Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

Another hint - this Leaguer was also a member of the Watchtower League.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Huntress?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Plastic Man?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Blacula has it!

Plastic Man returned to help the JLA against the Royal Flush Gang. When Vixen had the 2 team up, Kimiyo commented on how she deserved more competent company - prompting an angry response from Plas.

They had each other's mutual respect by the end of the story, though.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Most people know that the last name of Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred is Pennyworth. But that wasn't his original last name. What was the last name of the Earth 2 Alfred?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Clue - it is also a breed of dog.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Dalmatian?

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Beagle
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Beagle it is/was!

Your Q, SS!

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
In the “first” fight between Superman and Captain Marvel, it was actually an alternate Cap that was not from Earth-S and that we’ve never seen before or since to my knowledge. Answer any two of the following:

What was his hero name?

What was his secret identity?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen
What gave him his powers?

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I think I know this. It was also an alternate Superman.

It was Captain Marbles aka the unknown monster. His alter ego was Billy Spafon, boy reporter. And his power came from the magical word SHAZOOM. Standing for: Strength; Health; Aptitude; Zeal; Ox, power of; Ox, power of another; and Money.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Stuporman vs Captain Marbles may indeed have come first, but I'm thinking of the fight between the actual Superman of Earth-One and a non-spoof alternate Cap, in a story published by DC in one of Supes's own magazines.
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I know the answer to one of your questions: Captain Thunder?

Can't remember his secret identity or what gave him his powers, though.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I used to have that issue.

It was Captain Thunder.
Billy Fawcett?
I don't remember what gave him his powers. Was it his belt?

I do recall "Sha-boom" was either his magic word, the sound of his change, or both.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

It was indeed Capt Thunder, which as many know, was Capt Marvel's name in Whiz #1, which was only printed as an ashcan edition.

HWW gets an honorary mention but Kent managed not only the minimum, but everything he said was right.

I was going to ask which Earth he was from, but in those days they generally weren't mentioned except in lettercols and fandom, so it wouldn't have been a fair question. It's listed somewhere as Earth-T (for Thunder) but I like the Marvel Family Page's designation of Earth-F (for Fauxcett!) much better.

He changed by rubbing his belt bucket while saying Thunder. Sha-boom was indeed the sound of the explosion that transformed him.

Take it away Mr Shakespeare, Sir!

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.