Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
As Dev lays in the room, his vital signs continually grow weaker. Slowly, but they are starting to fail.

[ March 10, 2011, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev Em, or at least his astral form, comes through the wall into the room.

When he sees Tempest, he breathes a sigh of relief, if such a thing was even possible in this situation; at the very least, his image went through the motions anyway. "Thank you. I wasn't sure if you heard anything or even understood what I was trying to say. I'm still not sure, but you're here and I need your help."

Tempest smiled and nodded.

"Before that though, Let me explain something. I'm not entirely out of my mind. I've been going through hell lately, and things started to go a bit out of control for me. My frustration level with everything in my life is higher than it has ever been and I needed to release it. The Red Bee provided me with that outlet."

He moved a little towards her and smiled.

"Shortly after our little back and forth at the Rookery, several ideas came to me. The first being that the Red Bee kept us from really developing a strategy because all we were doing was reacting to his attacks. We had no idea how to find him, so I talked to Cobalt Kid about an idea I had right after I visited you and gave that long rambling monologue. Sorry about that, but I didn't really know how to put certain things into words, and I wasn't sure who was listening...so I couldn't lay things out the way I really wanted to..."

--------------

Not too long ago on Medicus 2.

Dev pulled Cobalt Kid aside on Medicus 2. He pulled him into an empty room and Cobalt Kid made sure that it was clear.

"Listen, we already talked about Lolita's role in all this, and that she has agreed to help set up the Red Bee by letting me impersonate her, but I need you to let me do something else."

"Just name it Dev," Des said.

Dev lowered his head a little, "I need this fight..."

"We all need this fight..."

"No, I mean I need you to let me fight him to the death before you intervene."

"No. I can't let you do that."

"Look, I need to know something, and I think I can find it out if I die, or am at least close enough to death...I think that that would work too. Plus, I can help weaken him even more if I have nothing to loose."

"Dev, I don't think..."

"Timberwolf and Tempest are the keys to this working. He's good at field medicine, which you know, and she operates on a level that I don't understand, but I know somehow that she can help me if there's a problem at that point. I need you to trust me on this. I've been studying the Bee’s tactics and I have some ideas that should allow me to do some real damage...and take more punishment than I should have any right to and still come out the other side."

"Okay, I'm curious now..."

--------------

Dev turned and looked at his body laying on the hospital bed.

"Even with everything I planned, my body took more physical damage than I thought it would. He broke more bones at the end than I expected. My biggest concern was his biological toxin, and getting past it was the huge problem. The only reason I survived that is because of the fact that I am part Durlan. I set up tracks in my body at the points that he seems most intent on using it on his targets, those tracks flowed most of it through my body away from my nervous system and into my digestive tract...it's also why I threw most of it up during the last stages of the fight when I knew I was starting to fail."

Tempest raised her chin to him and gave him a small smirk, letting him know that she was impressed by his actions.

"The real problem I was going to encounter with it was the nerve damage that the toxin was going to cause no matter what I did...that took a lot of preparation...even for me. I duplicated my nervous system...not an easy thing to accomplish...it drove me a little over the edge these last couple days getting ready for it. It's in place, just hidden beneath the existing one, it just need to be attached, then I can sever the old one and purge it from my body. The new system will get slightly infected once it attaches, but it won't be anything that I need to worry about. The other injuries will heal soon enough, broken bones, cuts and bruises are not really a problem for someone who can fly."

"What was the purpose of all this, why bring yourself here?”

"To talk to her one more time, or at least know that she had moved on. I heard you talking about how you could see souls ...I never got a chance to really ask you about it, since you were in a coma by the time I even thought about it. I was afraid that you had died then...and that hit me in a way that I never expected.

He looks away from her, slightly embarrassed.

When Timberwolf found my wife’s body at the morgue and had it sent here, I hoped that it served as sort of an anchor, or tether for her. I took a huge gamble, and it paid off. I was able to get impressions from my wife once I entered this state of being. This place is one of the most beautiful yet frightening things I have ever experienced."

"Risky move on your part, this plane is dangerous to the most trained of persons."

"It was one I had to take...I needed to know that she was at peace...and I know she is now."

Tempest looked him in the eyes, "Why do you believe you needed me?"

Dev smiled. "Well, two things. Mainly is getting back, I've tried, but I have no idea how to get back in there," he says as he points to his body; "and secondly to thank you, if it wasn't for you, and my interaction with you, I might never have gotten this idea in the first place...as crazy as it was."

He moved towards her and lifted his hand to her cheek. "This is the craziest thing I have ever thought to try, something I would have never even dreamed off a few weeks ago...hell, this right now may all be a death dream anyway...but thank you. I'm finally ready to move on with my life, and it starts with getting my kids back."

He gently takes her face in his hands and gives her a soft kiss. "Thank you. If nothing else, I hope this is the beginning of a new friendship."

She smiled at him, she composed herself, “I think you’ve spent enough time here, are you ready to leave?”

"Yes. I owe you more than I can ever repay," he says as he closes his eyes.

Tempest puts her hands right about Dev’s heart, she twists her right hand until her nails point upward in an open fist. She thrusts her right arm up, opening her hand as she does, causing Dev’s body to shimmer in and out, until he quickly disappears, leaving this plane behind. Tempest smiles to herself, she let’s out a small laugh and fades out.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

<OOC: A big thanks to Tempest for helping me write parts of the above post and making it that much better sounding.>

Dev's body began to convulse in the table. The Doctors rushed in expecting the worst. His vital signs were all over.

