Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to be rude at this stage of the game but I MUST insist that interested meta humans (and others) cease this constant interference with the medical staff.
Cobalt just barely pulled through a very dangerous incident. The staff here are extremely skilled and perform at heroic levels, we owe them a great debt.

Clive is great danger himself as I speak.

You MUST ask permission of the staff before entering the rooms of the LMBers under their care. Be warned also that they are instructed to summon me if they have the slightest doubt as to your intent. Yes it will upset me if I'm forced to swat you like a bug but you should know that I have no reservations about doing whatever is necessary to protect my charges.

This means YOU.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<after a heroic effort to try to revive him, Doctor One declares Clive dead>

<official cause of death noted as massive trauma to the heart by way of a large sharp weapon, most probably a broadsword>

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<by Cobalt's bedside>

You told me to trust you--and I didn't. I thought you were being arrogant and stupid, and well...maybe I was the one being those things.

I should have stayed by your side, you said you needed me. But I was so angry at you, after that fight with Lard Lad.

And maybe...maybe I was angry about something else.

And now you might die and if I'd only been there to help you. If I only believed in you.

Where did you go when you went up into that mountain? Of the five of you that went, now one is dead and you--Oh God...

<sobbing>

Cobie, I'm sorry. P-Please...please don't die. I'm sorry...

I love you

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<sometime later>

I failed you. I didn't trust you when you asked me to, I forgot that believing in you was what kept me safe all these years.

Well, I won't fail you again. You told me you admired that I never stopped working, I never stopped being useful. Well, I'm useless to you now, sitting here crying my eyes out. Not when there is still hope.

I hope they can save you, Cobie. But I hope I can do something useful now--by bringing down the one who shot you.

And I think I know where to start.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<later, at Cobalt's bedside, Lardy 'ports in>

<looks him over, reaches out with power>

Gods...you're just barely holding on, aren't you?

<rubs his eyes>

I'm so confused...my memories...the past couple of days I'm getting flashes of my missing two years all of a sudden. All since...since Clive died. Gods, did I kill him? I remember killing someone with my sword....it's all hazy.

<looks at Cobalt>

Then there's you. I still have that memory of you blocking my escape from Legion World's core--it's so vivid! But...

<looks down>

...maybe it wasn't really you...or maybe someone controlled you...I dunno. I thought about going after Clive....he made me so angry always calling me a fraud and he hurt poor Tim. But I wouldn't kill him, would I?

<senses something>

What's that? It...it's like there's part of me inside your head--or is it inside your soul? But is it helping you...or hurting you? I--could remove it, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do....

<hands shaking, he grasps Cobalt's hand>

I...I just wish we were still friends again. I wish all of this shit had never happened.....

<his eyes tear up>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<still comatose, still on the verge of death, the merest movement can be seen moments after Lardy grabs Cobalt's hand; a remnant of older, more fun days; Cobalt smiles>
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Moving into the room, 3G quietly crosses to Lard Lad's side. He stands unmoving for several minutes watching the two heroes allowing Lard Lad time with his thoughts and with his long time ally.

Speaking very softly he says, "Lardy. It's good of you to come here. I know there have been fireworks between you two but to me it just shows the depth of your long time relationship. You're a good friend."

Side by side two very different members of a Legion started many years ago stand over the unmoving body of their long time companion.

"Listen, when you're done here will you join me outside the room? I have to speak to you for a moment and we have Virgin Lad to consider..we can speak off panel if you'd rather."

Lard Lad turns his head slightly toward 3G, gives him a long look then his gaze slides to the LMBP ring on the Gay Green Giants finger.

"I have to clear my name."

Still keeping his voice low the giant replies, "I know. But not with me. I trust you to do what's right."

Lardy remains silent for a time. "Sure. I'll be out in a bit."

--------------------

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<soon>

Hi, 3G.

<looks around furtively>

It's not safe for me to be here for long. Outside of the Rookery, I'm fair game for the Security Officers. So we haven't much time...what do you need?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

"Take this."

