Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Dedman's Fusion Powersphere (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Dedman's Fusion Powersphere
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Furball:
Rou do what to NUNS?

I help them communicate with God [Wink]
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
What flavor of cupcakes are here?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I currently have double chocolate, chocolate chip, blueberry, poppyseed, wheat bran, and carrot cake...all available in regular and low-fat varieties.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Boom boom boom

The sound of death fills the halls.

Blood runs down the walls of fusion powersphere.

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Hmmm...someone is playing my music...

GAH, the powersphere is in trouble

<runs back to the control room>

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
I currently have double chocolate, chocolate chip, blueberry, poppyseed, wheat bran, and carrot cake...all available in regular and low-fat varieties.

What, no cocoa pink cuplets? [Frown]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Come on over for those...oh wait...I'm under attack.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
What, no cocoa pink cuplets? [Frown]

Those were just the favours I allready had made...if you want cocoa pink cuplets, I can whip some up. Mearl's cupcake recipe prepares for all situations.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Friends!

Romans!

Roma-ro-ma-ma!

Gaga-ooh-la-la!

Watch out for romance!

A vote for Dedman and myself means another useless bit of pop culture trivia will be disseminated through the internet. It means fans of the pre-"Lovedrive" Scorpions and post-"Lovedrive" Scorpions will be united in peace (although there would have to be a consensus that "Savage Amusement" was their last good album and that they didn't have a clue without Dieter Dierks producing.)

But I digress.

(Like that doesn't happen all the time.)

Horror movies and Hello Kitty. Heavy metal and classic Europop. Only the Dedman/Stealth ticket could bring such groups together in harmony.

Vote for us, and the LMBP will be even crazier and more inane!

[ March 20, 2010, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Narwhales, Narwhales swimming in the ocean
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Come for the cupcakes. Stay for the narwhales.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

<Autobus finishes running the diagnostic program>

Hmmm...this can't be right. HECUBUS...COME HERE!

Yah, waz up Bus!

Did you or Succubus do anything with the Flux Inverter before that mishap today?

Naw man, we was jus' chillin.

Oh, well look at this <points at screen>

Dat ain't right, best call security, we be'n sabertoged!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*with a momentary truce, Cobalt Kid and Chief Lardy arrive at the Powersphere after leaving The Rookery.*

During the course of my investigation I begun to realize the drug smuggling ring was bringing something far more dangerous to Legion World, as you’ve probably learned as well. I worked with Kent Shakespeare to find out what was actually being brought in was one specific person. I reconfirmed the Dark Oval’s involvement and had Space Ranger assemble all the data on Legion World showing the arrivals of new citizens when compared to Gruertis Nyebif’s records of drug imports. What I found was telling.

<Cobalt stops for a moment and annoyingly shifts topics, not revealing what he found>

Traditionally when I would conduct investigations, I would use Lolita as my top analyst. Her mind as you know is brilliant, and she has a computer-like ability to analyze data, recognize patterns and make information-based assumptions on what is happening. My codename for her was ‘Oracle’. Without her, I’ve been a bit lost. It was only when I had some to think about the normal steps I would take that I realized one of Lolita’s immediate processes is to analyze the recent newsfeeds for any topics that may at first appear inconsequential but could be more important. I asked My Whee Fem to do this for us and she came through.

She reported that recently Dedman was overheard complaining about problems at the Powersphere. This was in the gossip columns where they were really reporting on his wife’s pregnancy but this bit of data still saw print. Further digging revealed there was a small article about problems the Powersphere was having where sabotage was not completely ruled out. As you are aware better than anyone, the Powersphere is critical to the safety of Legion World.

If my theory on the attacker holds up, it fits that this could be him. Rather than sabotaging Legion World, he probably has been staying here all these months. This is a highly dangerous area so you have to be extremely powerful to even be here; it also means it’s a great place to hide because most people can’t actually enter this space.

<opens the doors>

Within, we should find out if someone has been staying here. Be on your guard…I’m hoping I’m wrong but if I’m right, we have one of our worst enemies within…

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<walks with him>

<shudders slightly as they enter> I know all-too well how important these powerspheres are to us. I can still remember very clearly what it felt like to die in order to reignite the main one at LW's core! It was neither quick nor painless...not at all...

<changes the subject as he feels increasing ly uncomfortable> You know, Des, it's obvious you strongly suspect who we're dealing with and yet are extremely reluctant to name him or her. Thing is, knowing you, your theory's probably on the money, so...

...well, what I'm saying is, wouldn't it be prudent to have already had some countermeasures in place? If it's someone we've dealt with before, surely you have some ideas about what measures would be effective against him or her? If you already have, don't you think having the Security Office in on it would've made things go more smoothly?

Look, Des, you said it yourself back there: I'm your best friend! We've been through Hell together and back! Why don't you take something from all this and learn to confide in your best friend every goddam once in a while? If you have concerns about me, talk to me about them, and get your friggin' head outta your ass! That's what best friends frickin' do!

Am I gettin' through at ALL, here?!?!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, though I do have a suspicion, I’ve only just pieced it together a few hours ago. By the time it came to me, I was already on the run from your officers and have been ever since. I’ve hardly had a moment to process the thought, let alone consider counter-security measures.

As for my worries over your methods, perhaps your right. I should have come to you sooner. I honestly wanted to stay out of it but it only became a real concern once I was actually involved.

You see, what worries me the most is that I’m right and the culprit is really…

<suddenly Cobalt stops as he and Lardy turn the corner; before them is a plethora of belongings, as obviously someone had been staying here; Cobalt was right, this was a hideout. And one specific uniform lay among the items which sealed who the culprit was>

…bloody liberty…

…I can’t believe it. I hoped it couldn’t be! Lardy, the unknown assailant is The Red Bee!!!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.