels.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

(feel free to edit these, Nighty!)

CHARACTER DESIGNS

The Starsearchers are one team of about a jillion characters I made up and drew stories of as a kid.

I was fortunate that my windows paint images of the Starsearchers piqued the interest of Dean Lee, whose artwork I have long admired on legionworld.net. That interest led Dean to want to draw a short story...

[ February 23, 2010, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

STARSEARCHERS # 1

It begins HERE! Dean has totally knocked himself OUT with this and I could NOT be prouder! I'm writing and Dean draws, colors and letters. Each issue will be 20 or so pages with additional yammerings by me and hot pinups by Dean. Enjoy the trip, why don't you?

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Updated! Thanks! (Great job guys!)
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thank you Nighty!!!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

I created a magnifying window for the books. Hopefully it works the way I intended and doesn't detract from the pages.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of issue #1.

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.