Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Shooter off Legion? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Shooter off Legion?
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
04/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #28 — 31,525
04/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #29 — 30,906
05/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #30 — 30,767
06/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #31 — 30,385
07/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #32 — 29,826
08/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #33 — 29,315
09/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #34 — 28,294
10/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #35 — 27,370
11/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #36 — 26,814
12/2007: Legion of SH #37 — 45,803
01/2008: Legion of SH #38 — 33,045
02/2008: Legion of SH #39 — 31,123
03/2008: Legion of SH #40 — 30,377

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Blecch, stagnation within a creative medium should be hangable offence IMO!

Well, there wouldn't be many living writers at DC were that true...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, what a crap way to start off Tuesday.

But I have no doubts that it is true.

One would hope that DC at least informed Shooter his run (and in fact the 3boot itself) was just until LSH of 3 Worlds ended, but that may have not been so.

That the ACTION arc (which I *loved*, make no mistake) co-incided with Shooter's return is unfortunate.

[sigh] I'm not looking forward to the Legionnaires Slaughterfest that is sure to come with Lo3W.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Got a favourite Shooter story to share?

Got a favourite Shooter penned comic?

I really enjoy the energy he's brought to the series. And seeing Invisible Kid in action has been the best part.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
hey sorry guys I'm sure you know I can't comment on things like this either way. It is a rumour column so lets take it from there with a grain of salt.

oh and those numbers are a bit skewed, I've been told that we at least doubled the sales from the previous month which takes us to about 60 K I believe.

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com
http://manapul.blogspot.com/

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for providing a calming influence before we all drove ourselves nuts, Francis. Have we told you lately that your art kicks nass? [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, we'll see. I hope it's not true because i've found that Shooter's Legion, while not quite my cup of tea, is far superior to Waid's.

At the same time, I much prefer the silver age Legion. Well, we'll know soon enough... but Rich Johnston generally checks his sources very well... Mind you, there was no trafic light indication on this

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
This is what I was afraid of. With all the Final Crisis stuff you don't get JIM SHOOTER to write a swan song for a low selling series.

No you COMMIT to JIM SHOOTER and treat him like a god. I love Geoff John's Action Legion as much as
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
This is what I was afraid of. With all theFinal Crisis stuff you don't get JIM SHOOTER to write a swan song for a low selling series.

No you COMMIT to JIM SHOOTER and treat him like a god. I love Geoff John's Action Legion as much as the next guy but if they knew they were going to scratch the current Legion...they shouldn't have offered to Jim. They should've offered the Action Legion to him once Final Crisis was done.

the next guy but if they knew they were going to scratch the current Legion...they shouldn't have offered to Jim. They should've offered the Action Legion to him once Final Crisis was done.
it makes sense to offer it to Shooter. by putting a top name on it, you hope to stop the bleeding and con people into thinking the book won't get dropped. don't forget, DC ran solicitations for a Flash comic that they knew wouldn't be coming out!they knew the Rogues would kill Flash, but let people think the book was continuing.

why would they treat this book and it's fans any differently?

and, if this is true, it shouldn't be a big surprise. during all the interviews about 3 worlds, and the Action Legion, has Shooter been shown to have any input? none, that I can find. it's been a Johns production first, last, and always.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
editorial must have finally decided that Johns' direction/Legion was the way to go, and Shooter, understandably so, was pissed and bailed. didn't DC always say that this WaK legion was the legion for this Earth? they decided to listen to the sales and the blogs and go for Johns' take. why should Shooter stay with a sinking ship that Waid comandeered into the iceberg?

I didn't like everything about Waid's writing, but as a new fan I thought he did a good job. the real blame lies with DC. think about it this way, what if this Legion was featured in the Action story? that would have helped to raise the profile of the book. the minute, they allowed Johns to say that the Action Legion was from Superman's past, this book was a dead man walking.

don't you think that was a fatal flaw?

also, here's a post from late last year. not entirely accurate, but it hits close to home.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004885;p=1#000000

[ May 13, 2008, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: wamu2 ]

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
DC should drop Didio -- on his big, fat head.

And if it so happens Shooter's run is cut short because of editorial interference/incomptetence, the disgust and loss of confidence generated would surely have a negative impact on the Johnsboot Legion as well. No one would win.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
What I don't get is, what stories are you going to tell about the Johns Legion? They're all grown up! An occasional "Adult Legion" story with Superman is great, and I'm all for it, but the point of the Legion is that they are kids!

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
What I don't get is, what stories are you going to tell about the Johns Legion? They're all grown up! An occasional "Adult Legion" story with Superman is great, and I'm all for it, but the point of the Legion is that they are kids!

maybe they help Starman in his quest for the perfect sloppy joe. [LOL]
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
why should Shooter stay with a sinking ship that Waid comandeered into the iceberg?

What a poetic way to say the truth [Smile]

I really like what Shooters doing, even though it seems he's doing it too late... Waids balloon just never took off...

Even though I would really prefer the Legion of old to fully return (now that we have been given a juicy taste), I would be a little sad to see this finally evolving third version to disappear again.

But in the end, the question is why it had to be done at all in the beginning - the reboot of the reboot, will it be a tiny sidenote in Legion history ten years from now?

I can really understand Shooter is p***ed of...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If this is true, the saddest thing about it is how unsurprising it is. It's so typical of DC's treatment of the Legion.

If anyone alive today deserved the chance to take the Legion and rebuild it from scratch in any way he wanted, it's Jim Shooter. If his return to the Legion turns out to be a mere lame duck run on a doomed threeboot continuity, only to be replaced by Johns's "New Earth" retconned pseudo-original Legion, I think every fan of the genuine original Legion should be pissed off as well.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
As a fan of the 'original Legion,' I don't care for the Action Legion at all. I bought the comics, and was amused to see that Imra had cut off all of her hair and that Brainy had turned into an overly emotional moron, but it's not the Legion I grew up with, not by a long shot.

The Waid Legion wasn't either, but, thanks to Shooter, it's finally getting that feel again.

Just in the nick of too late, apparently.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.