Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Legion: Battle of the Sexes (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Legion: Battle of the Sexes
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
ROUND 2
OBJECTIVE: Famous art critics from around the UP have assembled at the Louvre as judges for the Legion's next assignment! Using whatever media they wish to use provided by the museum and local art school-a-trons, all Legionnaires have one-hour to paint/draw/sculpt a self-portrait. The portraits will then be judged by the panel of art critics and first place given to one male and one female, second given to one male & female, and so on & so forth. Ferro is going to be upset he missed this one!

The Female Contenders: Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad, Spark, Andromeda, Kinetix, Violet, Umbra, Sensor, Kid Quantum II, Thunder, Shikari, and Dreamer.

The Male Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, Chameleon, Brainiac 5, Star Boy, Gates, Ultra Boy, M'Onel, Karate Kid, Wildfire, Gear, and Timber Wolf.

So, rank the Legion gals and then the Legion guys from who you think can craft the best portrait to who has no artistic talent at all! Round 2 will end a day earlier than usual on Sunday, September 12th.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. I can't recall ever seeing any of the characters actually being artistic off the top of my head so I'm just gonna go with who *I* think might be artistically inclined. Starting with the ladies:

01 Kinetix
02 Dreamer
03 Triad
04 Violet
05 Umbra (who would think the whole thing stupid, but do it anyway. And would depict herself kicking arse)
06 Spark
07 Sensor
08 Shikari
09 Apparition
10 Saturn Girl
11 Kid Quantum II
12 Thunder
13 Andromeda

aaand the boys...

01 Invisible Kid
02 Karate Kid
03 Chameleon
04 Star Boy
05 Cosmic Boy
06 M'Onel
07 Live Wire
08 Gear
09 Gates
10 Timber Wolf
11 Wildfire
12 Braniac 5
13 Ultra Boy

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Bevis, thanks for playing! I think half the fun of some of these events is deducing who really does have the skills needed from their background, personality, etc. That and I also want to make sure every challenge isn't just a physical one.

Ladies....
01. Kinetix
02. Violet
03. Triad
04. Saturn Girl
05. Andromeda
06. Spark
07. Dreamer
08. Umbra
09. Apparition
10. Thunder
11. Sensor
12. Kid Quantum II
13. Shikari

& Gentlemen...
01. Gear
02. Chameleon
03. Karate Kid
04. Star Boy
05. Invisible Kid
06. M'Onel
07. Live Wire
08. Cosmic Boy
09. Gates
10. Brainiac 5
11. Ultra Boy
12. Wildfire
13. Timber Wolf

Thanks to EDE, Miss T, IB, KGZ, & Drake for their participation in round one. Since KGZ didn't modify her list from the initial misconception, I left it as is.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Ladies....
01. Dreamer
02. Violet
03. Triad
04. Kinetix
05. Spark
06. Apparition
07. Sensor
08. Umbra
09. Saturn Girl
10. Thunder
11. Andromeda
12. Kid Quantum II
13. Shikari

& Gentlemen...
01. Invisible Kid
02. Chameleon
03. Karate Kid
04. M'Onel
05. Star Boy
06. Cosmic Boy
07. Live Wire
08. Gear
09. Gates
10. Brainiac 5
11. Ultra Boy
12. Wildfire
13. Timber Wolf

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Ladies....(I'll actually try to justify my rankings here:)
01. Violet - still waters run deep and I can imagine her surprising people by the depth of her artistic ability and willingness to be honest.
02. Umbra - dark, moody art always strikes a chord and she's used to having to create shadow-forms
03. Triad - Carggites must have a strong enough sense of self to offer an insightful self-portrait
04. Spark - I imagine the beauty of her farmland home will come shining through in hers.
05. Dreamer - Anyone in touch with their dreams and dream imagery will doubtless come up with something interesting.
06. Apparition - I see her as technically more adept and having a good eye which will give her high standings.
07. Kinetix - she'd do something pretty, but lacking depth
08. Sensor - has some skills because of her powers, but doesn't know her new self enough to give us something interesting
09. Thunder
10. Kid Quantum II
11. Saturn Girl - too emotionally closed off from herself to offer an insightful or interesting portrait
12. Shikari - lack of practice
13. Andromeda - lack of practice and appreciation for the arts.

