Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Dedman's Fusion Powersphere (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Dedman's Fusion Powersphere
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Well its settled...I'm moving. Just got my plane tickets today.
As some of you already know I've been out of work for quite a while. I've really been trying to get a job here in Newfoundland, but have had no luck:(
So along comes my aunt who says she can get me a job in the store she works at. Even better, said job is at night, my prefered time to work. So i said "gear it up" and am now all set to make my way to fort mcmurray AB.
I have to leave alot behind (i'm gonna miss my books) but eventually I'll be able to get most of it shipped to me. Have to desert my PC for a while too, I'll be posting from the public library for the first month or two that I'm there.
I leave on Sept 5th, a week from today. I'm excited to have a job again, but sad to leave my beloved province behind. Anyhoo, I've rambled enough...carry on!!!

[ February 17, 2011, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: dadman ]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
good luck deddy!
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Newfoundland to Alberta will be culture shock, I'm sure. Keep us posted!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Alberta?

That's pretty far from the coming apocalypse. At least as a Newfie you'd have gotten a whiff of plasma.

Well, enjoy running the world. It gets old after awhile.

[Smile]

Take care. Hope you enjoy the new life.

So where're you originally from? East? West? Middle?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Best of luck with the move and the new job, ded.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Best of luck on the new job Deddy, and good luck getting settled! Let us know how it goes, and we'll be looking forward to your posts during the months it takes to get fully settled in!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto what Outdoor Miner & Cobalt Kid said. I hope the job is good for you and the move is easy.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Enjoy Fort McMurray Deddy. I hear its one of the hoppingest places in the country right now. Mmmm heavy crude oil... mmmmm.

Lots of young people from all over Canada relocating there. I knew this girl who drove one of those three storey high dump trucks one summer.

I also hear that its an hour and a half north of Edmonton... by plane.

Not withstanding that, I'm hope it'll work out for ya. Remember when you leave there grab a handful of that tar sand. And don't worry about leaving the Rock, none of the Newfs I've met has forgotten home.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well here's the important info:
http://the-master-list.com/Canada/Alberta/index.shtml

[Smile]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the well wishes guys!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

So where're you originally from? East? West? Middle?

Labrador originally, but done most of my growing up in Newfoundland

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
I hear its one of the hoppingest places in the country right now.

I also hear that its an hour and a half north of Edmonton... by plane.

All my research on the the town points to the same thing Tamper....not sure about plane time, but its a 4 1/2 drive north from Edmonton...its going to be alot colder than I'm used to!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Well here's the important info:
http://the-master-list.com/Canada/Alberta/index.shtml

[Smile]

Thanks MEL....I already used Diamond's Comic Store Locator to find a comic shop just around the corner from where I'll be living YAHH!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck with everything man!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck, Ded! Big life changes can be a big ol hiccup, but they can bring great things! Even though you have to leave The Rock, you're still a Newfie no matter where ya go, and it'll still be there down the road!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's probably more Easterners out in Fort McMurray than back home! What's the average age out there now - 25? [Smile] Lots of opportunities and I hope you get to make the most of them; sure beats sitting around sans job.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Aaah, Alberta. When I was a kid I thought everybody's Dad wore jeans, cowboy boots and a big @$$ belt buckle. When we moved from Cold Lake AB (population at the time about 3000) to the relatively booming metropolis of Lloydminster (15000) I was unnerved to see my new friends fathers in suits!

I grew up in northern Alberta (Cold Lake) and strangely, I don't remember it being any colder than Winnipeg (where I live know) which is so much further south. But I've never been to the Maritimes, so I can't really put that into perspective for you. If it doesn't work out, head to southern Alberta (ie. Lethbridge) where it's desert and the winters are very mild. [Smile]

Is your Aunt going to help you find a place to live? I remember there was a time when Fort McMurray had one of the worst housing shortages in the country. Hopefully things have changed for the better. Good luck!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

The part of Newfoundland I live in now has really mild winters.....usually no snow till late dec or jan. Even then its not alot of snow falls.

As to a place to live, I'll be staying with my aunt till i can get a place of my own. I expect that to take a few months, as there is still a housing shortage in Fort McMurray

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.