Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
How, how does Titans manage to just... keep getting so awful with each passing issue? HOW?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I won't ever know. Until they reboot it back to the point where all the dead Titans are alive again, the franchise is dead to me. I'm very happy with my groovy back-issues.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Same. I'm so past the Titans franchise I have trouble conceiving of what on earth they could do with that book to get me interested again.

I'm over the Wolfman/Perez Titans.
I'm over the Fab Five Titans.
I'm over the Young Justice Titans.

I think the only Titans book that I would be remotely interested in reading about would be the new adventures of the forgotten 70s Titans - Mal, Karen, Lilith, Charley, Bette, Gnarrk, Don, Hank.

Sadly, that book's never going to happen. [Frown]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Bill Walko has stated his high interest in doing just such a book, with the whole groovy 70s cast.

Of course it would have to be out of continuity, which is fine with me. Continuity ain't all that.

His take would be more along a "tween/Archie" take, which could do well. I myself would go with a more Rozakis-like take, but if it were ever to come about in any form I would buy it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So. Looks like I'll be buying the relaunched # 1.

Prepare yourself; if this isn't any good, it's going to get real ugly real fast here.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Brett Booth's art, from back in the Wildcore/Backlash days over at Image, so I'll at least get the first issue, to look at the purty pictures.

If the characterizations of these new(ish) Titans (and the actual new ones) are interesting, I'll probably hang out for a few more issues.

I'm surprised they aren't calling it Young Justice, since the core of the team is Conner, Tim, Bart and Cassie.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm most interested in the insectlike girl; and I do like the artist as well. Lobdell's last series I read (Alpha Flight) was enjoyable to me, so we'll see...

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
if this isn't any good, it's going to get real ugly real fast here.

Ha, ha, ha!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
If Lobdell throws in some guest appearances from past Titans, I may just pick this up too.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TEEN TITANS #1: Somehow I think if DC knew the reaction they'd get with Starfire and Catwoman's introductions, they would've come up with a different way to present Cassie.

I thought the 'thief' stuff would center on stealing a lasso from Olympus... not a repeat car thief. This is a super-heroine?

She should be in jail.

Red Robin comes across OK. Kid Flash has been regressed without adding anything new.

The new characters on the cover are nowhere in sight.

Not a great beginning.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1: Roy and Jason- kind of fun, in a frat boy kind of way. Kory- if this were a new character, she might be interesting, provocative even.

Erasing love from Tamaranean sexuality is beyond cynical. It's so ugly, I can't even quite comprehend it. I wonder if R'yander would have the same drive? I somehow doubt it.

And not being able to recognize humans? Or remember those she called friends? Awful.

The opening scenes were fun and exciting, though. And the art was quite good. The 'cheesecake' was nothing we haven't seen for Starfire before, and didn't make me bat a lash. Till I read the words spoken about her.

Like everyone else, I wonder who 'Dustin' is... and am, once again, annoyed by no Wally or Donna.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. It does sound odd... One of the things I liked most about Starfire and the Tamaraneans was the focus on their emotions; that is, being a proud and passionate race. I know the toon focused on that a lot, but I think it had roots in the comics.

Hmmm, come to think of it, Starfire should have gotten a bigger role in Blackest Night...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.