Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Legion: Battle of the Sexes (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Legion: Battle of the Sexes
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL ROUND
OBJECTIVE: This is it, guys! Clear all the points we've been calculating out of your head, because they're gone!

All the Legionnaires save for six have been eliminated for this final challenge...or should I say, challenges?! Yes, that's right. The Legionnaires will be asked to compete in three challenges back-to-back. It's no longer guys vs. gals, it's everyone for themself! Rank the six Legionnaires in all three challenges, and we'll pool their numbers together to find out who in reality would have made it to the finish line the fastest! Since we're starting over on points, it can be anyone's game!

Challenge 1: The Legionnaires leave the starting line to find a screaming horde of fans in front of them. They must sign twenty-five autographs (without powers), before they're allowed to push their way through the crowd to the next challenge. Hover-cam judges are watching!

Challenge 2: After that, the Legionnaires race about 100 meters to the next area: featuring six picnic tables! A crossword puzzle is waiting for each Legionnaire, featuring trivia about what has gone on in the Battle of the Sexes games! Finish the puzzle, making sure the judge has said its accurate, before racing to the next challenge.

Challenge 3: This is it! The physical gauntlet everyone has been waiting for. After another 100 meter dash, the Legionnaires have to scale a 50-foot net to reach a platform. From there, they must swing across a 100-ft stretch on monkey bars, until they get to the next platform where they must zip-line down into the water. In the water, it's a 100-ft swim to the shore. Once on dry land, it's time for a half-mile dash to the finish line! Should the Legionnaires fall on the monkey bars, they must start Challenge 3 again!

The Contenders: Cosmic Boy, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Kinetix, Triad, and Umbra.

So, rank the Legionnaires three times...once for each challenge! Remember, powers are still negated. The final round will end on Tuesday, October 12th.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

My rankings.

Challenge 1:
1. Triad (used to signing things)
2. Cosmic Boy (a super-star before the Legion)
3. Kinetix
4. Invisible Kid
5. Umbra
6. Karate Kid

Challenge 2:
1. Invisible Kid (insightful & good memory)
2. Triad
3. Kinetix
4. Karate Kid
5. Umbra (would rush and eventually be correct)
6. Cosmic Boy (take his time; be right on the first shot)

Challenge 3:
1. Karate Kid
2. Umbra
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Invisible Kid
5. Triad
6. Kinetix

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Challenge 1:
1. Cosmic Boy
2. Invisible Kid
3. Kinetix
4. Umbra
5. Karate Kid
6. Triad

Challenge 2:
1. Invisible Kid
2. Cosmic Boy
3. Triad
4. Karate Kid
5. Kinetix
6. Umbra

Challenge 3:
1. Karate Kid
2. Cosmic Boy
3. Invisible Kid
4. Umbra
5. Triad
6. Kinetix

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Challenge 1:
1. Kineix
2. Cosmic Boy
3. Umbra
4. Karate Kid
5. Triad
6. Invisible Kid

Challenge 2:
1. Invisible Kid
2. Triad
3. Karate Kid
4. Cosmic Boy
5. Kinetix
6. Umbra

Challenge 3:
1. Karate Kid
2. Umbra
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Triad
5. Kinetix
6. Invisible Kid

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stretchable Lad
Hello Kitty (Adam's Rib)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stretchable Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Challenge 1
1. Triad
2. Cosmic Boy
3. Karate Kid
4. Umbra
5. Invisible Kid
6. Kinetix

Challenge 2
1. Cosmic Boy
2. Triad
3. Umbra
4. Karate Kid
5. Invisible Kid
6. Kinetix

Challenge 3
1. Triad
2. Cosmic Boy
3. Karate Kid
4. Umbra
5. Invisible Kid
6. Kinetix

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Zuun | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
Challenge 1:

Kinetix
Cosmic Boy
Triad
Invisible Kid
Karate Kid
Umbra

Challenge 2:

Invisible Kid
Kinetix
Triad
Karate Kid
Cosmic Boy
Umbra

Challenge 3:

Karate Kid
Cosmic Boy
Umbra
Triad
Kinetix
Invisible Kid

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm tickled to death that Kinetix made it this far! Thanks for a great game, Future!

Challenge 1:
1. Kinetix
2. Karate Kid
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Umbra
5. Triad
6. Invisible Kid

Challenge 2:
1. Invisible KId
2. Triad
3. Kinetix
4. Cosmic Boy
5. Umbra
6. Karate Kid

Challenge 3:
1. Karate Kid
2. Umbra
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Triad
5. Kinetix
6. Invisible Kid

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Challenge 1:

1) Kinetix
2) Cosmic Boy
3) Triad
4) Invisble Kid
5) Karate Kid
6) Umbra

Challenge 2

1) Triad
2) Kinetix
3) Invisible Kid
4) Cosmic Boy
5) Umbra
6) Karate Kid

Challenge 3

1) Karate Kid
2) Umbra
3) Kinetix
4) Triad
5) Cosmic Boy
6) Invisible Kid

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

This is it! The finish line has been broken and all the Legionnaires have made it across! Tabulating up the points for these three challenges reveals who has claimed first place...and won their gender the gold.

01. 174 pts - Cosmic Boy
02. 162 pts - Triad
03. 144 pts - Invisible Kid
03. 144 pts - Karate Kid
05. 136 pts - Kinetix
06. 120 pts - Umbra

Yes, everyone, it's true! Cosmic Boy took first in the final challenge. Combine that with the fact the gents scored more total points than the ladies (the real way of determining the winner) and that means...

...the MALE Legionnaires have won Battle of the Sexes!

[Cosmic Boy - Post-Boot] [Invisible Kid - Post-Boot] [Karate Kid - Post-Boot]

Congrats to the gents, and thank you, ladies, for playing! Even bigger thanks to all the posters for participating...it's been a blast! Until next time.

[ October 12, 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Future ]

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Aww, poot. I wanted the ladies to win (traitor to my sex that I am). Still, the fact that the three ladies that made it into the final makes me very happy. [Big Grin]

Great game Future, it's been dead good fun. Now of course everyone can get there hit of gender challenge antics over on the Titans version of the game which is almost in the final round so there's a chance for people to make abig difference who makes it into the final (plug plug pluggity plug). [Wink]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, great game. I loved it. Now it's over, and no LSH until December.

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

I've got plans for another game like it, though the lack of females preboot makes it hard to do Battle of the Sexes. I'm coming up with spin-off concepts involving opposing groups of Legionnaires.

I'm tempted to do a game based off the two sides at Star Boy's Adventure trial. [Big Grin]

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
No fair, men have muscle arms and pectorals to aide them in task, not that it matters because women have the sex appeal.

This was fun Future, thanks! (Kinetix wasn't last)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It's been a great game, Future!
[Love] [Kinetix]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.