& Gentlemen...
01. Chameleon - knows himself well and is used to reshaping his own body so scupture would be a natural
02. M'Onel - sould of a wanderer, all those years and wisdom and depth will provide a fascinating portrait
03. Karate Kid - a great martial artist is a great artist - his soul will shine through in almost any action he takes, especially art.
04. Live Wire - same with Ayla
05. Ultra Boy - his rough upbringing coupled with his mellowing and softening with Tinya and Cub have brought depth and honesty to Jo that's been waiting to get out having been unexpressed on Rimbor.
06. Wildfire - angsty art always strikes a chord.
07. Invisible Kid - just cuz he seems good at everything, he'll do well here.
08. Gates - he's a thinker and feels things deeply. He'd be just as expressive in his art.

I see a drop-off starting here with the rest due to lack of experience with art and expressing themselves and their vulnerability in general. The first three being more physical than artistic the latter two, too technical and not self-reflective.
09. Star Boy
10. Cosmic Boy
11. Timber Wolf
12. Brainiac 5
13. Gear

Well, that was interesting. I first thought these ranking would seem kinda random, but I managed to find some justification for the rankings based on what I (think) I know about them (if it turns out one of them has been shown to have artistic ability and I missed it, I might have to re-evaluate before the round is over).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Drake, I love your explanations! When we have a few less Legionnaires in a few rounds I'll probably try my hand at rationalizing the choices as well. You did an excellent job.

Believe it or not, on the ladies I actually ranked Triad and Andromeda fairly high because I recall them drawing as kids in flashbacks. That doesn't mean they have much talent now, but I'll take that as a nod they potentially could.

For the guys, I went with Gear because of his computer brain probably being able to map out something beautiful, and the rest I figured as being artistic as wanderers, balanced people, etc. I also figure Star Boy (ever the Dungeon & Dragons fan) surely doodled a bit as a kid looking up to such fantasy.

I forgot about how musical/talented Shady traditionally has been, preboot. I may edit my ranking of Umbra to reflect that if I feel real guilty later.

Thanks to Bevis, Vee, and Drake for participating this round. I promise I'll stop interrupting my own game now. [Big Grin]

[ September 09, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Jesse Future ]

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Gals:
1. Violet
2. Kinetix
3. Triad
4. Shikari
5. Dreamer
6.Sensor
7. Umbra
8. Apparition
9. Spark
10. Thunder
11. Saturn Girl
12. Kid Quantum II
13. Andromeda

Guys:
1. Chameleon
2. M'Onel
3. Karate Kid
4. Invisible Kid
5. Gates
6. Live Wire
7. Wildfire
8. Cosmic Boy
9. Ultra Boy
10. Star Boy
11. Timber Wolf
12. Brainiac 5
13. Gear

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]
La Femmes ~
01. Violet
02. Saturn Girl
03. Dreamer
04. Spark
05. Umbra
06. Triad
07. Kinetix
08. Sensor
09. Apparition
10. Thunder
11. Andromeda
12. Kid Quantum II
13. Shikari

L'Hommes ~
01. Invisible Kid
02. Chameleon
03. Gear
04. M'Onel
05. Karate Kid
06. Gates
07. Cosmic Boy
08. Brainiac 5
09. Ultra Boy
10. Live Wire
11. Star Boy
12. Timber Wolf
13. Wildfire

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Apologies for the delays. With computer trouble over, ROUND 2 is also finished. The ranks, point totals, and Legionnaires:

01. 134 pts - Karate Kid
02. 122 pts - Chameleon
03. 118 pts - Invisible Kid
04. 111 pts - M'Onel
05. 095 pts - Cosmic Boy
06. 077 pts - Star Boy
07. 069 pts - Live Wire
08. 065 pts - Gates
09. 062 pts - Gear
10. 055 pts - Timber Wolf
11. 053 pts - Ultra Boy
12. 049 pts - Brainiac 5
13. 043 pts - Wildfire

01. 112 pts - Dreamer
02. 110 pts - Triad
03. 109 pts - Umbra
04. 109 pts - Violet
05. 087 pts - Kinetix
06. 085 pts - Shikari
07. 083 pts - Spark
08. 075 pts - Saturn Girl
09. 071 pts - Apparition
10. 056 pts - Sensor
11. 051 pts - Kid Quantum II
12. 046 pts - Thunder
13. 045 pts - Andromeda

Shikari slips and loses her first place heavily, giving Dreamer the lead...barely. Karate Kid faces lots of competition now. Last minute voting broke the tie among the ladies, so that now WILDFIRE and ANDROMEDA leave us today as the lowest scoring of their gender.

