Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Welcome Francis Manapul! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Welcome Francis Manapul!
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was oogling the team spread Francis did, and part of me wondered what it would be like if Tinya and Lyle got together...

Sorry, just random thoughts

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks guys. yeah there were a few coloring mistakes that made it into the book. More than I was hoping for, but thats the ins and outs of a monthly book. But yeah I did a double take as well when I saw SG's hair colored that way.... we will be getting a new colorist as of issue 39 though, JD Smith, real talented fella so I'm looking forward to it. Nathan did a great job but I'm excited to be working with a really old collaborator. Ironically enough Livesay and JD were the first "professional" art team I worked with when I first broke in at top cow.... cool huh...

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com
http://manapul.blogspot.com/

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Francis gave CBR a studio tour. Check it out!

Nice pad, Francis! Your girlfriend Agnes has a nice setup, too-- what does she do for work?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks Pov! Agnes is currently attending Sheridan college taking Illustration. She's also done freelance work here and there in the comic industry. here's her site [Smile] http://evilwabbit.deviantart.com/

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice write-up, I love this kind of stuff. A studio down by the river, that'd be a dream for me but strangely, none to be had around here even though our river front is spectacular.

"Moo and Otis:" any chance of them sneaking into an issue of Legion?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

the moment I get a chance blockade boy! I like sneaking in my friends and pets in the background whenever possible.

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by fjm:
thanks Pov! Agnes is currently attending Sheridan college taking Illustration. She's also done freelance work here and there in the comic industry. here's her site [Smile]

Great site! Tell Agnes I love her Minis commissions-- so cute! She should see if either company would be interested in giving her work in their kids' lines... [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
great view Francis!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Another wonderful issue Francis, I'm loving your art on this book. It really makes this book pop and certainly adds a lot of energy to the already frantic script. SaM is definitely turning into a great ride and I can't wait till next month.

I like your use of a glowing line around the Legionnaires to denote their flight rings eco-shield, it certainly adds some pop and color to this book. Also, really enjoyed the shot of Garth with his collar open on his uniform. I've always imagined it would be uncomfortable to relax in those costumes, so I like the touch of showing us that they can be loosened up.

Question, who did the designs for the applicants? I ask because Fruit Boy ROCKED! I just love his classic legion reject look.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Your art is really dynamic, Francis, I am so excited that you have been drawing the Legion, I can't wait to see the next issue. [Big Grin]
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

thanks guys! and yeah agnes' mini's are really cute. she's actually contributing to the hulk 100 thing for hero, and it looks adorable, make sure to check out her blog!

steph- thanks glad you enjoyed the issue, I've designed all the new characters you've seen and will be seeing in the book. Even the ones that are in the fill in. And yeah Fruit Boy is great! he's kinda the most classic looking hero of the group.

thanks as well titan lad, the book will be out tomorrow but in the meanwhile you can check out my blog for a preview!

cheers guys!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
You are such a great artist Francis. It is because of your art that I started collecting LoSH. They should make a poster out of the 2 covers for #37. I would definitely buy it!

Your Saturn Girl is gorgeous. Best Irma ever!

I would love to see you draw Dream Girl. Is she appearing in any future issues?

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

thanks askanipsion! I think there was a mini poster of that which was given out to retailers..more of a promo poster though rather than a poster poster....
As for DreamGirl, I'm actually not sure when I'll get to draw her.. Jim is pacing it out nicely so everyone gets some time to shine but hopefully soon!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the preview Francis! It looks great! I can't wait to read it!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Great job on the work! Clean, consistent, very well done!

A couple questions, if you don't mind...

1) When you draw, what music do you listen to, if any?

2) What kind of pens do you use? I'm curious if I could get a hold of some stuff.

Keep up the great work!

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.