Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
<Walks into Cobie's room with a thoughtfull expression on his face, staring at the ring Cobalt gave him as a joke so many years ago...>

Well Cobie... <He gestures and a green energy field envelops the Medi-Regen Bed.> ...let's see if you made the right choice when you gave me this ring.

<A look of intense concentration clowds Abin's face as Cobie floats a few inches off of the bed for a moment before gently returning to rest. The monitors above the bed creep slightly back toward normal healthy readings, but it is obvious that the efforts of Abin's ring have only slowed the effects of the damage, not reversed them.>

There's more than poison at work here...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<later, a shadowy figure enters the room where Clive's body awaits transport to Shanghalla>

<moments later, the figure leaves, carrying a canister>

<there is no trace of Clive's body where it had been>

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<not far off, Everyday Girl's Security Officers arrive with a badly beaten Sir Roy, suffering from blunt force trauma to the head and cuts around the hands and face>

*cough*

i-i think i feel worse than before...must be in worse...shape...than i thought...

someone get word...to quis...

rockhopper lad and hrun...lords of the white...looks like i've failed thee now in this grave time of danger...

<passes out, as doctors rush him to a room not far from Cobalt Kid and where Clive's body once was>

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<'ports by Cobalt Kid's bedside>

Alright, Des...I gotta take something outta ya that was mine. Just so you know...Lolita told me I should do it.

<closes his eyes and puts his right hand on Cobalt's head>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<concentrating>

There it is...a piece of my soul. Can I extract it without hurting Des?

<navigates through>

Can't access it without removing it...just as I suspected...but it doesn't appeared to be tethered to anything else there...maybe it did what it needed to when I gave it to him and has just sort of been there since...

I'll give a little "tug" to test the waters a little, so to speak. If there's no reaction, I'll pull a little more...

<concentrates and exerts a "tug">

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<opens eyes and looks at monitors>

Okay...barely a blip on his readouts. Let's tug a little harder...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks at monitors>

Still nothing.

Okay, if Des were in any way dependant on that piece of me to keep him alive, something would have happened to indicate it.

Okay, Des...here goes......

<Lardy concentrates and focuses all of his being on retrieving that piece of himself from Cobalt>

<sweat pours from Lardy's brow as he, delicately as possible, extracts it>

Argh!

<a blue light momentarily surrounds and he falls backwards to the floor>

I-I've got it...

<looks feverishly at the monitors and sees no change>

G-good, I--

<his eyes flutter as a huge rush of memory crashes into his brain>

...oohhhhhh...

<passes out>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<eyes pop open>

Oh, gods--NO!!!

<looks around feverishly, eyes tearing up>

G-gotta get out of here....

<'ports away>

[ February 21, 2009, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting.

3G opens his Omni-pod and sends a quick text to Yellow.

The nurse opens the door and looks inside.
"Everything ok?"

"Yes. I think he was having a bad dream or something but he's quiet now."

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
<Steps quietly into Sir Roy's room.>

Hmm... Still sleeping, apparently the sedative hasn't worn off yet.

I hope you wake up soon Roy 'cuz Brit forgot to ask you one simple question; What were you looking for on that street? The only things around there are a couple of small machine shops and Abin's old fixit shop...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
<looks at monitors>

Still nothing.

Okay, if Des were in any way dependant on that piece of me to keep him alive, something would have happened to indicate it.

Okay, Des...here goes......

<Lardy concentrates and focuses all of his being on retrieving that piece of himself from Cobalt>

<sweat pours from Lardy's brow as he, delicately as possible, extracts it>

Argh!

<a blue light momentarily surrounds and he falls backwards to the floor>

I-I've got it...

<looks feverishly at the monitors and sees no change>

G-good, I--

<his eyes flutter as a huge rush of memory crashes into his brain>

...oohhhhhh...

<passes out>

<hand moves suddenly>

*body shakes...eyes flutter*

*cough*

*cough*

...l-lardy...?

...what in liberty's name...?

<looks around, dazed and very weak, taking everything in>

medicus two? but why? how could...healing powers...remember a shot fired...

<looks at tubes and machines plugged into body>

this won't do at all...

<pulls out tubes; suddenly tries to get out of bed>

where is everyone? what's happening?

<tries to walk out of room>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

[EDITORIAL NOTE: er...can someone notce that Clive's body is missing? Thanks! [Smile] ]

--------------------

Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
<Hears the noise from Cobalt kids room and rushes over there, arriving just behind Doc One's Hot nurse who is trying to get Cobie back into his Mrdical Regeneration Unit Bed.>

Boss, you quit giving the nice nurse a hard time and get your butt back into the bed, NOW!

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My Whee Fem! Thank Liberty! C'mere...

<puts arm around her neck, shifts weight so she's holding him up>

I'm not trying to feel you up...promise...(we can do that later if you're good [Wink] )...this nurse doesn't seem to realize we've got work to do...

<starts trying to walk to the door>

Bring me up to speed on *everything*. I think Lard Lad was here. I wonder where Lolita has been? I was shot, and I should have been able to heal myself--so this is very odd. I have some suspicions about who did it, but I feel like whatever you can tell me will slim that list down.

*cough*

*cough*

<feels dizzy>

...dammit!...need to get it together...

My, did the nurse mention there were other people here at Medicus Two? Have their been more attacks?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Careful there Cobes. Let Hello Nurse help, you've been out of it for a couple of days days, don't push yourself.

While you've been here people have been popping in and out like bleedin' fireflies.

I think it's best to arrange transport to the Security Office so your crew can bring you up to speed..if you think you're up to making the trip.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.