Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Legion: Battle of the Sexes (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Legion: Battle of the Sexes
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that's right. Our current batch of Legionnaires (minus Gear and plus Andromeda and Thunder because I need to even the sides) have had enough of domestic squabbles and girls revolting. Just WHICH gender is the best...the Legion gals or the Legion guys? This is the game where you get to help us find out and Future gets to badly spoof the Real World/Road Rules challenges as best he can!

Remember the Adventure-era Computo story, where some weird globe made by Computo in the Clubhouse robbed everyone of their super-powers, biological or not? Well, it's been rebooted! All Legionnaires are left with their natural strength and inginuity to compete in these events!

Every 5 days, we'll start a new round. Every round will consist of a challenge in a different location of the United Planets where the Legionnaires will compete in ranked events, where there can be a first, second, etc place winner. After I post the challenge, it's up to you, the viewers, to quite simply rank who you think would win this contest in what order. Remember they don't have powers! You'll make a list of the boys and then a list of the girls competing in each round, and place them in what order you think they'd finish their task. We'll be starting off with 14 Legionnaires on each team, so you'll rank them from first to fourteenth place.

At the end of each round I'll award weighted points like KP's football game to each Legionnaire. If they were awarded first place in your list, they'll get 14 points. Last place, one point. The points Legionnaires receive from everyone's lists will be added together, and the guy and girl with the lowest score each round will be eliminated until there are only three boys and three girls remaining to compete in the big, final showdown to determine which gender is the best at the end of 'THE LEGION' series: GUYS or GIRLS?

The boys competing will be: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, Chameleon, Brainiac 5, Star Boy, Gates, Ultra Boy, M'Onel, Ferro, Karate Kid, Wildfire, and Timber.

The girls: Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad, XS, Spark, Andromeda, Kinetix (terrorform), Violet, Umbra, Sensor, Kid Quantum II, Thunder, Shikari, and Dreamer.

I'll start the first round Sunday night. I want to wait and see if anyone has any questions, if the rules were clear, and make sure there would be a fan base for playing this! [Wink]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] Gold looks better on a woman anyway! [Razz] [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
If this is like RR/RW, then we should also figure out which couple will hook up, break up, or get into catfights [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] Nura is attracted to Rokk's side of the force, and Thom goes ballistic! [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Aww, does Zoe have to be a terrorform in this one? [Frown] If she were still in the miniskirt she would be able to distract the guys!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Haha. We'll go ahead and make Kinetix non-Terrorform, since I'm having to retcon in Thunder anyway and am leaving out Gear and Superboy.

You know, I like Drake's idea. It might be fun every round to have another little game going. Pick which members of the opposing teams hook-up, bicker, break-up, and what-not. [Big Grin] I'll see what I can work in.

Future
The Present is Past

Whoops. I miscounted my Legion guys (and forgot the 'Wolf' in Timber Wolf). Both teams balanced? Good. Alright, here we go....

ROUND 1
OBJECTIVE: There are twenty-eight small logs/platforms off the shore of the world's only dry land island. These logs are barely big enough for someone to stand on. So, you guessed it, all Legionnaires without the aide of their powers or flight rings must balance on these logs over the methane water to see who can stay up the longest. Special platforms have been made for Sensor and Gates, who both can still barely fit. Whichever guy and gal falls first, receives the lowest rank, with the guy and girl lasting the longest taking first.

The Male Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, Chameleon, Brainiac 5, Star Boy, Gates, Ultra Boy, M'Onel, Ferro, Karate Kid, Wildfire, Gear, and Timber Wolf.

The Female Contenders: Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad, XS, Spark, Andromeda, Kinetix, Violet, Umbra, Sensor, Kid Quantum II, Thunder, Shikari, and Dreamer.

So, rank the Legion gals and then the Legion guys from who you think will last the longest to whom won't last long at all. Round 1 will end on Thursday, September 9th.

[ September 05, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Jesse Future ]

Future
The Present is Past

I'll start the ball rolling with my rankings for the log-standing mission as an example!

