Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
OK, It seems a shame that no thread for either issue has been started.

I skimmed # 50 and haven't read 51 yet, I will respond once I do.

Meanwhile, what did YOU think?!?

Offhand, I'm loving a teen-team with the uber-powered Femme Squad of Supergirl, Wonder Girl and Miss Martian.

[ January 01, 2008, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The Titans of the Future storyline is just barely getting started and it's hard to tell where it's going but the final page in #51 is an "Oh my god!" moment.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta say that I miss Tony Daniel's art. ;-(
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Some creepy revelations, though. And I really like the cliffhanger in #51. It's killer. (Pun what?)

I know I may have already mentioned it, but I love Sean McKeever. And I see nothing that shakes my faith in him. It probably would've been nice if he'd introduced his own concept to wet his feet but the Titans of Tomorrow or whatever are very compelling characters, so I can see where the appeal would lie. Especially if Geoff already had plans regarding them and they interested him.

There's some neat easter eggs and I really like introing with Blue Beetle's visit. Rose especially shines with some really witty dialogue.

Click Here For A SpoilerKara: Hey, Ravager-- did you notice there's no future us?
Rose: Golly, gee, aren't you observant? Must come standard with the blond hair and miniskirt.

And #50 has a neat story with my boy Wally from his Kid Flash days. Wolfman and Perez! Dick in shortpants! [Big Grin] Gotta love it. Only sad part was I realized how much I missed Mike McKone's art. [Frown] And Young Justice.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Okay.... is ANYone still reading Teen Titans?

52 was pretty interesting, with a vibe similar to when the SW6 Legion met the adults.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Having never read the SW6 Legion or...whatever, I'll just have to take your word for it. I'm still reading-- and enjoying-- the series. The drama of it all! [Big Grin] Especially with Bart and Kon there. It's so... chilling. I can't wait to see what happens next! McKeever is definitely delivering as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing that bothers me is the disconnect between the Tim/Cassie thing and Tim's solo book where he's got a girl named Zoanne (who may or may not be his girlfriend depending on the writer). I mean, the triangle is great for storytelling, I guess but... yeah. I hate that there's never any continuity. There used to be continuity, right? Or was that just a sweet, sweet dream..?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Issue 53...

This fill-in artist guy was very Tony Daniels-esque... maybe he should take the book over.

I'm kinda ready for the "Titans of Tomorrow Today" arc to either be over or go somewhere.

I've grown weary of the slugfesting and I can't get excited about the new characters in the Titans Army because the last time I got excited about a gaggle of characters (the 2-page spread featuring the various Titans members during the one-year gap) most of them ended up dead (Only Kid Zatara and especially Miss Martian got any benefit there).

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Issue 54...

Well, that's over.

Is anyone clear on the Conner/Bart reveal though?

Does this mean they will eventually be back, albeit without important past memories? That's how I saw it. Kind of depressing. And I didn't get the Miss Martian thing at the end either. Maybe I need to reread it all, don't know if I wanna.

--------------------

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
I just flip through it at the store. Miss M. is a doll but I just haven't been interested in the title.

I get my Titans fix from TTG! and will be a-buyin' Tiny Titans...

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
That was a rather confusing ending Lash. I did enjoy this arc but feel as if it never really got anywhere in the end. Was it all just to set up the potential of a return to the DCU by Conner & Bart? I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

Guess we'll have to see where this all goes from here.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Please no more returns... Cassie is better for it.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Especially no return of Lex Luthor. But I think that wish is in vain, since he's apparently going to be digging his hooks in for awhile.

Sigh. Boring. To me, anway.

What a disappointment the Titans Army was. Next to no focus on the folks I wanted to know about. Just like the influx of the One Year Later members.

Boy, this title has squandered just about all of my good will. If the next storyline is similar, I'm dropping.

But I *will* pick up the other Titans title-- even with the bad taste left in my mouth from the special.

And the Year One title starts next week, I believe!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've dropped this book.

Nearly all the characters I used to read this book for are gone (and no - I definitely do not mean Bart or Kon who I think work better dead), the stories have been uninspired and I was never the biggest Tony Daniel fan, so to look at the work of a weak imitation like Eddy Barrows every month is not much of an incentive for me.

I'll be getting my Titans fix from the Year One mini and *maybe* the Titans East series (whenever that starts) from now on.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
TTY1 is on Diamond's list for this week. I know nothing about the story and am not yet sure what I think about the covers I've seen, but I'm going to get it.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed it. It's the first time I picked up individual issues since the series began. McKeever certainly knows how to write kids. He's a good choice for replacing Johns here.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.