Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure the angry blonde is Bombshell's mom.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What a ripoff cover on the lastest TT - a recruitment cover with no confirmed recruits by issue's end. Just another angry over the top Bombshell dumping on Eddie. So, Robin no more? Wonder Girl leads the troops? Give her back her old costume. That "W" looks ridiculous.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't know who half the recruits were. Whatever happened to Arrowette? Empress? IIRC, Secret ended up with Darkseid, but I don't recall where that left off. I'm surprised they weren't considering CM3, especially with his brother appearing next issue.
What did happen to Arrowette? Was she retconned out in favor of Speedy?

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Arrowette's still around but retired.

Just read # 66, I liked it.

Beetle's pal calling his friendship with Red Devil a "bromance" totally cracked me up, but then the Bug-But/Sizzle-Shorts exchange between Jamie and Eddie gave lots of weight to the 'bromance' term. Personally, I'd love to see them hook up. They're so cute together.

I wish everyone else would be nice to Eddie, I'm tired of everyone being all assholey to him!

Misfit, I'd LOVE to see her join! I love teleporters, and she's so FUN and cute!

Nice to see Kid Slick from Arcudi's DP run, if only as a head-shot.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And oh-- yay for Misit bringing the "AWW YEAH TEEN TITANS!" catchphrase to the book!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. I really liked #67 with its reintroductions of Kid Eternity and Brother Blood.

Due to happenings in the REIGN OF HELL miniseries, Kid E's powers have been curtailed a bit.

He no longer summons the dead to interact with, he *becomes* them-- or changes places with them-- or something.

Interestingly, this is how his power was first explained in the origin back in the '40's. It was promptly changed to the more familiar usage.

Wonder how long the back to basics approach will last? I kind of like it. For one thing, it makes unnecessary the whole he's-summoning-demons-that-take-the-form-of-the-chosen-dead-not-the-dead-themselves thing that I hated.

Prowling around other message boards, it looks like the addition of Kid E to the cast has met with less than glowing comment. I hope this issue helps to turn that around.

I also liked that Misfit and Traci 13 were at the Tower with no comment added. Way back, Teen Titans was described as a team/place where other teen heroes could hang out on the weekends, whenever with no strings attached. I liked that and hope this is the direction for the future.

Were we supposed to recognize the woman at the end? If the pic of the tattoo above her ass were clearer, would that make her identifiable?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
"Bromance."

[LOL]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Heck, I've been waiting for the smoldering 'bromance' between Tim and Conner to be resolved, and since one is currently dead and the other has been temporarily written out, that seems to be going nowhere. [Smile]

Cassie loves Conner about *half* as much as Tim does. I haven't seen such doe-eyed moistness between too same-sex characters since Donna Troy and Koriand'r used to make googly eyes at each other back in the Perez/Wolfman years...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TT 68: Kid E and Red Devil are the entree with a nice sidedish of Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl, followed by a tasty O&O dessert.

Kid Eternity's a character I like a lot and I've been looking forward to this issue since the cover was revealed.

I enjoyed it- quite a bit. My biggest wish would've been that the Vertigo stuff attached to Kid E would've been ignored, but I can see that wasn't really a possibility.

What was on the page, I liked. I like the visual of his very simple costume. The solid white ties into his name, I think.

I hope Kid E makes a journey to heaven, soon. I always think it's a mistake to give hell so much play in comics and almost never visit its opposite.

Olympus, Asgard (or Hades and Valhalla) should get visits, too.

I find it of note that so far we've seen Kid E 'eternalize' Tula and Kole and Aunt Marla. Editorial comment? Coincidence?

The minute limit is too constraining.

*Is* Kid E free from obligations to the Lords of Order and Chaos now?

Eddie's story takes some twists, as well. I find it hard to swallow that he'd even consider another deal. He just found out he has the metagene. He doesn't *need* the powers of hell-- more earthly power can unlock this, can't they?

I don't know if Kid Eternity's going to be a full-fledged Teen Titan or not. There seems to be fan resistance, unfortunately. I hope he has a nice, recurring guest-star status, if he doesn't join.

Heck, all kind of mileage could be gotten just having him visit each DC team and manifest their dead. Though that'd be a *very* debased use for him. I'd like more of the 'Aunt Marla' sort of eternilizations-- lots of historical ones (Alexander the Great, Leonardo Da Vinci, etc.)-- and occasionally, a dead superhero.