[Wildfire - Post-Boot] "Already? Grife! Well, go kick some tail, gents! Be seeing you!"

[Andromeda] "Whatever...I guess it was fun while it lasted. I still don't understand these rules at all!"

Future
The Present is Past

ROUND 3
OBJECTIVE: Whip out your thinking caps, Legionnaires! All contenders are situated in a 31st century classroom in the prostegious Yod University on Colu. They will be competing againt each other in the galaxy's most unusual spelling bee! All members will stay in the game as long as they spell their given word correctly. Misspell it and they're out! The Legionnaire for both genders who stays in the longest, thus spelling all their words correctly, shall win first place!

The Male Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, Chameleon, Brainiac 5, Star Boy, Gates, Ultra Boy, M'Onel, Karate Kid, Gear, and Timber Wolf.

The Female Contenders: Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad, Spark, Kinetix, Violet, Umbra, Sensor, Kid Quantum II, Thunder, Shikari, and Dreamer.

ALSO: Something new to the game. It isn't Battle of the Sexes drama without hook-ups, break-ups, and domestic squablles! So this round, pick two numbers between one and twelve. The boy & girl who are ranked at the average of everyone's two seperate numbers will be our surprise new couple! For example: if everyone selects between 4-6 and 7-9, then whichever hero is ranked 5 (for the boys) and 8 (for the girls) will be our couple! No questions asked, even if they're dating someone else! Remember, boys first this round, ladies second. We'll switch next round.

So, rank the Legion guys and then the Legion gals from who you think is a flawless speller to who can't comprehend spelling at all! I'm shortening the rounds by a day, so now Round 3 will end on Thursday, September 16th.

Future
The Present is Past

I'll kick us off, in case my throwing in the new hook-up concept throws anyone off.

The Gents:
01. Brainiac 5
02. Gear
03. Invisible Kid
04. Cosmic Boy
05. Live Wire
06. M'Onel
07. Gates
08. Star Boy
09. Ultra Boy
10. Karate Kid
11. Chameleon
12. Timber Wolf

The Ladies:
01. Apparition
02. Saturn Girl
03. Violet
04. Triad
05. Kid Quantum II
06. Spark
07. Dreamer
08. Sensor
09. Umbra
10. Kinetix
11. Thunder
12. Shikari

The Hook-Up: #4 & #7

Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
L'Hommes:
01. Brainiac 5
02. Gear
03. Invisible Kid
04. Cosmic Boy
05. M'Onel
06. Karate Kid
07. Gates
08. Ultra Boy
09. Star Boy
10. Live Wire
11. Chameleon
12. Timber Wolf

La Femmes:
01. Saturn Girl
02. Triad
03. Apparition
04. Dreamer
05. Kid Quantum II
06. Violet
07. Thunder
08. Spark
09. Umbra
10. Kinetix
11. Sensor
12. Shikari

The Hook-Up: #4 & #4

[ September 12, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Miss Troia ]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Well I think for the boys the top three are probably going to be much the same for everyone so it's gonna be the bottom of the tanle that's going to show the most interest here. Anyhoo...

the boys:

1) Braniac 5 (duh)
2) Invisible Kid
3) Gear
4) Chameleon
5) Gates
6) Karate Kid
7) Cosmic Boy
8) M'onel
9) Star Boy
10) Live Wire
11) Timber Wolf
12 Ultra Jock.. uh... boy

the girls

1) Triad
2) Umbra
3) Saturn Girl
4) Dreamer
5) Violet
6) Apparition
7) Kid Quantum II
8) Sensor
9) Spark
10) Thunder
11) Kinetix
12) Shikari

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Oh, forgot the hook up. Hmm, let's go with #3 and #9.

--------------------

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1) Brainiac 5
2) Invisible Kid
3) Gear
4) M'Onel
5) Cosmic Boy
6) Karate Kid
7) Chameleon
8) Live Wire
9) Star Boy
10) Gates
11) Ultra Boy
12) Timber Wolf

Gals:
1) Saturn Girl
2) Kid Quantum II
3) Triad
4) Sensor
5) Violet
6) Dreamer
7) Apparition
8) Spark
9) Kinetix
10) Umbra
11) Thunder
12) Shikari

Hook-up: #10 & #10

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.