Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » La la la, Musicals Trivia Game! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: La la la, Musicals Trivia Game!
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, time for another trivia game. Now I know from experience on these boards that I'm not the only one who is unashamedly a fan of musicals (but not Andrew Lloyd-Webber who should be run over with a steamroller driven by Sondheim) so this could have the legs to run and run.

So all musicals are open for questions, film, TV, stage, whatever. Any writer, any genre.

So I'll start (obviously).

By what name is Benjamin Barker better known?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sweeney Todd?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup. I got the OCR for Christmas (can't get it here in the UK so Chris had to get it from the US) and I've ben listening to it every night this week because I can't be bothered to change the CDs in my stereo. He heh.

You're up.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Go Scott! Go Scott! We have to support this thread!

(Bev, I'm loving you for this thread.) [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I got a musical question right. I actually like the Angela Lansbury version of the show.

Okay, now to come up with one of my own.

Where can you find Cinderella's and Rapunzel's princes singing a duet?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

In Into the Woods, also by Sondheim, of COURSE!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I knew that would be an easy one. The first musical Caroline and I went to see as a married couple. One of my favorites and it is her favorite.

You're up Jeffy!

Kid Prime
Founder

It's one of my favorites too. I got to be in it in college, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Hmm... here's a multiple-choice one.

The legendary Jule Styne/Stephen Sondheim musical Gypsy has been performed on Broadway, movies, and on TV. Can you name the 6 women who have played the star of Gypsy, Mama Rose (generally considered the greatest role for a woman in musicals) in all these incarnations (Broadway, movies, and TV.) I'm looking for 6 actresses.

[ January 23, 2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I know one! I know one! (And that's all I know...!) [Big Grin]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Ethel Merman (OBC), Rosalind Russell (Movie), Angela Lansbury ('73 London), Tyne Daly ('89 Broadway -- my favorite), Bette Midler (TV), Bernadette Peters (current Broadway)

At least those are the OCs that got recorded. I know Linda Lavin replaced Tyne Daly later in that run. I also saw a fantastic production at the Papermill Playhouse in New Jersey with Betty Buckley and Debbie (oops, I mean Deborah) Gibson.

Hmm, I think I like this show too much.

[ January 24, 2004, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Mama has more star power backing her up than ANYONE.

You got it, Seymour! You're up!

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Woo hoo! I should have saved the Linda Lavin trivia for my question! Oh, well. Here's one:

Speaking of great musicals for women, Jerry Herman has written the music for several (and a good one for gay guys, too). One of his top leading ladies is Angela Lansbury (she's getting a lot of attention on this thread!). Name three Jerry Herman musicals she originated roles in.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Good question!

Mame, Dear World, and... and... aaaaaaaaaaaand...

She wasn't some extra in Hello Dolly was she? [Smile]

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Ho ho ho! So close!

--------------------
Geek Watch

Kid Prime
Founder

La Cage Aux Folles?

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.