Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf watches his brother leave. "Dang, he is not doing good..." he says under his breath.

"So, when do you all want to start this thing?" He says as he looks between Lardy and Cobalt Kid.

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've...gotta see her.

<thinks> Could Dev be interested in her, too? Guess it'll be a moot point if she doesn't come out of her coma...

<stands, only slightly wobbly>

Mm. Feels good to stand on my own to feet again!

<wobbles some more> Er, could one of you help me to Tempest's room?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<looks back at T-Wolf> We'll meet in a coupla hours (OOC: meaning tomorrow) and get to work. We need to allow some time for all the LMBers who can participate to come in. That's assuming the Bee doesn't attack in the interim.

If I were you, Lon, I'd be careful with her and be sure. Not trying to preach, but she's as bad as another woman who destroyed my life back in the day. I...I've never been the same. Just think about it.

Now, could you help me to Tempest's room?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
"C'mon big guy."

Timberwolf lets Lardy lean on him and walks him down the hall.

As they walk, Lon takes the time to say a few things low enough so that Lardy only hears the, "I am beeng careful, and I know what I am getting myself into with her. I'm not my brother...I'm not a boy scout."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'm not either, man. But, I...should never have involved myself with Kalla. Dru had just died--in fact Kalla played a part in that. I was as happy as I've ever been. She and her superiors took it all away, and I literally got in bed with the enemy to get my revenge. I...was in a very dark place. Just...just please keep your eyes open, pal. <pats him on the shoulder>

<arrives at Tempest's room> I think I can take it from here... <opens the door and limps in>

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
A Doctor is looking at her chart.

"Oh, you're a friend of the patients? I'll leave you then."

the Doctor turns and leaves.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Oh...Tempest. <tears up a little> I wish I was there to fight by your and Roy's side that day. I...I really miss him.

I barely know you, but you are just the type of person I need in my life--one who won't take my shit and who can give as good as you take! <holds her hand> There's more to me than the bluster and swagger I let everyone see, and I think you know it. I hope to the gods that you pull through, and I get the chance to know you better. You are a remarkable woman.

<continues holding her hand and appears to bow his head in prayer as he lingers for a while>

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<As Dev and Lardy tend to the sick and wounded, Cobalt rushes over to Timberwolf and Kalla Hrykos before they depart>

Wait. I’d have us speak some more before you go. You’ve been my enemy for so long that I’m having trouble seeing you otherwise. But I do realize that for many years I’ve had my spies and agents in the Dark Oval collecting knowledge, and here you are, likely with more knowledge than you realize to the inner workings of the Dark Oval.

“I told you Cobalt…” starts Timberwolf.

Cobalt holds up his hand. “It would help me get more comfortable with the idea, Timberwolf. You see, Kalla and I have never actually met face to face before; we’ve only ever battled from a distance or through our allies.”

Kalla nods, her face deadly serious. “What would you like to know? I am not an open book. You should know I won’t tell you everything, giving you cause to discard me after you’ve had your fill.”

“Tell me about the Red Bee. What do you know? During the Invasion, the Dark Oval freed him and took him back to their lands. I’ve never lost sight of that—and what he did to Lolita—so I’ve constantly had my agents looking for him. I know he escaped during the counter-Invasion I led. But for roughly 70 days, the Dark Oval had him and ran tests. With the Dominion as one of the five powers, surely you must have realized something?”

Kalla considers whether she should speak further, but after sharing a glance at Timberwolf, she decides to share her knowledge: “The Dominion’s studies revealed what was already suspected. The Red Bee is a member of a race known as the Scutellata. We know this because the Scutellata were once citizens of what is now the Dark Oval.” She pauses, but then continues. “Based on the your knowledge you may be aware that one of the five powers of the Dark Oval is the Hive; they are a gruesome, horrific race that work and conquer based on the will of their Queen. Such has it always been for the Hive. They are the furthest from the UP and one of the Dark Oval’s great secrets is the inner workings of their existence.

The Hive have lived for many millennia; along the course of their evolution, they have eliminated rogue elements to ensure all loyalty lay with the Queen. 1,000 years ago, there were many members of the Hive that were not workers serving the Queen; these were rogue killers, having no master and desiring only battle. They were known as the Scutellata. This offshoot of the Hive race had a brief civil war with the rest and when the numbers were too much to overcome, they left the Hive planet and journeyed into the stars to conquer other races, beyond even what is today the Dark Oval borders.”

Kalla pauses again, as Timberwolf and Cobalt Kid listen intrigued.

“The Scutellata were never seen from or heard of again. It is unknown whether they settled on another planet or still exist to this today. 1,000 years later and no known record exists, not in the UP, the Khanate of Sol Invictus or the Dark Oval. You can see then, the utter shock of the Dominion when they discovered the Red Bee, a renowned enemy of Legion World and the LMB far away from the Dark Oval, turned out to be one of the missing Scutellata.”

“But what’s even more amazing is the Scutellata, while ferocious, never once displayed the immense powerset the Red Bee has. They had no abilities to summon swarms or become them; no biological toxin they could release into others. The telepathic abilities yes, stemming from the Hive’s own biology, but that is basically it. And they certainly don’t look like human beings.”

She now exhaled; glad to be done with her story. “That is all I know about him, and indeed, all the Dominion ever learned other that how to counter his toxins, which as you’ve seen, only works 33.3% of the time. He soon killed all his captors and escaped.”

Timberwolf stood in shock, because after all of these years and all of the deaths caused by the Red Bee, they finally had some semblance of knowledge about him.

