Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Karate Kid?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoM           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
On the The Legion #12 cover, Shikari faces off against Batman, as she does in the comic - however, on the originally-solicited version of the cover, it was a different Legionnaire entirely who faced off against Mr. Wayne's hologram. Who was it?

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Umbra?

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Violet?

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Karate Kid?

None of the above answers are correct.

--------------------
Backup account for Reboot.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Ultra Boy?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Getting colder

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Chameleon?

PS - is something wrong with your Reboot account? You're only 12 posts away from Trapper status! Or are you waiting for a special occasion to get the 10,000 post mark?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

quote:
Chameleon?

Nope. [Come on, he's ON both the original and final covers!]

This may help - it's the revised solicit image. Everything except Shikari (and the random deletion of a background effect) is the same as in the original solicit bar the addition of colour:
 -

quote:
PS - is something wrong with your Reboot account? You're only 12 posts away from Trapper status! Or are you waiting for a special occasion to get the 10,000 post mark?

The latter. I want it to be something like a long 21CL post, not something in an inane or trivia thread. I decided to switch here when I realised it may take a few posts to get to the answer [Smile]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Saturn Girl?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Okay, another clue - the Legionnaire in question is NOT part of the team who fight the "JLA" in the issue - which presumably has something to do with the cover switcharoo.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Gear IS the only other Legionnaire not guessed from the team that actually fought the JLA (Violet and Ultra Boy were the other 2), and I didn't think it would be him. Hmmm...

Star Boy?

Are you planning your 10K post to be within the year? Can't wait to see where you're taking your "main" quartet in 21C [Smile]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Brainiac 5?
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Nope.

Okay, there seems to be a lot of throwing out random names going on making this harder than I expected. Think about it. M'Onel is paired with Superman, XS with Flash and there's a shapeshifter's duel between J'Onn and Cham. Given that, who - amongst those actually on the team at that point* - would you pair up against Batman?

(*Note that neither Umbra nor Karate Kid, both guesses otherwise on the right lines, were actually members as of The Legion #12 - the depowered Umbra departed in #10 and wouldn't reappear until #24, while Karate Kid was still stuck on Steeple with Ferro until #22).

quote:
Are you planning your 10K post to be within the year? Can't wait to see where you're taking your "main" quartet in 21C [Smile]

I definitely want it to be before the year's out, yeah. If by the quartet you mean Cos/Trinity and Spark/don't-call-him-Brainy, I have to get out of the EW aftermath first, which is stymieing me - I've got quite a bit to sort out at the Academy. (And I also want to get back to Laurel & Lydia as well at some point!)

*hums "Under the Sea" idly...* [Wink]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm completely blanking.

Invisible Kid, maybe?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
A smart guy with a propensity for sneaking around in the shadows, huh?

Click for fullsize image

Finally, you chose... wisely [Smile] Your go.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

LOL. I was going with Legionnaires who I knew to be at the battle. Don't know why I blanked on Lyle though,probably because I knew he was elsewhere at the time.

quote:
Originally posted by SoM:
I definitely want it to be before the year's out, yeah. If by the quartet you mean Cos/Trinity and Spark/don't-call-him-Brainy, I have to get out of the EW aftermath first, which is stymieing me - I've got quite a bit to sort out at the Academy. (And I also want to get back to Laurel & Lydia as well at some point!)

I haven't had much time to think of my own plans either - actually I don't really have any. Lately I've been filled with ideas for Postboot Legion stories and LMB-verse ones... Yup, that's the quartet I was mentioning, since I know you have big plans for them and I think you haven't fleshed them out as much as your plans for Dani and the Academy?

--------------------

SoM
Reboot's backup account

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SoM:

I haven't had much time to think of my own plans either - actually I don't really have any. Lately I've been filled with ideas for Postboot Legion stories and LMB-verse ones... Yup, that's the quartet I was mentioning, since I know you have big plans for them and I think you haven't fleshed them out as much as your plans for Dani and the Academy?
Oh, I've got plenty of plans - after the current arc there is done (albeit that's a bit away), I'll be leaving the Academy for a wee bit since I've had my plan for what's going to happen with Cos/Trinity for quite literally years now and I want to get it moving! And there's some stuff in Cathingham (Laurel/Lydia) that I want to get done too. In that context, my fairly-recently-devised plans for Spark & Q will probably wait, since there is more planning to go there.

It's just finding the time and capacity to actually write the damn stuff down that's my problem. Too long sitting at a white screen....

[Anyway, we should probably take this to PM. EDE will no doubt think of a question at SOME point [Wink] ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.