Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I was actually sort of joking about hating the Team20 era. The LSH stories at the time were definitely some of the worst of the Reboot IMO, but the L* ones were, for the most part, really good. And even the LSH series had a couple of gems - specifically the opening issue (#85) and the 1950s story.

---

As for this question, I'll say the obvious answer...

Invisible Kid!

[Wink] Just kidding. I'll say...

Spark.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lyle would have been awesome.

I'm sure Spark did find it cute, but I'm looking for someone who specifically stated it outright...

and Xben has it, it was Kinetix in LSH 66, her tryout issue!

Back to Xben.

PS, I agree with you that the Team30 team had a lot of good stories (Mordru arc!!) and I appreciated the greater focus on some Team20 Legionnaires (e.g. Spark, Gates, Brainy, Shvaughn)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone point me to a source that explains why these eras were called Team 20 and Team 30?

BTW, it occurs to me that Chameleon doesn't have any excuse for NOT being cute.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Because roughly half the team was stranded in the 20th century; teir adventures appeard in the LSH series, Final Night, occasinally in Showcase, plus various x-overs in other DCU books.

Team 30 denotes the team members still in the 30th century, who were appearing in the Legionnaires series. While of course that was the normal era for the Legion (prior to the years 2000 and 3000, of course), the Team 30 term exists to differentiate those team members from those stuck in the past.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Because part of the team (Team20) was in the 20th century, and the rest (Team30) were on the 30th century.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read them for a while, but overall my memory is that Team 20 / Team 30 was a more enjoyable run that what came afterwards, with the impact of the Space Anomaly, prior to DNA.

OK, it's obscure Silver-Age character time. Here are five scientists who showed up in the early Adventures-era of the LSH. What was each one doing in their one and only (as far as I know) Legion appearance?

Ak Aru
Dr. James Bannon
Lon Duryal
Professor Harding
Doctor Karnes

If this proves too difficult, I'll give some big clues before too long

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
I haven't read them for a while, but overall my memory is that Team 20 / Team 30 was a more enjoyable run that what came afterwards, with the impact of the Space Anomaly, prior to DNA.

It's better than what came after, but also a huge step down from the stories before the split. IMO, the first year of the reboot was absolutely brilliant, then there was a bit of a dropoff after that first year (which I attribute to Waid leaving), then a pretty big decline after the T20/T30 split (though a few really solid issues, especially the alt-reality stories), and then another big dropoff in quality after the T20/T30 reunion.

Anyway, Lon Duryal made lifelike androids.

I suspect one of them (Ak Aru?) developed the cure for the Tree-Men of Arbro blight.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE has one of them right.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I think one of them may have invented the plastic fluid that gave Bouncing Boy his powers.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no guesses for the current question but thanks to everyone for answering about Team 20/30.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

None of them had anything to do with Bouncing Boy's powers.

So, Lon Duryal was the head scientist at an android factory. Here are the answers for the other four - the question is to now match the scientist to their answer:

1. A guest entomologist visiting Legion headquarters (who brought some glowing bugs that gave Sun Boy his powers back temporarily)
2. A scientist on the doll world planet that Mask Man tied up and impersonated
3. An archeologist who visited Throon (the planet with the two grumpy old men who nearly defeated the entire Legion)
4. A man who had intended to collect statues from every world. Proty II stowed away with him to some world as part of his initiation into the Legion of Super-Pets

--------------------

The truth set me free

Eryk Davis Ester

1. Professor Harding
2. Ak Aru
3. Doctor Karnes
4. Dr. James Bannon

Xben
Deputy

two right, which mans that the other two just need to be reversed

--------------------

The truth set me free

Eryk Davis Ester

1. Professor Harding
2. Ak Aru
3. Dr. James Bannon
4. Doctor Karnes

Xben
Deputy

That's it. You're go, EDE.

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.