Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Welcome Francis Manapul! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Welcome Francis Manapul!
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
it was great meeting you guys! I hope you all had fun at the show!

matter lad i'm not sure who theena is... :/

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com
http://manapul.blogspot.com/

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Francis!

FYI, Theena is the (small "L")legionnaire from the Waid Kitson run that served as the communications hub. She had what appeared to be a symbiot attached to her back with tentacles that ended in little monitor screens and was able to "show" what was going on somewhere

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
ah! thanks vee!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Francis, I don't know if anyone has asked you this or not, but how did you feel about redesigning the "threeboot" legionnaires suits?
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

I felt honored! as with anyone coming new to the book, you always want to put your stamp on it and it was actually something I had asked my editor if I could do it and he said yes!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I think the new designs were exciting overall, and I look forward to seeing your work beyond Legion!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Thanks Lard Lad, and don't worry you'll be seeing more of my work at DC [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Man I hope so. I really LOVE your style and since I'im picky about alot of artists that are out now man, that's saying something. I constantly reccomend people to check out your work.

Oh I was wondering Francis, Have you ever drawn Bart Allen? I heard rumor/ myth what have you that you were asked about that. If you can't talk about it it's okay I just wanted to ask.

From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

good looking out Acid thanks!

professionally no I've never drawn him. But I have drawn him before! One of my first art samples was actually a 3 page Impulse story.

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Dude that is awesome. I'd love to see that just because I'd love to see your take on him. Is it on your blog or something? Or have you long since left it somewhere else?
fjm
Advisor

I drew it when I was like 16 or something so it's lost somewhere in my closet...

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Francis!
Did you ever do any designs of Super Lad.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your excellent work on the book. You definately were a pleasure to have with us on the series, and you are one fantastic artist dude!
We Canadians are all so proud!!! [Smile]
All the best in your career and I look forward to picking up your future post Legion work next year.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Francis, if you still stop by, I just wanted to say Thank You for your work, and sorry it ended the way it did.

To be honest, I wasn't the biggest cheerleader of the run, but I did come to appreciate your art (especially after seeing some of your work in black and white).

I wish you well in your future endeavors.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

thanks again for all the support guys and gals I really appreciate it!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.