Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When did Rose get precognitive powers? Did I miss something?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
DEATHSTROKE #51 (1995)
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#71: Ravager pays a visit and converses with Eddie, WG and Bombshell-- I like her more here than I ever have. I'm glad she'll get exposure in the upcoming back-up. I hope it's successful and that when she rejoins the team (or whatever), that other Titan characters get similar opportunity.

Kid E. is good for a fake out. There's one scene where the grouped Titans appear and there with them is Pantha. It took me a second to notice the 'glow' and realize that KE (as himself) wasn't with the team. He also has an interesting convo with WG.

I liked Yildiray Cinar's work here. I'm unfamiliar with this artist but I hope he/she gets more assignments.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Pantha? I thought it was Fever...who died during the Terror Titans storyline.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The new solicit for TEEN TITANS # 75 is up at newsarama, and the new writer for the series is named... Felicia D. Henderson, a TV writer that's worked for FRINGE, GOSSIP GIRLS, MOESHA.

TV writers taking over comics have resulted in a some good work, some less so. I just hope she can maintain the schedule. That's really my only concern.

The cover shown has all the current members except Kid Devil and Kid Eternity. Which is alarming considering the cover to *last* month's issue featuring a coffin.

I wondered if that coffin might be that of an already dead Titan, unearthed for some reason. But I guess that's less than likely. Unfortunately.

I'm really tired of Titan deaths, but I'm hardly alone in that.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well ML, then you might want to avoid TITANS #15. There's a preview of it up on DC's Blog spot. It's dedicated to Tempest, and he mentions some unhappy news.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Well ML, then you might want to avoid TITANS #15. There's a preview of it up on DC's Blog spot. It's dedicated to Tempest, and he mentions some unhappy news.

where the preivews?!?!? I want to see! [Frown] link, please. [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

oopppss double-posting. sorry. my fault entirely.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Now to be fair, this is merely written in caption dialouge, so take it for what it's worth. And don't click if you don't want a preview.
DC blog - The Source

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Geez, Tempest has some seriously bad luck. Poor guy.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

both Garths always have bad luck - Aqualad and Lightning Lad.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Read the latest Teen Titans with the kids all out on the town (I may be one behind still, not sure) and I was shocked. Was a Teen Titans comic...actually pretty good? I think it actually might have been.

Miss Martian continues to be endearing, Static is a welcome addition and even Bombshell was good this issue. The Traci 13 / Blue Beetle / Aquagirl romantic triangle tension was interesting to see. As a former reader of Beetle's title, I personally like him with Traci, but I like the influx of some new tensions. The Beetle / Devil friendship is also a highlight of the last year of the series for me since so much of it was bad.

Cassie continues to be brooding to the point of making the Punisher seem like Mary Poppins. Enough already. Have Kon-El and Robin show back-up and lets see some progress.

The series feels like its so close to getting back on track, but its felt that way before like ten times since Geoff left and each time has taken two steps backwards. I hope the line-up stays stable, adding some stability to the title itself, and DC's "shock" mentality recedes. But with Didio directly editing the title, I doubt it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Raven & Changling (Beast Boy--ughh, change it back!) rejoin the Teen Titans rather than the other title.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Words cannot express how much I hated the cover to #74. Cynical with no wit, jaded with no irony- in short, the very worst qualities of storytelling prevalent in the last couple of decades encapsulated in one boring picture.

Thankfully, the insides are much better.

It wasn't fun seeing Click Here For A Spoiler Eddie die heroically. I sort of expect that unexamined metagene and his 'Devil' persona to kick in, though.

However, the story was skillfully presented, I thought.

I'm tired of depressed-at-every-turn Wonder Girl and look forward to her post-Superboy-reunion appearances. I did like that she found her resolve, but I think a conversation with Donna or Diana would've been welcome. I don't want the mentors making frequent appearances, but characterization-building visits shouldn't be avoided, either.

I was expecting Kid Eternity to be kidnapped by someone connected to the Black Lantern story. I enjoyed the surprise of being wrong and was pleasurably disturbed by Click Here For A Spoiler Calculator's kidnapping of the kid and the creepy use to which he's putting KE's power. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but I'm betting there'll be consequences...

I found it sad how the Titans KE called his friends spoke of him.

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been reading this one, too [Smile]

I liked a little Fearsome Five action, Shimmer and Jinx needed a little page time. Wonder Girl is making a bit sick, she gets really interesting and then she gets depressed, she seems to do that a lot. I really like Kid E's addition, I think he could make for a very interesting story line.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope you're right about Eddie, Toddkins... that (what happened) really annoyed me!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.