The Green Giant hands Lard Lad a tiny drop of metal no bigger than a freckle.

"It's a highly secure comm device tied in to the systems at PCG headquarters. Blue can keep you in the loop and feed you updates as required. Use our information systems when you need to. It's safe."

GG's brows furrow and his eyes narrow as he looks intently into Lard Lad's eyes.

"I need you to clear your name and restore your rep, the young LMBers need the leadership your generation provides. It's more important than you seem to realize to end this feud between you and Cobie once and for all.
Look. If you two can't stop fighting then soon there won't be a Legion for the youngsters and it's just too damned important. There are too many threats out there to leave things undefended or to leave our long term survival to chance. This world needs it's heroes. Be one of them."

He pulls at his upper lip and takes two steps away from Lardy then turns back toward his part time team mate,

"I don't believe you did this to Cobalt Kid. Where things stand right now you're in a unique position to get to the bottom of this while you're still on the run. The LMB Security office is against you and that puts the villain of this piece in your corner or at least it puts them in a place where they think they can use you to their own ends. Call on the Primary Color Gang for backup if it gets too tight.

God help you if I'm wrong about you. If you really did do this there won't be a place in the seven known galaxies you can hide from me."

Speaking softly he moves forward again and reaches out to touch Lard Lad on the shoulder his eyes sad and his voice turned husky,

"One more thing. Go see Clive before you leave here. Word has it he's your son, you'll only ever have this one chance for closure. We'll be arranging to ship his remains to Shanghalla soon and I don't want you to be caught until you solve this.
Go."

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Thank you, 3G...it means a lot to have you and the Primary Colors on my side.

<'ports to the morgue>

<pulls the sheet back to expose Clive's face, touches his cheek>

Oh, Clive...I-I'm starting to remember bits and pieces about you. We...had precious little time together, you and I. I...

<fresh tears stream down>

...I remember now that I loved you. Gods, what happened, Clive? Why did you hate me so? Why were you...why were you so sure I wasn't the real thing? Why were you driven to act the way you did? And... <shaking his head> ...who killed you?

<clenches his fists>

This is so wrong--so fucking WRONG!!!

<regains composure>

I'll avenge you, little one. I promise.

<kisses Clive's forehead>

Maybe...maybe Dedman can help me. Sometimes, the recently deceased linger in the Poltergeist Area, like Hugh did. Maybe...god......

<breaks down crying>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<later>

Gods...I need a drink.

<shakes his head>

no...that's not a good idea for so many reasons.

I'm pressing my luck here--back to the Rookery...

<'ports out>

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<bursts into the emergency room>

Medic! Medic! We got a live one here!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Righ behind you Sharky! Doctors, we've found a John Doe, on the brink of death but somehow still holding on! He's been attacked like the others, only neither of us has any idea how long ago that was.

You'll see the damage done to his hands and face...its impossible to tell who he is without some real analysis.

This attack appears to be taken place prior to Cobie or Clives...

<catches breath as John Doe is rushed away>

What in the world is happening on Legion World?

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
dunno, Lolita, but I've got my suspicions about "John Doe" here ... this all started when Exnihil called for a new election ... "olly olly oxen free" indeed ... no way Ex could have known what he was calling for was chaos ... still, I can't prove anything yet but I think we just found out why the Election Tyrant has been so quiet ...

<looks around Medicus two thoughtfully>

Man, this place stinks like death ... I got to go see matlock ... hopefully, he's done with Everyday Girl by now ... I know the Office of Security isn't really a comfortable place for you right now, so maybe we can meet up later at Shakes?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Sounds good, but why we make it Cafe Cramer instead? I definitely don't want to go back to the Office of Security yet. Tell Matlock to come along too, so we can compare notes.

And keep an eye out for Tomahawk! He's suddenly moved up the list of suspects.

<walks down the hall to see Cobie>

Still no change... [sigh]

I'm trying Cobie...I really am...

<holds hand>

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.