Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Shooter off Legion? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Shooter off Legion?
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's at least what Rich Johnston seems to suggest in the latest LITG column, when he speaks of the bristol comic convention.

"Jim Shooter's non-attendance was due to being dropped off "Legion" by DC."

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
has anyone heard something about this?

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Link to reference.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parasitic Twin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parasitic Twin           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope not!
From: sprouting from 3rd rib | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta say, i hope he isn't gone. This isn't the legion i wanted to read about, but if its all i am gonna get, its a damn site better than what came before.

Be nice if we got some Villians in the book, though.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
This is what I was afraid of. With all the Final Crisis stuff you don't get JIM SHOOTER to write a swan song for a low selling series.

No you COMMIT to JIM SHOOTER and treat him like a god. I love Geoff John's Action Legion as much as the next guy but if they knew they were going to scratch the current Legion...they shouldn't have offered to Jim. They should've offered the Action Legion to him once Final Crisis was done.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
I would be totally disappointed if Shooter is out
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm hoping this is a bad rumor, but have a sinking feeling that it isn't. Whatever happened to class?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
let's ask Manapul!
Fraaaaaaaaaanciiiiiis??!!!
is this true?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
editorial must have finally decided that Johns' direction/Legion was the way to go, and Shooter, understandably so, was pissed and bailed. didn't DC always say that this WaK legion was the legion for this Earth? they decided to listen to the sales and the blogs and go for Johns' take. why should Shooter stay with a sinking ship that Waid comandeered into the iceberg?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Whichever way, it sucks. We come full circle in 50 years, back to being a supporting act in Action. I really hope DC lives up to its promise of letting Shooter do at least a year before giving the series the ax. But if the LitG rumor is true, it sounds like that may not be the case.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I call it karma for all the bad things Shooter has done.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Karma ain't all it's cracked up to be. Shooter is no saint, for sure. I've reached a point in my life where I've made enough mistakes that I hope those to who I've been unkind will let it pass, and try to do the same for others. Shooter participating in the Legion's 50th anniversary year has nothing to do with old Marvel politics, and everything to do with honoring the innocent exuberance of a 13 year old boy who got his dream job, and contributed many classic elements to this thing we know as the Legion. Come on, Stealth, he did create that badass villian for the ages, Emerald Empress, who you have a bit of fondness for. Can you give him just a little bit of love?

[Emerald Empress - Animated]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I really hope that this isn't true, but, given the luck the Legion franchise has, it probably is...

Shooter has single-handedly saved the threeboot Legion and made them feel like Legionnaires again, and whoever came up with the Action Legion has failed to do so, IMO, devolving into schmaltzy nostalgia and feel-good buzz-words and catch-phrases rather than presenting actual characters.

I could give a rat's butt about what Shooter has done in the past. He's doing good work *here.*

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
If Shooter goes and that Action version of a 20 year dead Legion is superimposed I'm going to quit the book - the Powers That Be have no interest in what I imagine the majority of readers want (quality workmanship, new ideas, the unexpected) just in pleasing the loud minority that are never happy with anything but their own 'golden age'. Blecch, stagnation within a creative medium should be hangable offence IMO!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.