Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Me too! Site looks great, Nighty, we are so proud of it! You're awesome!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, thank you for giving it such a nice home!

Update.... we've done some beneficial design work and I've done rough layouts for the rest of the first issue. I just have to polish up the pencils and do the colors & letters. No actual posting date yet, but it is underway.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'll practice for the upcoming new LSH issues by doing a CALLING THE ROLL of STARSEARCHERS, if that's okay...

...so let the roll be called!

OVERTHINK: Wow! I spent a couple of minutes looving over OT and the panoply of interesting-looking gadgetry he's wearing. I liked that he almost followed, and perhaps *will* follow, Seven's sarcastic suggestion to experimentation. That'd be a fun character trait that's a little different for a comic book super genius-- taking random suggestions and making them real.

The teleport gag was fun and allowed for a nice intro to a couple of the characters. I chuckled at the final teleport when it was Overthink's face peering into the crystal ball instead of a slimebat.

IRITT: I'm always drawn to the shrinkers or, in this case, I suspect?, the 'little people'. She intrigues me.

K'ZLE: Gets the funniest lines, right? Is he from a race of bog-people or is he a one-off?

SEVEN: No-nonsense tough gal with a sarcastic mouth. Somewhat familiar, so far. Is she the leader?

JOHNNY COMET: Seems the odd duck of the group. "One of these things is not like the others..." But that's the plan? He looks to promise high-adventure with humor and romantic hijinks.

KRYSALIS: A crystal weaver/spinner/maker bearing a lovely design (they all are, really). She's apparently the graceful, nice girl of the group. I want to know more...

The second part, set on the prison ship was a nicely done, spare, taut scene. I immediately want to know more about each of the prisoners and what they're 'in for'. As a FARSCAPE fan, I immediately caught a tremor of that show's vibe... if their ship were alive, it'd all be there.

I don't know if these are villains or shades of gray or something else entirely... and I like that. I don't know if the two groups I've just met are heroes and villains or victims and rescuers or escapees and capturers. Perhaps there'll be some 'blending'?

I do know it'll be fun finding out! Good job, guys!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

YAY!! Todd, I know I can speak for both myself and Dean when I say we are honored by your Calling the Roll for STARSEARCHERS! Thank you so much for the detailed comments.

Now, to answer and discuss your queries/comments:

Doesn't Overthink look incredible?? His look is 100% credited to Dean Lee. I LOVE what Dean did with him.

One thing about Overthink-- there's NOTHING he can't invent... if he has time to do so. What's uncertain is if the sparse spare time he has is a curse or a blessing to the universe!

I'm tickled that the "Overthink's face gag" thing worked for you! Again I have to honor Dean Lee, who just KNOWS how to make a scene work without being beaten over the head with instruction. A rare talent.

Iritt is indeed one of the little people. But her kind is not like any other little people you have encountered before. One might think the butterfly-based race of an insectoid planet wouldn't last 2 generations, what with all those ferocious scary bugs out there. She gets a great scene later in issue 1 and I can't wait to see how Dean makes it look.

The K'zle you met in the preview-- actually the entire preview itself-- is set a bit in the future. He's got a way to go before he reaches the point he's at there. You will see. His gelatinous form is fairly standard on his home planet (as will be evidenced later in issue 1).

Seven (another round of applause to Dean for her stunning look) is not the leader but she is sort of a moral center for the group, and doesn't suffer Overthink's attitude very well at times. She's a lot more complicated than she at first seems in the Preview. Hang in there with her.

Johnny Comet is going to be a lot of fun to read. Your first impression of him is pretty accurate!

Krysalis (can we give Dean another standing "O" for her design?) is going to be in high contrast to her brother Rikk, which will really start to be noticeable in the opening pages of Issue 2. Her poised, polite nice girl manner I have to credit to Dean Lee who has mastered her body language. Way to go Dean!

I kinda forget that the readers don't really know what's up with any of these guys yet! But the next sequence of issue 1 is going to begin to make things clearer....

Thanks again, Todd!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you for Calling the Roll, ML!

I've finished pencils on pages 6-10 and will begin scanning and coloring then lettering.

My new RL schedule has been pretty intense, but I feel like htis is the week when I'm starting to get used to it and am able to add fun stuff like comic art!

Stay tuned....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Whew! I was worried your new schedj was going to suck up all your time... I'm glad it has left you some room for this!

The script for issue 2 is just about done... in it, we begin to learn a lot about the charcaters and the universe they live in!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

My new schedj just about killled me for a couple of weeks there, but as of yesterday, I fell almost kinda normal again!

Hint--- action is gonna start brewing in this sequence!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yay! I just got back from Drunk Duck, and we have some very nice comments/ratings there.

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, very nice.

I've returned to coloring over pencils instead of inking. I do clean up the linework a bit. It's funny, because I do prefer the energy in my pencil work more. Inks just tend to dull down my drawings. The consequence is, of course, that there can be some sketchy/rough work.

Anyway, LOTS of action on the way!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dean I actually prefer your noninked work on Starsearchers! Yay, can't wait to see it!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Did a TON of coloring today, yet there's still rather a lot to do.

I just want to thank Lash again, for writing such a perfect series for me to play with! I love creating the visuals for all the settings, architecture, gear, vehicles, creatures and most of all.... the characters. I just wish I could get it all done sooner!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

End of night update...

Finished colors on page 6.
Did the flat colors on pages 7,8 & 9. Still need to go in and add tones, highlights, etc.

Scanned page 10, but haven't done any coloring on it. Lot's of stuff going on on that page!

Still need to do all the lettering and sound effects, which truly add a LOT to the story.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Finished colors on 6,7,8 & 9. Still need to color 10, letter and sound fx. Really happy with this!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It looks sOooOOOoooo awesome.... poor I'xxi! You made me feel her pain-- and the panel of K'zle swinging the soldier guy is perfection.... thank you!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Updated the site. Lookin' good.

Can't wait to read more.

(Poor I'xxi [Frown] )

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.