Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno- Shimmer's not the same gal since her resurrection. Understandably, I guess. I'm glad Jinx is back with the Fearsome Five, though the Titans or other heroes probably wouldn't be. She has a lot of potential- and magic users aren't characters I tend to gravitate towards.

Still, I always like it when the Five and some group of Titans fight. They're actually more entertaining than Titans vs. Trigon reruns, or Deathstroke vs. Titans.

I'm glad you like Kid E! He needs all the fans he can get.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder why not Shimmer, Psimon, and Gizmo become Black Lanternized? hmm.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've just become numb to TEEN TITANS lately. The art is nice and all but the story feels like nothing's there.

Nothing I care about anyway.

Well, I *did* enjoy the knockdown, dragout between Rose and her father.

Plus those pesky BLACKEST NIGHT zombies for added fun.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OK- I've grown to like Ravager a good bit more than I once did, and I thought her choice as lead for the back-ups made a sort of sense, considering the way it fit in with events in the main title, and given that she's probably been the character with the most dynamic characterization in this team, but I still question her and her family taking over the title in entirety for two issues.

Especially when there's a missing teammate that the team has glibly 'abandoned'...

Given all that, I did like the second issue of the two. The unending twists in Ravager's family are surprising and worth reading (I just wish they took place against the backdrop of a *Teen Titans* story, if they're going to appear in a title with that logo on the cover). Jericho's appearance and reversal in fortune was a bit of a shocker.

Deathstroke's set to lead some team with 'Titans' in the title in the near future (I know- did you flinch? A little bile come up in your throat? And a little twinge that Doug Ramsay would translate as 'well, that could be interesting' spoken in the language of guilt?).

I guess if Jericho's onboard, as would seem to be indicated by the way events were left, I guess that makes the 'Titans' usage a *bit* more legit. Provisionally.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Like Lash said above, I've just become numb to the Teen Titans these days. In fact, I'd say the Teen Titans have been consistently the single worst major comic book title from any comic book company for the last 3 years. Honestly, there's just nothing else this bad out there.

Every so often there will be a glimmer of hope but those are few and far between. The latest issue, #78, a Blackest Night tie-in featuring Ravager, Jericho and Deathstroke wasn't bad--okay, even--but it wasn't anything that could get me to really care about this title again. I just feel like I've seen it all before, and the back and forth between these three characters going from good to bad to good again reminds me of the 90's X-Men at its worst. I do like Ravager a lot; she's probably been my favorite Titan since OYL. But Jericho and Deathstroke, both of whom I used to care about, I really just don't anymore.

As it stands, I'll try to find something to like about the Teen Titans comic but I don't even know what its supposed to look like anymore post-BN. DC really did a number on this title. And Titans--ha, yeah right. That's a huge pass from me. I collect almost every DC title so I think when I'm not collecting one of them, that's my way of saying its a big pile of shit. And that's what the Titans comic has been. The new focus doesn't make me think it will be anything otherwise.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

I like Static. I like that the Titans visited Dakota City. I liked that Holocaust played Static and the reader. Well, I, at least, thought maybe he was edging into a believable gray there for a minute.

But the issue was less than the worth of its parts. A lot less.

Bring on Superboy and Kid Flash. Rescue Kid Eternity. Take the team to hell and bring Eddie back.

Just no more leadership squabbles or posturing about who belongs there and who doesn't. Please.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just for the record, I've dropped TEEN TITANS as of 80. I put 81 back on the shelf Friday.

I will return when the price goes back down or the stories get vastly better.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thoughts on the members of the Titans, currently.

Wonder Girl: Boring as hell and an incompetent leader.

Cyborg: Condescending and uninteresting.

Beast Boy: If he and Raven hadn't broken up for the umpteenth time, I dunno. He was funnier in the cartoons.

Raven: I usually like the dark ones with the somewhat sarcastic sense of humor, but recently... liker her cartoon counterpart a LOT better.

Miss Martian: Love her.

Kid Devil: Feel bad for him, because losing his powers was almost certainly signing the death warrant.

Aquagirl: A tease who beat up a guy who was making lewd references. She's hitting on a guy with a girlfriend. Can you say "the pot and the kettle"?

Superboy: His death/rebirth is another one of the arguments against bringing back Lian Harper, in terms of the status quo and the reset button. The emotional growth thing is cool, but we've barely seen him in Smallville since Johns stopped writing Adventure Comics, and he's once again become a secondary character.

Kid Flash: Not really sure what to say.

Bombshell: Her I liked even though she was traitor, and the story where she came back proved she wasn't a heartless jerk everyone, including herself, thought she was.

Static: From what I've heard, this is almost an entirely different character from the one who was in his own comic a few years back.

Blue Beetle: No opinion either way.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Is anyone still buying this book?

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Say, did Kid Eternity actually DO anything while he was on the team? You know, aside from being kidnapped and killed.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe some of this Titan-kill-craziness can take out uber-awful Damien!

Now if only the Joker could join the Teen Titans!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Skimmed through Teen Titans to see Damien. As I figured, Damien is even more annoying than usual here.
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Issue #92 is a crossover with 'Red Robin' with Tim getting help from his former teammates to take down the Calculator... Tim and Damian argue a lot and at one point simultaneously declare, "We're not brothers!"... 'oh, brother' is all I can say to that element of the story... I like seeing Tim, Connor, Cassie, and Bart together... the other Teen Titans brought very little to the story... the art reminded me of a Mad Magazine parody... Damian looked a little too much like Alfred E. Neuman in a couple of panels... in terms of spoilers...

Click Here For A SpoilerIt should come as no surprise that Damian is out and Tim is back in with the Teen Titans... guess it can only be a good thing for the 'Teen Titans' book since Tim is such a strong character...

All in all not a bad crossover but I won't be sticking around...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.