Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Legion: Battle of the Sexes (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Legion: Battle of the Sexes
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
This is going to be hard because I can remember so many different things that they should cancel each other out. So the pack may be hard to sort out. For instance, from my memory, don't think that anyone from Gates and Star Boy on knows who M'Onel is. So that's one. So here goes.

I feel like more of the girls probably know the answers. I think they pay attention more at debriefings.

1. Saturn Girl (seniority + telepathy (+ constant self-appointed temporary leader) = most knowledge. Plus she doesn't need her telepathy now to win. I'm betting she's already gleaned a lot of knowledge. In fact, she SHOULD scan teammates after missions to get a more accurate account of the events for the records. No "fog of war" in the Legion (take that Science Police thugs!))
2. Triad (Can you say Espionage Squad?)
3. Violet (ditto)
4. Apparition (ditto)
5. Kinetix (one thing we always see Zoe doing is reading and keeping detailed logs.
6. Spark
7. Kid Quantum II
8. Dreamer (I'm sorry, even with her flashes before she joined the team, I can only put her this far up)
9. Umbra
10. Shikari

(honorary #1: Chuck Taine... and he's blackmailing everyone!)

1. Cosmic Boy
2. Invisible Kid
3. Chameleon
4. Brainiac 5 (doesn't have his powers in this test, otherwise he'd probably guess everything correctly using deductive reasoning)
5. M'Onel (Didn't join as soon, but... HE WAS IN THE PHANTOM ZONE -- he saw everything! He spends a lot of time in space, but it's easy to catch up on the logs with super speed.
6. Live Wire
7. Gates
8. Star Boy
9. Karate Kid (This is one where Val isn't really at an advantage. Although I'm sure Andy filled him in on some stuff.)
10. Gear (sorry, I don't think he's been reading the mission logs. When he first showed up, he didn't want to be there. Since he's been back he's been more tech staff than Legionnaire.)

BTW, has anyone ever counted how many missions each Legionnaire has been on postboot?

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for voting guys!

And TJulk, I could certainly give the mission count a try. This Christmas when I go back home, I plan on making a sequel to my 'Adventure Era Appearance Count' thread by tallying up every on-panel appearance by the postboot team. If I'm lucky I should spend all break doing it and still leave five minutes to open Christmas cards!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm. This is one round where some of the earlier leaders might drop back a bit. So...

the girls:

1) Kinetix (she pays attention, and she's a gossip. She'll know all there is to know)
2) Saturn Girl
3) Triad
4) Violet
5) Kid Quantum II
6) Apparition
7) Umbra
8) Spark
9) Dreamer
10) Shikari

and the boys:

1) Invisible Kid
2) Braniac 5
3) Cosmic Boy
4) Chameleon
5) Live Wire
6) Star Boy
7) M'onel
8) Karate Kid
9) Gates
10) Gear

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Phantasma
Once Upon a Time

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Princess Phantasma           Edit/Delete Post     
[Princess Projectra] [Bump] [Princess Projectra]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Orando | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Egads! Another round already? I totally forgot! Round 5's scoring:

01. 243 pts - Invisible Kid
02. 232 pts - Karate Kid
03. 228 pts - Cosmic Boy
04. 222 pts - M'Onel
05. 207 pts - Chameleon
06. 181 pts - Gear
07. 172 pts - Brainiac 5
08. 157 pts - Live Wire
09. 136 pts - Star Boy
10. 130 pts - Gates

01. 236 pts - Triad
02. 225 pts - Saturn Girl
03. 223 pts - Dreamer
04. 222 pts - Violet
05. 202 pts - Umbra
06. 178 pts - Apparition
07. 165 pts - Kinetix
08. 157 pts - Spark
09. 155 pts - Kid Quantum II
10. 148 pts - Shikari

Invisible Kid takes back the lead for the males and Triad stays on top for the gals. Surprisingly, our original first place holder, Shikari, departs today with Gates as the lowest ranked.

[Gates] "Princess Jeka was right! Stupid biped games favoring the old guard!"

[Shikari] "I do not understand, All Legion. Is there something I have done wrong?"

