Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Name - Keven (yes, that's the ways it's spelled)

Age - 28 (I feel like a young'un around here)

Where I live - Wonderful Warren, yet another Southeastern MI, suburban Detroit location; maybe we should have a convention or something

What I do - teach history to junior high and high school students at a small private school; coach a soccer team on the side

Legion info - I've been reading the Legion for as long as I can remember. I've quit and come back so many times that I finally realized that I would be reading this comic till I died. I got hooked to the message boards back when the LMB first organized. I joined as Super Lad Kid with the ability to mimic any smell I have ever encountered, but I never took part in the adventures. I lurked around for a couple of years until I finally spoke up on these boards.

What I do for fun - Teaching and coaching pretty much takes up most of my time (no complaints, though, I love it!), but when I get the time, I love to watch Start Trek: Next Generation reruns, play computer-RPG games, or keep up with the latest on current events. I'm also pretty heavily invovled with my church. I love watching college football and pro-basketball.

Movies - just been introduced to Bond movies and I love them; haven't seen much of the late- Moore/Dalton era, but I'm working on it

Music - classical/quasi-classical? (Josh Groban, Charlotte Church, Sarah Brighton, Andrea Boccelli - not really sure how to classify them, but I always find them under the classical section in the store)

I'd usually rather be lurking, but I make myself post on here just to break out of my "on-line shell". I'm really more outgoing in real life than I am around here for some reason.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
Music - classical/quasi-classical? (Josh Groban, Charlotte Church, Sarah Brighton, Andrea Boccelli - not really sure how to classify them, but I always find them under the classical section in the store)

Keven, given your musical taste, I think you'd also like Alessandro Safina and Mario Frangoulis. Give them a listen some time.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
quote:

Keven, given your musical taste, I think you'd also like Alessandro Safina and Mario Frangoulis. Give them a listen some time.
Will do. Thanks for the advice.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thora
Mad hot like a Romulan Supermodel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thora           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Thora

Favorite Legionnaire: The Female ones

--------------------
On MY world, which your robot space-probes contacted only a month ago, a superior MATRIARCHAL system exists! There, women are the stronger, dominant sex!

From: Taltar | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thora:
Name: Thora

Favorite Legionnaire: The Female ones

Thora you look hot did you get a new haircut!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was the eff-me pumps she was wearing ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Quiero mandar un cariñoso saludo a Sharkland desde Valencia que queda en el sur de España al lado del Mediterraneo.
Larga Vida a la Legion!

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
Quiero mandar un cariñoso saludo a Sharkland desde Valencia que queda en el sur de España al lado del Mediterraneo.
Larga Vida a la Legion!

Well, I got the last line.... Hear! Hear!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahem, allow me:

"Quiero mandar un cariñoso saludo a Sharkland desde Valencia que queda en el sur de España al lado del Mediterraneo.
Larga Vida a la Legion!"

I would like to send a very warm greeting to Sharklad (sic) from Valencia, which is located in the south of Spain next to the Mediterranean.

Long Live the Legion!

[ October 06, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Varalent ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you Varalent. I wish I spoke Spanish.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Thank you Varalent. I wish I spoke Spanish.

My pleasure, FC.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
In addition to all his other magnificent attributes, Vee is the official translator of Legion World. [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
hey fc,

yo quiero taco bell ...

Hola Empress,

nunca he estado en Valencia ... conozco al Pais Vasco, Galicia y Barcelona ...

Hey Vee,

que pasa hombre?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Tortilla! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Name - Keven (yes, that's the ways it's spelled)

[Cool] Neat! [Cool]

I guess that would make your Kryptonian given name Kev En, huh? [Big Grin]

One of my favorite folk rockers is Kevn Kinney from drivin' n' cryin' .

[ October 07, 2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Low-Middle-Income Lad ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.