"We're going to loose him," one of the Doctors yelled.

Dev Em Flatlined for 20 seconds, then a faint heartbeat started up again. Growing stronger slowly, it finally settled into an acceptable range.

"What was that?" a nurse asked, "What just happened?"

"I am not sure, but he seems to be leveling off," the Doctor said, "but whatever just happened, he seems to be stablizing. He's not out of the woods yet though."

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad quickly made his way to the hospital after the battle. The doctors were shocked at how well he looked. Sebastian said, "Emily's memories and my intelligence...my blood can help find a cure. I have traces of the Red Bees' toxin producers and Timber Wolf's healing factor in my system." He gave a blood sample to the doctors.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timber Wolf smiled at Question Lad. "You're okay kid. You got a little to learn about prep work, but I think you're getting there," he says with a huge smile on his face. "Watch this," he says as he points to Dev Em.
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

As they look at Dev, his eyes start to slowly, almost painfully open.

"Hey...bro," Dev says in an almost inaudible voice. "Did...we...win?" Dev says through shallow breaths,

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
"Yeah. Power Boy came in and delivered the deciding blow. Pretty impressive really. The kid here's got something he thinks will help you through this. It's yours if you want it."

He turns to Quesstion Kid. "You know. I am glad that what I did brought you down from that Red Bee high you were on...but let's never do that again. You did good out there today. Good planning."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thank you. We'll work together and fix what's broken," He said. "But first I'm going to need a lot of aspirin. There are too many memories in my head right now."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev shifts his gaze to Question Lad. "I...appre...appreciate the offer...but, sometimes...you need to...need to deal with...the consequences of...your actions...by yourself..."

Dev shuts his eyes and is asleep agian.

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Timber Wolf leads Question Lad out of Devs room.

"Let's get you a little bit of help, and don't feel bad about Dev turning down your help...I know him and he does appreciate the offer, but he can be stubborn as hell about certiain things. It runs in the family."

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"I see...I know something of family matters," Question Kid closed his eyes and focused on his own memories, which made up the core of his personality despite everyone he absorbed. He would have to start getting in contact with people about rebuilding. "But yes, I can feel the migraine now."

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(As Dev falls back to sleep, Tempest enters his room. She gives a look to the nurse, who immediately leaves.)

I owe someone a big favor for pulling me out of my coma. Rumor has it you came to visit me.

(She pulls up a chair to his bedside.)

I suppose I can give you a few hours.

(She watches him as he sleeps.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

At some point while Tempest is sitting with him, Dev opens his eyes just a little. "Hey..." is all he can really say before he falls back asleep again. This time with a little grin on his face.

[ March 12, 2011, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev awoke some time later. He was not sure how much time had actually passed since his battle with the Red Bee. He looked around his room and there was nothing to indicate to him if he had been out hours, days, oreven longer.

He felt better, nit great, but better than he had when he saw his brother and someone else...who was that kid with him...Dev knew he knew him from somewhere, but his memory of the last few days (at least he thought it was days) was a little fuzzy.

He tried to get up and sharp shooting pain ran through both of his shoulders. He laid back down and concentrated. Yep, multiple breaks in both shoulders, his left arm was fractured, ome of his collar bones, and thre were some stress fractures in both legs. He attempted to move his toes...okay, my spinal cord is intact, he thought.

Breathing and heart rate seem okay, he thought to himself as he looked at the monitors he was hooked up to.

He put his head back down on the pillow, the kid...Question Lad, that's who was with Lon the other night...or whenever it was. Said he had something that would help get me through this...

He thought long and hard about the idea of getting something to help heal his body quicker. No. I need to do this part on my own. I took the biggest risk of my life, and somehow made it through...Tempest. It was her. By the gods...I remember everything now.

Dev smiled to himself, "It actually worked," he mumbled to nobody, "I need to see what's going on out there," he said to himself as he looked to the door.

Dev thought for a moment and had a realization. He looked around the room for what he needed. He finally spotted a wheelchair near the door.

That will have to do for now, he thought and started concentrating. He slowly lifted himself off the bed. Flight has it's advantages he thought and floated over to the chair.

Settling in and resting his arms, he concentrated and the chair moved slightly. This was going to be harder than he thought.

Just then a Nurse came in and screamed. She had looked past him to the empty bed.

"I'm here," he said a little sheepishly.

"What are you doing out of bed?"

"I need to check on my friends."

"They can wait."

"Please. I feel responsible for them being here."

She looked at him, "fine, one quick tour around and then back in bed for you."

"Thanks."

Dev got to see Exnihil, who was ready to be released. Several staffers from the Office of Security were in various stated of recovery. After a while the Nurse pushed Dev back to his room.

Dev asked about Tempest and was told that she had been released.

"Thanks for the tour Nurse. Can I get an Omnicom so I can contact some friends?"

"We'll see what the good Doctor says, but oyu should have one by the end of the day," she said and halped him get back in bed. "You;re recovering nicely, and very rapidly."

"Smoke and mirrors..." he said and chuckled.

He looked at the window, "can you open that and let some sunshine in please."

She nodded and opened the shades.

Dev thanked her and soaked up the sunshine... "It was all real..." He said quietly as he fell back asleep.

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.