Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that Colonel Heeza Liar?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's him Chaim. The good colonel started in 1913 and was the first truly nationally famous cartoon character. He was invented by John Bray who learned how to do animation by stealing the idea from Winsor McCay. Bray actually posed as a reporter and McCay gladly showed him how it was done. Bray then turned around and patented the process for himself.

On to you Chaim.

[ April 18, 2005, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one particularly appropriate for this message board...on what cartoon did a character named "Matter-Mucher Lad" appear?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

That should say, "Muncher."

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
was it "Fairly Odd parents"?

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Indeed it was, John. The episode plot had involved Timmy (as the Crimson Chin's sidekick, IIRC) attending a school for super-hero kids, and that obvious homage to Tenzil Kem was amongst his school-mates.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there also a Bouncing 'Boil' in that same episode?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
i think there was, but it was funny how they kinda "dissed" Hawkgirl.

here's one for any of you 80's buffs, name all six Mighty Orbots.

--------------------

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Awww crap! I loved that show, but for the life of me I don't think I can name *any* of them! [Frown]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
well, I figured 4 days is plenty so I looked up the answer

Uhno, Tor, Bort, Crunch, Bo, & Boo

Bumping for l.e.g.i.o.n.John to post another question. If not, I'll post one on Monday

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bi-Polar Boy
sometimes up, sometimes down

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bi-Polar Boy   Email Bi-Polar Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Why so late???

--------------------
Any concerns about the content...live with it.

From: in a lithium haze | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I want to give legionJohn at least one day and I usually can't get online on the weekend.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

you got it Quinslet, your turn. sorry for the delay

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Ok This maybe easy.

In the early 70's both Superman and Wonder Woman made separate guest appearances on a cartoon based upon characters from a popular TV show. What was the name of the cartoon?

--------------------

Bi-Polar Boy
sometimes up, sometimes down

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bi-Polar Boy   Email Bi-Polar Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Electric Company

I know a lot of people made appearances on this show. Wouldn't surprise me.

--------------------
Any concerns about the content...live with it.

From: in a lithium haze | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.