Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
In the interest of keeping this thread going here are a few questions I hope everyone can answer (and I mean everyone!)

Best you movie you last saw in the theaters?

Favorite Legion cover?

Favorite sport?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here I am...

Name: that's classified
From: Minnesota, where the grass is green (when it isn't cold), the lakes are clear (when it isn't cold), and the skies are blue (when it isn't cold.)

Legion lore: A fan of DnA, I signed on when they did. "Widening Rifts" is my favourite arc. Chuck Taine came in swinging a wrench, no powers just gutsy; he became my favourite character. I've picked up a few of the archive editions, I can see why fans are so devoted to the team.

Other comics: I'm a Batfan too. JSA and JLA too. PLANETARY is good when it comes out, and SOJOURN was a great book.

When not reading comics, I'm playing softball or checking out some band at the club. I do work, but not in a history museum. I'm a technophobe, better with an abacus than a computer. Took me a while to get here, but I made it. See you fanatics around.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Will
Where you live: Aurora, CO

Legion info: My favorite characters are Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Cosmic Boy, Dream Girl, and GiGi Cusimano (all Post-Boot of course). I started reading LSH when Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel got married way back in Superboy # 200. And my favorite story was the Great Darkness Saga.

I love playing tabletop RPG's, especially Mutants and Masterminds, and am planning on starting a Legion group for that game soon.

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, the most recent movie I saw at the theatre was the Punisher(two thumbs up!)

Favorite Legion Cover: Hmmm... that's a tough one, there's been some great ones, but I think the issue where SuperBoy was flying away crying after he found out how the Kents died..

Favorite Sport:Uhhmmm... Magno-ball?

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll answer my own questions too:

-Most recent movie I saw in theater was Kill Bill Vol. 2 again, which was freaking awesome. I can't get enough of it, and I can't reccomend it enough. Go see it!

-Favorite Legion cover: I'm going to go with Keith Giffen's cover during the Omen and Prophet story with Ultra Boy, Mon-El, and a few others shooting out of the cover. Very dramatic and it's always stuck with me as a favorite for some reason.

-Favorite sport is hockey. I played it for over ten years, from when I was a wee lad to a high-school star, and it's still my favorite watching it today (although I never get the chance to play it anymore).

Everyone else, I expect answers!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't replied to this go-round? About time, I'd say ...

"Real" name: Steve

Alter ego: Greybird

Origin of alter ego: One of Dawnstar's younger brothers ("Who's Who in the LSH" 1, 1988)

Partners: Single

Where I live and work: Los Angeles

What I do: Use my intellect, really, but to earn money, I do Windows support, typography, and copyediting

Legion fan since: 1982, in a serious way, though I'd read it on occasion since the late 1960s

Fave Legion characters: Dawnstar, Wildfire, Dream Girl, Timber Wolf, Saturn Girl

Worst Legion characters: None (that joined honestly)

Fave Legion creators: Paul Levitz, Jim Sherman, Steve Lightle, Greg LaRocque, Dan Jurgens, Pat Broderick, Keith Giffen (pre-Crisis only)

Worst Legion creators: Keith Giffen (since 1989) ... nope, no one else comes close

Fave Legion stories: Great Darkness Saga, Universo Project, Earthwar, and the ongoing Dawny - Drake romance over 12 story years

Worst Legion stories: Omen and Prophet, everything after Magic Wars and before Zero Hour

Fave Legion single issue: "LSH" v2 n311, the end of Dawnstar's vision quest

Worst Legion single issue: Anything by TMK, take your pick

Fave Legion cover: "LSH" v3 n38, the passing of Superboy (Sienkiewicz's painting)

Fave Legion era: Levitz's writing, 1977-1989

Fave visual art: Winged humanoids, van Gogh's "Starry Night," Jose Manuel Capuletti

Fave films from before I was born: "Casablanca," "The Philadelphia Story," "Citizen Kane," about 20 others

Fave films from since I was born: "The Apartment," "Yentl," "Moulin Rouge," about 30 others

