Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Back in the main office, Everyday Girl has brewed some coffee and heated some water and offers everyone there tea or coffee to help revive them.

As Kent takes his, Candle looks at him and says, "You just happen to carry a HOWITZER?! Those are anti-tank guns aren't they?!"

And she begins to chuckle into her cup of English Breakfast.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod, umm... Miss Candle... I like made the coffee and junk 'cuz you asked but I'm not like one of the staff.

My title is Assistant Chief of Security, so like tecnically you work for me, not the other way around.

'Kay? Bye, I'll be in my office if you need me...

<runs out of the room>

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Space Ranger:
<Ranger walks into Cobalts office followed by a cloaked figure...>

Um... Cobalt, I'm not sure this is the best time to bring this up but...

<He turns and removes the robe from the figure behind him, revealing...>

Click for fullsize image

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(The new uniforms for your interns have arrived...)

Excellent. [Big Grin]

And who is this lovely creature? My new intern, I surmise. Great, I'm going to need someone underneath me. I'm glad we'll have uniforms for my interns specifically. The hat and collar are a nice touch (so is the bare midriff, and the...well, you get what I mean).

Ranger, why don't you bring them all in my office so we can go over strategy. I suddenly feel refreshed and full of energy. Let's save Legion World, dammit, so we can throw an after party!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
Ohmygod, umm... Miss Candle... I like made the coffee and junk 'cuz you asked but I'm not like one of the staff.

My title is Assistant Chief of Security, so like tecnically you work for me, not the other way around.

'Kay? Bye, I'll be in my office if you need me...

<runs out of the room>

"O-k-a-y . . ."

"IS there a receptionsit?"
"Does it pay?"
"Maybe I should apply for it if there IS a receptionist job and nobody is doing it, 'cause what I'm doing now doesn't pay, does it, Kent?"
(I'll have to read the first 9 or so pages to see what the set-up is here, though."

"Do I work for her technically if I don't get paid as a special agent/liason in charge of Dragons?"

"You'll have to show me how you like your coffee made, Mr. Shakespeare, since I don't drink it, myself."

Candle begins to chuckle again.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

<Saunters up to the intern sitting at the receptionist's desk.>

Hello young lady, can you direct me to whomever is available to receive a complaint?

I am Constable Brimstone H. Devil of the Cloud Castle Security Force and I'd like to report a series of break-ins and burglaries...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
As Constable Brimstone H. Devil talks with the intern receptionist, Click for fullsize image slip unnoticed into the buildings ventalation system...

Who we supposed to be watching/listening to?

Everybody, but especially Cobalt Kid, Space Ranger, Kent Shakespeare, and Everyday Girl...

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

appear in Everyday Girl's office.

The female agent looks at Girl, while the male agent looks at the air vents.
"We are agents sent by our Magestrix to inform you that Kardi's agents have infiltrated this establishment with the purpose of spying on the activities of this organization."

The male speaks up, "I hear two or three tiny voices in the air ducts. Shall I retrieve them for you?"

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

In the Receptian area, Candle looks at the Constable with narrowed eyes and flickering armor.

"I don't know who can assist you, possibly Mr. Shakespeare here, can help you, or we can get Cobalt Kid for you when his current guest leaves?"

Candle looks at the vents and her eyes narrow even further.

"Do you plan on leaving the fairies in the airducts when you leave or are they a permanent gift or the Legion World Office of Security?"

--------------------

Come, join me!

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Click for fullsize image

Look, Agents of one of the ommnipotent females...

[farie magic]
Blue: I don't hear them
Violet: I don't see them
Red: I'm not talking to them...
[/fairie magic]

The Magestrix's two agents vanish...

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Click for fullsize image

Blinks in surprize as the cute intern he was attempting to chat up is replaced by Candle...

Actually I don't have all day to wait. Perhaps there are some complaint forms I can fill out, since it seems your office is supremely uninterested in crimes committed AGAINST the Cloud Castle and it's inhabitants.

Also please notify Cobalt Kid and his staff that in the future, anyone who has not been granted free access by the Master, will suffer severe consequences for their actions if they choose to invade our home.