I wonder- can he eternalize someone who *was* dead, but came back to life? Like Green Arrow? Flash? Hal Jordan? etc. and etc.

O&O: Eddie, Beetle and Wonder Girl are the nucleus-- maybe Bombshell's joining-- no mention of Kid Eternity or Traci 13 or Misfit... Wonder Girl kisses Blue Beetle (I think)... Kid Flash's uniform floats with no one in it... Ravager has Wonder Girl at knifepoint... someone's pregnant (see Wonder Woman O&O)... Eddie lies in skeletal repose... Static's coming

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I was wondering, when Sister Sentry transformed, was that her actual appearance or was she another of those sorrowling things the Kid and Eddie dealt with earlier?

Also, it was announced Sean McKeever is leaving Teen Titans. I feel sick.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

#69 sees the 'final' solidification of the lineup. Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Red Devil, Bombshell, Kid Eternity, Static, Aquagirl and Miss Martian are the kids who decide to stay-- though Argent, Offspring, Zatara and other survivors of the Dark Side Club appear before choosing to go on their own merry ways.

Except for the disturbing and creepy Face. He takes a journey of a different kind.

What do you think of this lineup? Will it stick? McKeever's moving on. Should whoever replaces him reshuffle once again?

Mystery Lad
Advisor

TT ANNUAL #1-- leading to the DEATHTRAP crossover with the TITANS and VIGILANTE books.

Though the HQ-attacks scenario's been played out in just about every team book, it had its moments.

The isolation of the characters felt natural and gave us some nice glimpses of several of them alone or in pairs.

I know most readers are much bigger Rose fans than I am, and probably are also bigger supports of her romance- such as it is- with Red Devil. I think he's much more entertaining with Miss Martian. Rose seems like a decade older than either of these two.

Anyway, we aren't given any insight into Jericho-in-Cyborg's attacks here, so he's basically the trusted friend turned maniacal spree killer. Not my favorite set-up, but I think something a little more complex will be on display in the crossover proper.

It's nice to see the newest kid (among a handful of new kids-- they're new kids to some readers) save the day, but it would've been nice to see Kid Eternity and Aquagirl show a little better in battle.

My Kid Eternity comment-- I hope the writers or editors aren't limiting him to summoning Titans characters. That'd be a forced constraint.

We need to see some practice scenes with this team. His power could be disruptively distracting if he summoned up someone a character loves while said character's fighting to save lives.

I'm thinking a Jericho-in-Kid Eternity sequence could be verrry readable.

Bombshell's growing on me.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sounds like TT is really picking up. I'm behind, need to hit the CBS ASAP!

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
[QB] #69 sees the 'final' solidification of the lineup. Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Red Devil, Bombshell, Kid Eternity, Static, Aquagirl and Miss Martian are the kids who decide to stay

It looks like Bombshell is taking on the 'moody loner who doesn't play well with others' role from Rose, which is fine, since she seems to be being groomed for a solo book of her own or something. Having the two of them on the same team would be a surfeit of chick-tosterone, methinks.

Kid Eternity feels like he belongs in a Vertigo book. I like the idea, but I'm not sure how 'team-friendly' his power is. It's a little too awesome, if he can channel the power of the dead he contacts, and a little dangerous to any sort of mystery plot if he can just contact any dead spirit and ask it questions. Still, perhaps this has already been thought of.

I liked Red Devil with powers better than Eddie-in-suit, but I'm sure he can touch it up and make it a little more up to date. He's been one of my favorites of this new band of Titans.

Love Miss Martian, am loving what I'm seeing so far of this new Aquagirl (Tula never really made much of any impression on me, and I'm afraid my big reaction when she died in Crisis was 'oh no, Aqualad's girlfriend!') and Static really seems likely to be a bit more than the rest of the team is ready for, given his solo career. It would not at all be out of the question for him to end up in charge of this iteration of the Titans!

Argent would also have been on my short list of wannabe members, but I'll see what they do with Blue Beetle or Cassie, who, IMO, have had some fairly formulaic roles lately (comic relief for Beetle, leader-with-doubts for Wonder Girl v2.0).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

TEEN TITANS #70: Pretty much the events of the previous DEATHTRAP issues from the POV of the *Teen* Titans, with added exploding plane footage (this figured way too prominently in the story, I thought). I guess it did serve to bring Ravager back to the cast and to set the stage for a confrontation with her brother.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.