Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 69)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Which two characters graduated the Legion Academy alongside Comet Queen the first time, and where was each of the three (including CQ) placed immediately after graduation?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Night Kid and Crystal Kid.

Night Kid went back to Talok VIII.

Crystal Kid went to work in a jewelry store.

Comet Queen went to work at the academy.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Kid - back to Talok VIII

Mandalla - back to Takron Galtos

Comet Queen - back to the Subs

These Legion Academy graduations sure are missing some memos...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'll go ahead and give to you, Future, even though it's not specified that Mandalla is being stationed on Takron-Galtos (she does join the Science Police, however). I'm assuming she must have been a super-good student to graduate with Grev and Grava.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually still a bit surprised that Comet Queen and Mandalla apparently graduated before Nightwind, Power Boy and the others. If I remember right, Nightwind, Power Boy, Lamprey and Crystal Kid were *supposed* to have been enrolled in the Academy earlier. Mandalla and Comet Queen both must have been VERY competent!

Although, Magnetic Kid (in pre-Crisis continuity anyway) also joined up after they all did yet he made it to the Legion first...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Ah, true. I'm mixing my memory of the next graduation, where I think all but Lamprey get sent to Takron Galtos.

I'd assume Mandalla was an exemplary student as well, going from being a late addition with the Westerner to graduating with the remainder of the initial 70s class. Poor Power Boy ... perhaps Legion rejection caused him to slip in his studies for a spell.

Next question ... who is a member of the Society of Historical Speculation?

Eryk Davis Ester

^^See also Tellus, whose Academy tenure was comparable to Magnetic Kid.
Future
The Present is Past

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Although, Magnetic Kid (in pre-Crisis continuity anyway) also joined up after they all did yet he made it to the Legion first...

You know, I never really realized that the audition trifecta of Crystal Kid, Lamprey, and Nightwind DIDN'T show up for the one Legion audition that actually netted multiple memberships. I'd love to believe there's an in-story reason ... some expectation of rejection (again) that causes them to kick themselves once the other students make it so far.
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Future:

Next question ... who is a member of the Society of Historical Speculation?

I just found this out this afternoon! [Wink]

I'll let somebody else get it if they can, however.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I don't think these three were mentioned (or appeared at all!) in that story. If I remember right, by that point Paul had begun ignoring Nightwind, Crystal Kid and Lamprey in favor of Power Boy, Laurel Kent, Tellus, Magnetic Kid, Comet Queen and Shadow Kid.

Re Historical Speculation...

Cosmic Boy?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Haha. I had a hunch that Eryk would know this answer. It's coincidental timing. I've had this question in my back pocket for a few months.
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
quote:

You know, I never really realized that the audition trifecta of Crystal Kid, Lamprey, and Nightwind DIDN'T show up for the one Legion audition that actually netted multiple memberships. I'd love to believe there's an in-story reason ... some expectation of rejection (again) that causes them to kick themselves once the other students make it so far.
I always assumed they were already rejected by the time the story opened.

Lamprey and Crystal Kid probably didn't stand much of a chance with Lightning Lass and Element Lad already on the team, though.

Future
The Present is Past

quote:
If I remember right, by that point Paul had begun ignoring Nightwind, Crystal Kid and Lamprey in favor of Power Boy, Laurel Kent, Tellus, Magnetic Kid, Comet Queen and Shadow Kid.

I believe all those he favored but Laurel Kent were his own creations, so I can't fault Levitz too much for paying more mind to them.

As for the Historical Speculation ... no, not Cosmic Boy! Though maybe we can retcon in a membership for him.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I wonder if there's an in-story reason for Nightwind consistently getting rejected, though? She was also the first to gain membership in the 5-Year Gap. If Levitz really did create all those others, then I can't fault him for passing up on Nightwind. Especially since telekinetic Tellus has powers similar in effect (moves things around). But given that her powers don't strictly duplicate anyone and she's been in the Academy for a while, it's not surprising to see that a lot of fans (on LW at least) would have given Nightwind a chance had they been allowed to vote.

Hmmm... if not Cos...

Circadia Senius?

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
How about Rond Vidar?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.