Future
The Present is Past

ROUND 6
OBJECTIVE: Hope your uniforms are neatly pressed, Legionnaires. Today, all heroes will be brushing up their people skills as they become solicitors for McCauley Industries selling their robo-vacuum system to the domesticated Winath! Our Legionnaires have to be confident, possess good speaking skills, and boast the go-getter attitude to not take no for an answer. Charisma is a plus, but so is perseverance! The Legion lady and gentlemen with the highest number of sales will take first.

The Female Contenders: Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad, Spark, Kinetix, Violet, Umbra, Kid Quantum II, and Dreamer.

The Male Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, Chameleon, Brainiac 5, Star Boy, M'Onel, Karate Kid, and Gear.

So, rank the Legion gals and then the Legion guys from who you think could impress the people to make some sales to whom could never get past a slammed shut entry portal! Round 6 will end on Saturday, September 25th.

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
ooh, I like this one. Hmm...

the girls:

1) Triad (easy. She's got the experience and the gift of the gab too)
2) Dreamer
3) Kinetix
4) Spark
5) Umbra (yeah, I know, but I reckon she'd *scare* people into buying so she'd still have pretty good sales)
6) Kid Quantum II
7) Apparition
8) Violet (shy, but probably quite persuasive)
9) Saturn Girl (aww, come on, without her powers people would just want to slap her.)

and the boys:

1) Star Boy (he's quite the charmer, and could turn it on for the boys and the girls)
2) Chameleon (ditto)
3) Live Wire
4) Inivisble Kid
5) Cosmic Boy
6) Braniac 5 (like Violet or Umbra he's not the most socially adept but he'd also argue terribly persuasivly or people would buy to shut him up about the technical aspects of what he's selling)
7) Karate Kid
8) Gear
9) M'onel (I dunno, I just don't see him being very good at this one).

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Like your reasonings, Bevis.

Ladies:
1. Kid Quantum II (I don't know why; I see her doing well)
2. Triad
3. Spark (Sells to friends)
4. Apparition (Ever the diplomat)
5. Dreamer
6. Kinetix
7. Saturn Girl
8. Umbra
9. Violet

Gents:
1. Chameleon
2. Live Wire (Homeland experience...sell to friends)
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Star Boy
5. Brainiac 5
6. Invisible Kid
7. M'Onel
8. Karate Kid
9. Gear (Would get too technical for people)

Sister Saturn
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
[Saturn Girl] La Femmes ~
01. Triad - with 3 personalites, she's bound to appeal to a greater majority
02. Dreamer - indomitable will, persuasive, charming, & sex appeal
03. Spark - knows how to work the rubes
04. Kinetix - gets by on her cuteness assuming she's not in terrorform
05. Umbra - uses intimidation
06. Violet - still working on overcoming that inherent shyness
07. Kid Quantum II - sells a few
08. Apparition - her snobbishness gets in the way of her game here
09. Saturn Girl - assuming she doesn't use her shameless hussy power, ol' iron butt stinks at this!

L'Hommes ~
01. Live Wire - Works the rubes and he's charming and persuasive
02. Star Boy - Little old ladies love him and men feel superior to him
03. Cosmic Boy - does pretty well
04. Brainiac 5 - spotlights the product and knows it well but his personality hurts his total sales
05. Invisible Kid - espionage skills parlay into powers of persuasion
06. M'Onel - I don't care what era we're in, Lar will always be Bob Cobb, traveling salesman to me! Too bad he wasn't better at it.
07. Karate Kid - goes Zen and doesn't ask why he's doing this task - he just does it
08. Chameleon - It'd be nice to see early reboot Cham do this with his bad accent - still I can't picture him excelling at this
09. Gear - This iron butt can't shift gears quick enough to fast talk, much less double talk

Might I suggest that Cosmic Boy & Kid Quantum's relationship hits the rocks when Cos catches her in a steamy embrace with #7...