Good Day...

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Click for fullsize image

appear in the Reception Office and Cloak hands the sleeping fairies to the Constable.

"We don't 'disappear' for very long," Dagger says to him, "since 'disappearing' is what Cloak DOES, on a regular basis."

"And I don't know who you were chatting up, 'sir', Cobalt Kid hasn't assigned an intern to Reception yet, that we've seen, anyway," Candle says quietly to the Constable's back as he turns and walks out.

Bilbo bumps into Brimstone, looks at him to apologize.
Brimstone snarles, his glamour slipping somewhat in frustration, and Bilbo gives a little scream, shudders through the door and slams it shut.

"Wow, miss, he's as horrible as the other one!"

"I'm here for that Howitze so I can keep from being eaten by one of these things," he stammers.

He continues,"I've lived on Legion World for a long time and I've seen a lot of interesting things, ya know, but never any 'things' like I've seen here since that Cloud Castle showed up!"

"Demons and that ilk scare me and every citizen here! Even the space pirates and smugglers, not to mention the pick-pockets, are murmuring and talking about finding other worlds for berths!"

"And that castle just got here!"

Bilbo pauses to take a breath and Click for fullsize image
take the opportunity to salute Kent and Candle and disappear again, this time on their own power.

"Those two aren't normally around here, that I remember, anyway," says Kent with wide eyes.

"No, they're just assigned to me by Mysa Nal3 until I go to the dragons," Candle replies.
"Zardi has more powerful enemies than he may know of, especially where the dragons are concerned!"

Candle turns to the desk and whispers to herself, "and I'm no Glinda."

[ January 03, 2010, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

When Bilbo starts in again, Candle directs him to Kent.

Then she gets up from the Reception Desk and says to the room in general, "Reception work is too difficult! Besides the coffee making, you have to be polite to demons and that's just NOT my calling."

As she wonders over to the mail cubbies, a small bevy of [Lume] [Lume] ........... [Lume] fly through the wall and crowd around Candle.

Bilbo's eyes bulge and Kent cracks a smile. ........................ [Lume] ............................ [Lume]

One of the [Lume] flies over to him and ruffles his hair.

The others buzz about Candle's head, talking with her and the kitties, [Whizzy] and [Streaky] wake up from their nap under the couch and begin studying the hovering creatures.

"Don't bat at the Lumen, dears," Candle says, then turns to Kent, "I have to go, I have a chance at an audience with the Regent, FyresDawn, in Luna's void."

As she gathers the kittens and heads for the door, she says, "Please tell Sharky that I'm sorry that I missed him again. I was hoping he could join me on my mission to the Dragons. But, I suppose Cobie would have had something for him to do, anyway."

"Bye!"

[ October 14, 2009, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Bon chance, ma cherie!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
A [Lume] flies through the outer walls of the Office and flits from office to office until it finds Luna's.
She's napping on a daybed placed under her large window, so it leaves the note it's carrying on her desk chair seat, for her to find later.

The note reads:
To MysticLuna ~

It has occured to us that the dragons bringing life to you ancestrial 'void' may be the reason for you current weakness.

We don't know that this is true, it's just a possibility.

We can't chance that the hypothesis is correct and that we would continue to injure you.

SO ~ a mirror void has been created and all developments in the dragon's lives that happened in your 'void' have been removed.

That is, the ones that involve our servants and the Dragons. It was beyond our power to remove Zardox's intrusions.
You will have to deal with those yourself.

Regretfully and with the hope that you will regain most, if not all, of your health,

Mysa Nal3
Magestrix

Quietly buzzing over her, it drops some healing dust over her, just for good measure it thinks.
Finished, the [Lume] flits out through the closed window and disappears into the city's afternoon haze.

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Some weeks later, Lumena [Lume] darts through a closed window and deposits a note in Cobalt Kid's mail cubbie.

She flits up to the new receptionist, who looks up from her work, startled.
"What . . .?"

Then, [Lume] darts back out through the same window that she came in through.

The receptionist mutters to herself, "This is SUCH a strange place."

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.