Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Chaim has it! As revealed in the Who's Who in the Legion mini-series, Silver Sword had her humble beginnings as a girl with an exceptional vid submission in the Society of Historical Speculation.

Over to CMK.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't even remember who Silver Sword is. Oh well.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
She was one of the non-Legionnaire heroes that Universo had captured in the "Universo Project" story.

In what setting did the Legionnaires first see a usable time cube?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Quoted from our very own CMK's help file:

quote:
Trebia Rijleigh of Buenapar was a member of the Society of Historical Speculation, who call themselves knights and act out historical incidents as they might have happened. After Trebia presented a re-creation of the War or the Roses, she was given, as an award, armor and a silver sword which were thought to be ordinary metal, and which, to anyone else, is. Somehow, though, the equipment unleashed a power within her that gave her strength and invulnerability and enabled her to fire laser beams from the sword. The Silver Sword became a heroine on Buenapar, and agents of Universo brought back tales of her from there. Universo decided that she would be an asset to his army with which he intended to attack the Controllers' homeworld, and kidnaped her, hypnotized her and held her on a prison planet for several months. She was freed in February, 2987 by Saturn Girl and returned to Buenapar by Atmos (Legion of Super-Heroes (2nd series) # 32-33).

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Which text I took pretty much verbatim from Who's Who in the Legion. But thanks for the attribution.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I knew it, having recently looked up Silver Sword after she was featured as one of Future's Legion micros!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

In what setting did the Legionnaires first see a usable time cube?

I'll go with the obvious: At the Metropolis Science Fair, at which Rond Vidar was demonstrating it?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rond Vidar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rond Vidar           Edit/Delete Post     
I would too.
From: Always right on time. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

That's the correct answer.

Not a particularly difficult question (I had some trouble thinking of a good one) but I thought it would sound a bit off for a kids' science fair to include a time-travel device. I guess in the 60's writers (especially teen writers?) didn't think one bit of science fiction should seem to be a more complicated field than another.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Eryk Davis Ester

I thought there might some trick to it with it being a time travel device!

Next question:

The first mission of the New Earth Legionnaires team involved a crisis concerning which two cities?

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Jakarta and Melbourne?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jakarta and Melbourne it is!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Wow! I can't believe I remembered that right.

I also vividly remember Tashkent and Nairobi being destroyed... along with several others whose names I can't remember. 8 cities destroyed in all, brrr. Does anyone remember which 8 those were? I don't know and I don't have the issue with me, and that is NOT my trivia question either [Razz] (Demanding aren't I?)

My actual question -

According to 31st century history, who was a Panamanian strongman?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

George Washington?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Correct! Back to you, CMK.

--------------------

This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.