Unless we aren't doing that anymore [Saturn Girl]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Ladies:
1. Spark (has homefield advantage & a very outgoing persoanlity)
2. Triad (experienced in business)
3. Kinetix (very outgoing)
4. Apparition
5. Dreamer
6. Umbra
7. Violet
8. Kid Quantum II
9. Saturn Girl (ugh! Can't see here doing well at this at all)

Gents:
1. M'Onel (not much difference in door to door sales whether it's brushes or vacuum cleaners! Experience wins out!)
2. Live Wire (Has homefield advantage)
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Star Boy
5. Invisible Kid
6. Karate Kid
7. Chameleon
8. Brainiac 5
9. Gear (Would rather take it apart and improve it)

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

quote:
Originally posted by Sister Saturn:
Might I suggest that Cosmic Boy & Kid Quantum's relationship hits the rocks when Cos catches her in a steamy embrace with #7...

I *knew* I forgot something! Probably should do one to see who Apparition will hook up with Jo gone. [Smile]
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penetrable Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Phantom Girl] Bartholomew J. Bumperton [Phantom Girl]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The Male Contenders: Brainiac 5, Star Boy, Karate Kid, and Gear.

Gals:
1. Spark (home court advantage plus generally friendly personality)
2. Kinetix (friendly and outgoing)
3. Triad (extremely efficient, and even though Purple might hurt her a bit she can more than cope)
4. Kid Quantum II (very determined and has some people skills)
5. Dreamer
6. Apparition
7. Violet (not as shy as she used to be)
8. Umbra (scary...)
9. Saturn Girl (what people skills?)

Guys:
1. Live Wire (home court advantage)
2. Cosmic Boy (charisma)
3. Chameleon
4. Invisible Kid
5. M'Onel
6. Star Boy (gets along well with people)
7. Brainiac 5 (overwhelms the customers)
8. Karate Kid
9. Gear

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

ROUND 6 is over! We had some interesting point-getters, but the bottom tier stayed pretty much the same.

01. 277 pts - Triad
02. 254 pts - Dreamer
03. 235 pts - Violet
04. 232 pts - Saturn Girl
05. 220 pts - Umbra
06. 199 pts - Apparition
07. 197 pts - Kinetix
08. 195 pts - Spark
09. 181 pts - Kid Quantum II

01. 269 pts - Invisible Kid
02. 262 pts - Cosmic Boy
03. 246 pts - Karate Kid
04. 244 pts - M'Onel
05. 236 pts - Chameleon
06. 198 pts - Live Wire
07. 192 pts - Brainiac 5
08. 187 pts - Gear
09. 169 pts - Star Boy

Triad and Invisible Kid hold onto their leads...just as Kid Quantum II and Star Boy keep to their lowest ranked status. It's a tearful Xanthian good-bye as they say farewell.

[Kid Quantum II] "We've come so far, ladies! Don't stop now! Keep going. Good-bye to you, the gents, and especially Cos..."

[Star Boy - Post-Boot] "I did my best, that's all I can do. See you at home, Nura! Guys, good luck! Bring back a gold medal for me."

Future
The Present is Past

ROUND 7
OBJECTIVE: It's a race! Each Legionnaire gets taken to the rail-highway docking station in Metropolis. They find the transport tubes sealed off and 16 beautiful cruisers with each Legionnaire's name on one awaiting the team. Simple enough, each Legionnaire has their own grav-cruiser to race in a three mile dash for a finish line. With civilians cleared out, it's up to whoever has the best speed and handling of their cars to win in the galaxy's grooviest drag race! The lads will race first, then the lasses.

The Male Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, Chameleon, Brainiac 5, M'Onel, Karate Kid, and Gear.

The Female Contenders: Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad, Spark, Kinetix, Violet, Umbra, and Dreamer.

Also! With Kid Q and Star Boy gone, Cosmic Boy and Dreamer have picked up some flirtatious vibes from other Legionnaires. Pick two numbers between 1 & 8, one for the gents and one for the ladies, so we can average out just WHO Cos and Dreamer are already becoming more buddy-buddy with!

Double also! To make things interesting and make it possible to change ranks still, points have DOUBLED. First will now receive 16 points and the lowest score will receive 2. We'll continue this way until we have our final six to compete in the last showdown!

So, rank the Legion guys and then the Legion girls from who you think will win the grav-car race to who is just spinning their non-existant wheels! Round 7 will end on Tuesday, September 28th.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.