Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!
That's pretty exciting!
I'm sorry that I'm such a know-nothing, Sketch!
You shouldn't have had to explain.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm nearly done coloring the next sequence, then I can letter it and add sound fx. I'll probably be posting tomorrow (Friday).

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Read the last pages you posted.
Those are some pretty scary people!

Rich, lovely work, Dean and the story is very interesting for an introductory issue.
Thank-you, gentlemen.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shady, thank YOU for reading and commenting!

They ARE scary aren't they? But there's more to 'em that pure badassness, keep reading!

Dean, words cannot describe how pleased and proud I am. Your work is magnificent!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Read the last pages you posted.
Those are some pretty scary people!

Rich, lovely work, Dean and the story is very interesting for an introductory issue.
Thank-you, gentlemen.

I interpreted the intensity of the Starsearchers to be based on the fact that they are striving to come out from under the oppression of an evil emperor and his army. They're at war, so they fight as soldiers do. Vamp is a... vampire, so I definitely wanted to show the scary side of what that means. A touch of sci-fi gore comes with that territory.

I appreciate your comments very much. This is a really fun project to work on. I wish I had more time to devote to it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Shady, thank YOU for reading and commenting!

They ARE scary aren't they? But there's more to 'em that pure badassness, keep reading!

Dean, words cannot describe how pleased and proud I am. Your work is magnificent!

Lash, I'm proud of YOU and your magnificent work. You are juggling a LOT within this series and it's going GREAT! I wish I had more time to put into it, but I'm still pretty happy with the overall product even though I could critique my work to pieces.

The final sequence of issue #1 will take more time because a LOT is going on. I think I mentioned that I already thumbnailed out all the pages of #2.

Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Guess what? I just 2 seconds ago finished the script for # 3. It is TOTALLY SLAMMIN' I think. With this issue, I feel like I have gotten my flow down really well with this series.

I'm going to proofread it now. Let me know when you are ready for it, I don't want to hit you with too much stuff at once (although I can't WAIT for you to read the script!!!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Updated the site. Bluu's my favorite charcter for superficial reasons. And that page was pretty shocking.

Like Shady, I have to remember that these characters are not the Legion or traditional super-heroes.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Going to check the site next! It's the closest thing to STARSEARCHERS in a real comic book format. Thanks Nighty!

No, the STARSEARCHERS (though certainly inspired by the LSH!) are not like them in many important ways.

You will meet Omarr Shalb in issue 2 and begin to see why they have to be tough-- and by issue 3 you will be rooting for them to get even TOUGHER!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The page sizes are a bit too large all at once.

I'll have to work on that.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Again, thank you SO much for housing the comic! It just feels .... real... there.

I can't wait til it's totally done, and I can read it "cover" to "cover."

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Completed all the pencils for the rest of #1!

Now to scan, clean up, then color and letter.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Wow... STARSEARCHERS # 1.... almost done! VERY excited.

Maybe soon there will be an Overthink action figure!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Just did all the background flats. (It's the easiest part, though vital.) Next come the character/prop flats. Then shading. Then highlights, then special effects. Then lettering.

It'll be a bit before it's all done, but I plan on working on it for a while today.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

K'zle should come first, imo!

Gosh, Dean, that all sounds so complicated and hard!
Wow!

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.