Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
That was a lucky guess. I remember there being a Mnemonic Kid in the story but I couldn't remember anything about his role in it.

Question to come soon.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, that would be "her" role.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Haha. Goes to show how lucky the guess was. I'm picturing Mnemonic Kid as being a green guy with a helmet and a sort of circular emblem or something on his chest? That must have been someone else. I'll find out who all these characters are when I do my big Legion re-read one day.

[ August 23, 2012, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

What Legion-verse race were responsible for the death of a member of the Doom Patrol?
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Just guessing...the Khunds?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
The Dominators (through their gene bomb) killed Scott Fischer.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Hmmm that wasn't actually who I was thinking of but I can't deny that the Dominators fit the question as neatly as my answer does, so I'll give the next one to you CMK.

The race I really had in mind were the Gil'Dishpan, who were indirectly responsible for Celsius' death when she was caught in the blast of their attempting-to-escape ship. (Also in Invasion!)

The moral of this story - Doom Patrol members should stay far away from the 31st century!

Chaim Mattis Keller

Doom Patrol members should stay far away from any century. They don't have good luck anywhere/when.

What Legion enemy had previously been a slave?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Blacula
Easy

Wasn't Grimbor a love-slave of Charma's?
Chaim Mattis Keller

I suppose you could say that. But when I say slave, I mean it in the true sense of slavery - a sentient being (not a robot) who legally has no personhood but instead is the absolute property of another.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Doom Patrol members should stay far away from any century. They don't have good luck anywhere/when.

At some point the might try changing the name of the group. "Doom Patrol" is really just taunting fate.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

What Legion enemy had previously been a slave?

Falyce, the Orandan Emerald Empress?

[Emerald Empress - Animated] [Sensor]

Speaking of Orando, I wonder how many raccoon people Sneckie's family owned...

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
The Ancient Egyptian soldiers who chased Violet in the first Universo story?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Was that in the pre-Flashpoint Legion Annual # 1? I'd totally forgotten about that. Was she a slave? If so, I guess I have to give it to you, though that's not who I was thinking of.

I don't believe that Egyptian soldiers were generally slaves.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Egyptian slavery was quite complecated, and intertwined, more akin to what we would consider basic debt/obligation than stereotypical slavery. Egyptian slavery was generally temporary, cut a ross class and professional lines, and one could even be a slave while having slaves of ones own.

That said, my guess was a shot in the dark, and no worries if it is not what you had in mind.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Well, I'll throw out a hint - the slave in question was actually serving and being abused by his/her/its owner at the time that he/she/it became empowered as the villain.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.