Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Legion: Battle of the Sexes (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Legion: Battle of the Sexes
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Well guys, here we are. The penultimate round until the final event(s)!

The results:

01. 439 pts - Triad
02. 432 pts - Umbra
03. 412 pts - Kinetix
04. 386 pts - Dreamer
05. 338 pts - Saturn Girl

01. 430 pts - Cosmic Boy
02. 420 pts - Karate Kid
03. 415 pts - Invisible Kid
04. 412 pts - M'Onel
05. 402 pts - Live Wire

Live Wire & Saturn Girl put up a fight, both lasting longer than I would have thought! But it's time for the happy couple to head home now.

[Saturn Girl - Post-Boot] "A commendable job done by all Legionnaires. We can't all be super-models, I guess!"

[Live Wire] "You're the best in my book, Imra. Good luck, guys! Kick some nass."

Also, number averaging gives us 2 and 3.5, meaning Umbra has found Karate Kid to be an excellent new beau as Cosmic Boy goes for a little bit of pep with Kinetix! Will the weird hook-ups never end?!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

ROUND 11
OBJECTIVE: This is it, guys! For the last round where someone will be booted out of the game, a simple contest: Rank your favorites. That's right! Rank your favorite Legion guys and then favorite Legion gals!

The Male Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Invisible Kid, M'Onel, and Karate Kid.

The Female Contenders: Triad, Kinetix, Umbra, and Dreamer.

So, rank the Legion guys and then the Legion gals from favorite to least favorite! Round 11 will end on Saturday, October 9th.

sensory lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sensory lad   Email sensory lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Male:
1. Invisible Kid
2. M'Onel
3. Karate Kid
4. Cosmic Boy

Female:
1. Dreamer
2. Triad
3. Umbra
4. Kinetix

Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Simple as that eh?

the boys:

1) Invisible Kid
2) Karate Kid
3) Cosmic Boy
4) M'onel

the girls:

1) Umbra
2) Kinetix
3) Dreamer
4) Triad

Gosh, this one was hard when it came to the girls. All four of them are favourites of mine. The boys were easier though.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Invisible Kid
2. Karate Kid
3. Cosmic Boy
4. M'Onel
(Bevis, you have good taste! [Big Grin] )

Gals:
1. Kinetix
2. Umbra
3. Triad
4. Dreamer
(I found ranking the gals a lot tougher too)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
Men:

1. M'Onel (you guys are ganging up on him and it's not fair. Yeah, I really believe he'd lose the model contest, and a 20th century game at a Daxamite gym. You guys know that Daxamite didn't change in the last 1000 years, other than the growing racism.
2. Invisible Kid
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Karate Kid

WOMEN:

1. Kinetix
2. Umbra
3. Triad
4. Dreamer

Random numbers: 2 and 4

Predictions: Karate Kid and Triad

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Male Contenders:
1. Mon-El
2. Invisible Kid
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Karate Kid

Female:
1. Triad
2. Kinetix
3. Umbra
4. Dreamer

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

My choices:

Guys:
1. Invisible Kid
2. Cosmic Boy
3. M'Onel
4. Karate Kid

Gals:
1. Umbra
2. Dreamer
3. Triad
4. Kinetix

As for M'On, I don't think he's been picked on too much at all. I really don't think he'd be better at jump rope than anyone else. It's something he likely never really did in the 20th century. Not to mention he's had a 1,000 years to lose the skill if he did enjoy it. Just came down to endurance, concentration, and balance in the end when I conceived that round.

TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Also, number averaging gives us 2 and 3.5, meaning Umbra has found Karate Kid to be an excellent new beau as Cosmic Boy goes for a little bit of pep with Kinetix! Will the weird hook-ups never end?!

I like the Umbra/Karate Kid match. After all, M'Onel is with Dreamer now! Thank grife, the post-Zero Hour Thom was a loser, big time. And Cos? He sure can pick them... good thing we decided to make her pre-Terrorform. As for the hook-ups? I think they have it right... if your continuity was about to vanish, don't you think you'd do the same? Poor Triad probably won't get anywhere with Lyle.

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
L'Hommes
01. Cosmic Boy
02. Karate Kid
03. M'Onel
04. Invisible Kid

La Femmes
01. Dreamer
02. Triad
03. Umbra
04. Kinetix

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Pals:
1. Cosmic Boy
2. M'Onel
3. Karate Kid
4. Invisible Kid

Gals:
1. Kinetix
2. Umbra
3. Dreamer
4. Triad

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, much as I love Kinetix I'm really surprised to see that not only has she lasted to the final four but that she's so high up in so many people's lists. Makes me very happy to see. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but thier's a reson for that. She might not be everyone's favorite, just the favorite of the four. A person's favorite just go vote out. See, I'm lucky because I Kineix stayed and she space-rawks.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Kinetix has a lot of energy and likely has the desire to stay. That's helped with enough missions (the solictior one, the fashion one, and to an extent the race one) that's she's been able to hold her place even in challenges she hasn't done that well.

To an extent, that's how Live Wire stayed as long as well and why Karate Kid was only once kicked out of the top three, even if for several challenges he didn't do so hot.

It's fun (and interesting) to see who can survive the longest! I was sure Shikari would make the final three for the gals, but she was one of the first eliminated!

Future
The Present is Past

That's it! The final elimination round is over. The results:

01. 478 pts - Umbra
02. 475 pts - Triad
03. 454 pts - Kinetix
04. 422 pts - Dreamer

01. 463 pts - Invisible Kid
02. 470 pts - Cosmic Boy
03. 452 pts - Karate Kid
04. 452 pts - M'Onel

It's been close, but it's come down to several Legionnaires that have been in the top 3 all along to leave. The tie between Karate Kid and M'Onel will be seperated by eliminating the Legionnaire who was ranked lowest last time -- M'Onel! Along with Dreamer, we say good-bye to the last Legionnaires and now have our final six for the ultimate challenge!

[Dreamer] "I should've foreseen this coming! So close...good luck, ladies! Bring home a gold."

[Mon-El] "It's been an exciting game. Time to go see how the others are fairing back at Legion World."

How fitting, that one of the Battle of the Sexes couples should go out together!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.