Best movie I last saw in theaters: "Spartan," by David Mamet, with Val Kilmer

Best movie I last saw on DVD: "Big Fish," by Tim Burton

Fave book authors: Ayn Rand, Donald Harington, L. Neil Smith, J. Neil Schulman, Ira Levin

Fave music creators: Beethoven, Puccini, the Gershwins, Cole Porter, John Williams

Fave music performers: Barbra Streisand, k.d. lang, Frank Sinatra, Placido Domingo

Fave sports: Baseball (when the Cubs, White Sox, Dodgers, or Angels make the playoffs), Northwestern Wildcats football

Fave foods: Toasted bagels, eggs Benedict, deviled eggs, New York cheesecake

Worst foods: Peanut butter, marshmallows

Current activities: Looking for more work ... and more Legion fan-fiction, and more non-fan-fiction, and trying, after some years, to get my Dawnstar Website fully on line

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Whew, talk about complete!

Movie: Troy, it was pretty good but I kinda hated the ending.

Cover: tough one, but the twin covers of Legionnaires 47 and LSH 91 come to mind...

Sport: Badminton, since it's about the only one I play. Swimming, too.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Movie: I don't go to the cinema. When I was younger I became a bit worried that if I "jumped" or anything then other people would point at me and laugh at me! What started as an irrational worry has now overwhelmed my brain and I don't think I've been to the cinema for a few years now...

Cover: Hmm. I liked the Alan Davis ones. But my favourite was LSH 297 or something - the one with the Legion academy! They all looked great! Shame Lamprey never appeared again though!

Sport: Pah! I became a comics fan coz I hate sport!

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Most recent movie: Hellboy. A superior grade of B-movie. Good fun.

Favorite Legion cover: I don't have one. Seriously.

Favorite sport: Baseball, although TPTN of this sport are doing everything they can to cure me of this. I'm also developing an interest in soccer.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Favorite sport: Toss-up between kickball and dodgeball.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Adding to the madness:

BEST movie I last saw in a theatre: Return of the King

Favourite sport: I live softball from January through July. It's what keeps me from posting here more often.

Favourite Legion Cover: Legion #1! It just looked that cool.

And, because I'm curious:

What favourite comic got cancelled in the last year?

Who is a favoured comic creator(s)?

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

And UTS,
We got leagues of both for adults here in Minneapolis. I'm looking to get a team, if you're interested.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

Stu
Time Trapper

Interested, but a bit too far away at the moment, unfortunately. [Frown]

Unless... [Gates] [Wink]

[ May 29, 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: UTS ]

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
What favourite comic got cancelled in the last year?

The John Arcudi/Tan Eng Huat version of DOOM PATROL (though maybe that was over a year ago, I'm not sure).

I'm going to get the new DP coming out next month, but I think it'll be a poor replacement... [Frown]

Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Used parts of Greybird's template.....

"Real" name: Richard

Alter ego: Chameleon Boy

Partners: Single

Where I live: Belmont, CA USA

Where I work: Menlo Park, CA USA

What I do: I am a part time hairdresser and I do graphic art and trying to stay healthy....

Legion fan since: 1969

Fave Legion characters: Chameleon Boy, Dawnstar, Wildfire, Element Lad, Timber Wolf, Dragonmage or White Witch (the Legion needs a mystical character)

Fave Legion creators: Dave Cockrum, Mike Grell, Paul Levitz, Jim Sherman, Steve Lightle, Greg LaRocque, Dan Jurgens, Pat Broderick, Keith Giffen (pre-Crisis only)

Worst Legion creators: Keith Giffen (since 1989), Ric Estrada and Arvell Jones (mostly fill-ins but pretty aweful work. Jack Abel, my all time least favorite inker!!

Fave Legion stories: Great Darkness Saga, Universo Project, Earthwar Saga (If only James Sherman would have finished that one.... sigh....) "The Attack of the Infinite Man" by Levitz, Sherman, Wiacek, Oda and Berube and the back up by Levitz, Nasser, Layton, Oda and Berube from Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes #233, perfect issue from cover to cover!!

[Chameleon Boy]

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.