Cobalt Kid, however, had a face of stone, showing no emotion. Timberwolf knew that look and realized he was working things out in his head. Cobalt at last spoke: “I think I know more of the secret origin of the Red Bee.”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Now Kalla Hrykos had a look of curiosity on her face, as Timberwolf also turned towards Cobalt. “What do you mean, Cobie? What do you know?”

Cobalt was still arranging his thoughts, looking away but spoke. “I’ve had agents in the Dark Oval for several years, as well as many in the Khanate of Sol Invictus…and ‘other places’. Before it was the Khanate, it was a loose affiliation of planets mistakenly referred to by the UP as “the Barbarian Hordes”. It was much easier to navigate then as the disunity allowed my agents to pierce deep into the territory. One specific agent has always had the particular orders to gather as much local lore as she can get, to fill our files with history and mythology as a better way to understand. And amazingly enough, one legend seems to connect to this story.”

Cobalt now looked at them in the eyes. His last words had him fumbling around his own knowledge but he now seemed to be more direct in what he was saying. “In the Barbarian Hordes there is planet known as Thrxcia; it is now a conquered part of the Khanate but until recently it was independent. They have a rich history with many legends, among them including a story of a race of conquering invaders they believe occurred about 900 years ago. They called them “the Bugs”, and these invaders were known for multiple limbs, multiple eyes and stingers. I believe this was the Scutellata. And if the timeline is correct, this is about 100 years after they left the Hive Planet. We know the Khanate borders the Dark Oval with a long border with a length we have no way to measure. Thrxcia is not far from the border with the D.O.

These “Bug people” savagely tormented the Thrxcians for several years, and the legend has it that in addition to being warriors, they had a super-science which allowed them to create a “Champion of their Race”. As the legend goes, the Champion was sadistic and soon found the Thrxcians to no longer satisfy his lust for battle, and so he turned on his makers…and then he wiped them out. When the dust settled, every single last living member of the “Bug people” were dead, and the “Champion” went off into space, never to be seen again.”

Cobalt stopped for a moment and silence permeated the room, as Timberwolf and Kalla considered the implications of this legend.

“The Red Bee, then. Meaning he is likely over 900 years old,” said Timberwolf.

“Yes. I suspect through science they artificially created him, which would explain all of his abilities. They likely had no idea how powerful they made him. What they did, and whether he is a mutant, or normal sentient experimented on or just artificially born are all facts lost to time—I suspect we’ll never really know. But they made him as their “Champion” and he turned on them and murdered every single member of their race. No further records in the D.O. or Khanate make mention of the Scutellata so its likely only the Bee survived. And he’s likely been terrorizing the galaxies for the last 900 years.”

“Does this knowledge help us in anyway?” asked Kalla.

Cobalt shook his head negatively. “I’m not sure…next to nothing is known about the Hive so we have no insight into any weaknesses. Yet, knowing something on the Red Bee helps me make peace with the “mystery” of our great enemy, and that is power in and of itself.”

“It also means he has at least one ability he’s kept hidden from us,” said Timberwolf. “He can change his form. He walks around like a man but he obviously is not. He’s some sort of grotesque bug, and even, a mutation or experiment of one. He takes great joy in attacking us, so holding that ability back has been by design.”

“He murdered his own race and set out into space 900 years ago, likely performing misdeeds all of this time, causing who knows what kind of chaos from planet to planet. It ends now.”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev turned to Lardy after a while. His face was not showing emotion anymore. "I need to get out of here for a little bit. Clear my head. Prepare for what's coming. I'll meet up with you guys when it's time."

He left Medicus 2 after stopping by Tempests room one last time. "I hope this works," he says and he is gone.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(As Dev Em leaves Tempest's room, leaving only Lard Lad by her bedside, a woman walks towards the room. She wears a long dark purple dress with a layer of chiffon over it, she has a wide rimmed hat on her head, with black chiffon draping down from it to her waist. No one in the hospital stops her, she enters Tempest's room and sees Chief Lardy. She walks over to Tempest and stands across from Lardy. From behind the black chiffon, two purple eyes glow.)

Leave

(Lardy is outside of Tempest's room in the chair next to the door, which is now closed. He has no recollection of what has just happened and honestly believes that he has willingly left. Meanwhile, back in the room, the woman picks up Tempest's chart.)

I received your call. Science has done all it can for you.

(The woman brushes Tempest's hair off her forehead.)

Little Theresia...

[ March 28, 2011, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev Em is brought in by an emergency crew.

Doctors start running back and forth.

They wheel him into an operating room and the doors shut.

Dev - Em
KIA

After a long surgery, Dev is wheeled into a room in the ICU ward.

The Doctors consult about his condition.

"He's as stable as we can get. Damned Durlan physiology moves the vitals around. Makes it impossible to work on, but probably saved his life."

"It'll be a few days before we'll see if he;s going to come out of the coma...and even then, there's a good chance that the neurological damage the Bees venom did may be irreversable."

"The serum we gave his team-mate does not seem to be working on him..."

[ March 10, 2011, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(After what seemed to be a couple of hours, the woman that has entered Tempest's room leaves Tempest's bedside. She turns to the patient.)

All right, but don't be long, your eyes need some exercise.

(The woman walks through the door, when she emerges on the other side, she is covered in green luminescent smoke. Her body fades from sight and she is gone.)

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

(Tempest's body lays still in cold hospital room. The sound of the medical machines the only noise. But while she seems to retain her coma status, in truth the woman who has just entered her room has relieved Tempest of that state. Now Tempest has chosen to remain still as she sends herself to another plane.

Unknown to the eye, ear and most trained psychic senses, Tempest wanders the Medicus until she comes across Dev Em.)

Dev. What have you done? I hope your thirst has been quenched.

Now it's time to bring you home.

[ March 09, 2011, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.