Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » 2 True Statements, 1 Lie (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  60  61  62   
Author Topic: 2 True Statements, 1 Lie
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
1) I recently learned to rock climb, and am planning to go on a climb in June.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I happen to know that Ibby is quite the little chef, so I would peg as a lie:

3) I taught myself to cook, and was able to make an omelette without burning the kitchen.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Blaze and I did help each other with swimming and bike riding, respectively. Though at first Blaze wouldn't accept my help [Razz] To be fair, Blaze was quite the good teacher.

Alas Rocky, I did teach myself to cook - though I asked other people to teach me recipes. I never took a formal cooking class. My first adventure in the kitchen resulted in me cooking up an omelette with no mishaps.

quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
1) I recently learned to rock climb, and am planning to go on a climb in June.

Which means cleome got it - I've gone wall climbing and mountain trekking, but have never actually rock climbed.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

[Bump] up for cleome, whose PM box is full [Smile]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Those who pay attention know how little respect I have for the diet industry. I admit it, though: Being human/female, I have been suckered into trying more than one fad diet. [Embarrassed] At least I can say now that it's been over a decade since I wasted my time or dollars on that b.s.

1) The Blood Type Diet

2) The Cabbage Soup Diet

3) The Atkins Diet

For those lucky enough to not know, these are all real, easily google-able diets. So sad.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1) The Blood Type Diet

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
2) The Cabbage Soup Diet

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

3) The Atkins diet

cleome - I'm familiar with all these diets, and they're *just* convincing enough that nobody should feel bad about having tried them [Smile]

--------------------

Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
1) Blood Type Diet

The only diet I'm familiar with on the list. Had to google the rest.

From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Um, Blaze, I already guessed that one.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Sorry for making you wait, Gentlemen. Computer issues all blasted day.

[No]

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
3) The Atkins diet

cleome - I'm familiar with all these diets, and they're *just* convincing enough that nobody should feel bad about having tried them [Smile]

Yeah. [sigh] I think a lot of it had to do with working in the office environment where I didn't have much in common with the other women there. The diet thing at least gave us something to talk about other than kids (of which I had none) and comics (about which they knew pretty much nothing, unless it was strips in the newspaper).

I never tried Atkins, FWIW. By the time I'd heard of it, I'd already been diagnosed with kidney disease, so I was smart enough to know what a dirty word "ketosis" really is.

Invisible Brainiac gets the next round!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I have the same problem with sports in the office! Don't watch none of it.

1. I munch on oatmeal with peanut butter and honey all day at the office.

2. I drink plenty of green tea and herb teas at the office.

3. I help myself to plenty of coffee with cream and sugar at the office.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

3. I help myself to plenty of coffee with cream and sugar at the office.

--------------------

cleome46

1. I munch on oatmeal with peanut butter and honey all day at the office.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

No sense waiting for a 3rd guess, as HWW has it. I rarely drink coffee; I prefer tea. And I snack constantly throughout the day since I prefer grazing.

--------------------

This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  60  61  62   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.