Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Well we've had the general musicals thread but how about a straight quotes thread?

Any quote is good be it dialogue or lyrics. Correct answer has to be at least the musical it's from, but for extra points (not that there are actual points of course) the song title if it's a lyric) and the character speaking/singing should really be posted too.

I'll start (possibly paraphrasing but I'm pretty sure they're right)

"No-one ever treated me kindly
Daddy left early, Mommy was poor
I'd meet a man and follow him blindly
He'd snap his fingers and I'd say 'sure'"

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

That's the one. I was kind of expecting/hoping for sychronicity that Suddenly Seymour would post the answer becasue I posted the lyrics and then suddenly realised that the very title of the song was actually used here as an id with Audrey II as the avatar. Heh.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
"A flibbertigibbet, a will-o-the-wisp, a clown!"

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

It's been bugging me all morning because it was so familiar, but I think I finally have it. It's the Mother Superior (or possibly one of the other nuns) during 'Maria' from the Sound Of Music.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

That's the one.

"Flibbertigibbet" is one of the words my wife and I use quite often to describe our own 6-year-old daughter. (No, her name is not Maria.)

Back to you, Bevis!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

I was fairly sure, but not certain I was right. It was one of those lines that are incredibly familiar but take a while to place.

Hmmm, right... This is either going to be very easy or very hard.

"Does anybody still wear a hat?"

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Company, "The Ladies Who Lunch"

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

That's the one.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"Please don't grieve
Watching me leave;
That would be much too painful to stand!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
No guesses yet? Time for a hint!

Dig out your scorecards: the performer who originated the quoted role won a Tony for it.

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
What movie is it from????
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

It sounds vaguely familiar but I'm stumped on this one.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Same song, additional lyrics:

"Oh, I hate leaving you,
Hate leaving your
Warm intimate club.
It's a small pleasure,
But I'll treasure
Each warm, intimate snub!"

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

More hints:

The show in question was originally produced on Broadway in the 1960s; it has had at least one major NYC revival since then.

The original production ran less than a year. But the songwriters went on to work on one of Broadway's biggest successes.

The aforementioned Tony was in the category Best Featured Actor in a Musical (so it's a male character, but not the male lead, singing the song).

IIRC, that was the only Tony win for the original production of this show.

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.