LEGION GUYS RANKING:
01 - Karate Kid
02 - Cosmic Boy
03 - Invisible Kid
04 - Chameleon
05 - Timber Wolf
06 - M'Onel
07 - Live Wire
08 - Ultra Boy
09 - Wildfire
10 - Star Boy
11 - Gear
12 - Gates
13 - Brainiac 5
14 - Ferro

LEGION GIRLS RANKING:
01 - Shikari
02 - Umbra
03 - Spark
04 - Triad
05 - Dreamer
06 - Violet
07 - Kinetix
08 - Thunder
09 - Sensor
10 - Kid Quantum II
11 - Apparition
12 - Andromeda
13 - Saturn Girl
14 - XS

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
1.Cosmic Boy
2.Star Boy
3.Ultra Boy
4.M'Onel
5.Live Wire
6.Invisible Kid
7.Karate Kid
8.Chameleon
9.Gates
10.Brainiac 5
11.Ferro
12.Timber Wolf
13.Wildfire
14.Gear

1.Kinetix
2.Umbra
3.Sensor
4.Dreamer
5.Violet
6.Saturn Girl
7.Apparition
8.Spark
9.Kid Quantum II
10.XS
11.Triad
12.Shikari
13.Andromeda
14.Thunder

This is rank from like the most to like to the least, right?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Gates
2. Karate Kid
3. Timber Wolf
4. Invisible Kid
5. Brainiac Five
6. Cosmic Boy
7. M'Onel
8. Chameleon
9. Live Wire
10. Star Boy
11. Ferro
12. Gear
13. Ultra Boy
14. Wildfire

1. Shikari
2. XS
3. Dreamer
4. Andromeda
5. Spark
6. Umbra
7. Triad
8. Kid Quantum
9. Thunder
10. Kinetix
11. Violet
12. Saturn Girl
13. Apparition
14. Sensor

Thunder, Shikari, and Dreamer

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

KGZ, the ranking is for what order you think people would last in the competition posted for Round 1. No ranking favorites in this game, I'm afraid.

If it were about favorites, XS would definitely be a lot higher on my list, but as it stands I don't think she has the patience/balance for the mission at hand. [Smile]

Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]
BOYS ~
01: Karate Kid
02: M'Onel
03: Gear
04: Invisible Kid
05: Cosmic Boy
06: Star Boy
07: Chameleon
08: Ferro
09: Brainiac 5
10: Ultra BOy
11: Wildfire
12: Live Wire
13: Gates
14: Timber Wolf

GIRLS ~
01: Saturn Girl
02: Umbra
03: Sensor
04: Kid Quantum
05: Dreamer
06: Apparition
07: Shikari
08: Violet
09: Thunder
10: Triad
11: Kinetix
12: Andromeda
13: Spark
14: XS
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Karate Kid
2. M'Onel
3. Chameleon
4. Cosmic Boy
5. Brainiac 5
6. Invisible Kid
7. Star Boy
8. Gates
9. Ultra Boy
10. Timber Wolf
11. Live Wire
12. Wildfire
13. Gear
14. Ferro

Girls:
1. Shikari
2. Umbra
3. Saturn Girl
4. Violet
5. Triad
6. Apparition
7. Dreamer
8. Kinetix
9. Kid Quantum II
10. Andromeda
11. XS
12. Spark
13. Thunder
14. Sensor

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
LEGION GUYS RANKING:
01 - Karate Kid
02 - Timber Wolf
03 - Cosmic Boy
04 - Chameleon
05 - Invisible Kid
06 - Star Boy
07 - M'Onel
08 - Ultra Boy
09 - Wildfire
10 - Live Wire
11 - Ferro
12 - Gear
13 - Brainiac 5
14 - Gates

LEGION GIRLS RANKING:
01 - Shikari
02 - Triad
03 - Umbra
04 - Dreamer
05 - Apparition
06 - Sensor
07 - Kid Quantum II
08 - Saturn Girl
09 - Spark
10 - Andromeda
11 - Violet
12 - XS
13 - Thunder
14 - Kinetix

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Round 1 is over and the results are in! Let's see how the Legionnaires faired on their first mission, with points earned:

Legion Guys:
69 - Karate Kid
55 - Cosmic Boy
53 - Invisible Kid
51 - M'Onel
49 - Chameleon
41 - Timber Wolf
36 - Star Boy
30 - Brainiac 5
27 - Gates
27 - Ultra Boy
26 - Live Wire
24 - Gear
20 - Wildfire
17 - Ferro

Legion Gals:
64 - Shikari
60 - Umbra
51 - Dreamer
47 - Triad
38 - Saturn Girl
37 - Kid Quantum II
36 - Violet
34 - Apparition
33 - Spark
29 - Sensor
27 - Andromeda
25 - Kinetix
23 - Thunder
22 - XS

Congrats to Karate Kid & Shikari, who took first place! All Legionnaires did a fantastic job and we already have multiple heroes pulling away from the others! Unfortunately, we have to bid farewell to the two lowest ranked over-all: Ferro and XS.

[XS] "I wish I didn't have to go! It's kind of embarassing to be first...plus I think we Legion gals have the chance to really make our mark and, uh, beat the boys. Good luck to both teams, I'll be missing you!"

[Ferro] "Well, it's been real. I'm glad to be off that log but sad to be leaving. Sorry to let us down, guys."

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.