Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
New Q soon.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

What specific and deliberate editorial change can one find in later 1960s reprints of "Superman's Super-Courtship" (Action #289) that were not in the June 1962 original, and why?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It's got to be something to do with the "why Superman doesn't bonk Supergirl" bit... Did they delete the "I'd do someone like you" part?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

ha! right story... but no. The correct answer is Legion-specific rather than El-specific.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Did this story feature the Adult Legion? If it's the one where some of the Legionnaires were married to other Legionnaires, I'll guess that Imra was not married to Garth.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

good guess, and in the right ballpark... but no. This story as it originally appeared was the first to show a version of Imra and Garth who were married.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Then was it Phantom Woman who was married to someone other than Colossal Man?
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

very, very close. Involves one of those two.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

I mean Ultra Man.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

So to be less ambiguous: Tinya is NOT married to Jo Nah, as would later be the official mythos.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Harrumph, okay, Jo never did marry Tinya, did he? Oh well, you know what I mean.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

right on the first one. The story, published with a June 1962 cover date, even predates Jo's first appearance (the following month), let alone them being a couple. Later reprints of the story would reference Tinya being married to Jo (within standard Silver Age Adult Legion lore).

Go, Shiny!

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Damn, keep forgetting not to try so hard when I don't have a question ready.
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! I just looked up two reprints of the story and found the same thing, although the change strikes me as totally unnecessary. Kara's line--"After all, she's probably still single"--reflects only her limited knowledge at the time, not whether Phantom Woman was actually married.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Okay, speaking of Imra being married, back in the original Legion timeline (we call that preboot, yes?) Garth and Imra were abducted immediately upon departing for their honeymoon. They were taken to a colony on what body in the Sol system?
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.