Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I happily defer to Kent's expertise.

I think it's quite remarkable that I remember the issue at all. I don't think I ever owned it. I read it at a friend's house! Even at that young age, I knew Captain Thunder was supposed to be Captain Marvel.

Thanks for the memory, SS!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
More than just a game,
it's a trip down memory lane.

Glad you enjoyed thinking about the story. Or are you just thrilled that you have any memories from that long ago? [Smile]

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
I was going to ask which Earth he was from, but in those days they generally weren't mentioned except in lettercols and fandom, so it wouldn't have been a fair question. It's listed somewhere as Earth-T (for Thunder) but I like the Marvel Family Page's designation of Earth-F (for Fauxcett!) much better.

I am fairly certain that issue did not specify which Earth. I do recall a much-later (years later) letercol or perhaps Bob Rozakis' "Ask the Answer Man" column where someone wrote in asking, but even the editor/answerer was speculating on the Earth-T response, extrapolating off of Earth-S.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

On what comic book character's alternate Earth is it always 1965?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember the year, but I do remember Zot! had that concept.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Zot! it is!

and here I thought this would be another one I thought was easy but no one else would.

Go, Sonny!

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Well any question is easy if you happen to know the answer.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Which DC character's civilian identity became both an agent of SHIELD and a title character in Amalgam Comics?
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Batman.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Correct, Bruce Wayne, Agent of SHIELD.
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
What Golden-Age villainous identity was taken over by a former classmate of Ronnie Raymond?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The Thinker a.k.a. Cliff Carmichael

(and I wanna say the Golden Age identity was like Roscoe Dillon or something).

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Correct, Blacula.

(But incorrect about the other matter, Roscoe Dillon was the Silver-Age Flash's enemy the Top. The Thinker was Clifford DeVoe.)

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
That's right! I had the name Roscoe DeVoe in my head for some reason but I knew that wasn't correct. Not sure why I was getting him confused with the Top?

Sticking with Cliff Carmichael -

Who ended up killing him in the old DCU?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Killer Frost?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.